Birthday Surprise

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: I don't know if I should make a sequel for Lost Stars since it was meant to be a cliffhanger but I appreciate the love that Lost Stars received :) Meanwhile, this update has been a draft for a long time now and it was for Taeyeon's birthday last March 2018. But I don't want to leave things hanging for this one so here goes!

---

It's March 9, 2019. Today marks Kim Taeyeon's, leader of Girls' Generation's, birthday. In South Korea, she finally turned 30. It's a big milestone indeed for the kid leader but her young look doesn't agree with her age. A lot has happened in the past few years that she's been with Girls' Generation: Jessica was forced out to leave the group; Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun didn't choose to renew their contracts with their agency, SM Entertainment. It's been a sad and lonely road but she must face the future ahead of her with a strong and positive mind. Each birthday is a milestone and Taeyeon could only hope for the best.

Taeyeon has become a soloist, a successful one at that. With her amazing voice and charm, she had captured the hearts of many but no one really knew her internal struggles except for a select few. Her best friend Tiffany went on back to her homeland, the United States, to pursue her dreams further in the life of Hollywood. Not having Tiffany around was definitely hard for her since it's one less person she could actually talk to at least whenever she wanted to. Eitherway, Taeyeon has a lot of friends around the industry but not many are as close with her. What broke her heart even more, and still does, is the fact that her girlfriend isn't around anymore.

Homoual affairs are still considered taboo in the country of South Korea, especially if you're in the entertainment business. SM Entertainment couldn't risk the potential flop of their rising super star so they risked and discontinued Jessica's contract. Indeed, it's been going around for a while that Jessica and Taeyeon had been secretly dating. They tried so hard to hide it but the company saw through it. Jessica, who wanted to pursue her dream of opening up her own fashion line and also sing in front of the large audience at the same time, was chosen to be discontinued instead. SM Entertainment couldn't look past her dream of becoming a part of the fashion industry because it apparently conflicted with Girls' Generation's schedule a lot, especially since they finally reached the top amidst previous backlash.

Right after Jessica's departure, Taeyeon fell into more hate from the fans and Jessica's fans started to attack the kid leader saying that it was all her fault. Even then, the leader supported her girlfriend all the way through to reach her dreams into becoming a part of the fashion industry. Jessica went on to sign up with Coridel Entertainment to continue her singing career while also focusing on opening up her own clothing line, going in and out of the country to continue both.

It was a hectic schedule for the both of them. Sometimes there were days that they weren't able to talk to each other because of the time difference and the busy work they've been having. Girls' Generation continued on to promote without Jessica while the latter continued on by herself.

"Long distance should be fine," Taeyeon had told Jessica before she left.

"It's going to be a painful journey..." Jessica looked down to the ground.

"At least we'll try and try. I don't want to give this up just yet."

Taeyeon reached over her girlfriend's chin and lifted her head up, eyes meeting after. She leaned over and gave Jessica a long, passionate kiss before bidding her goodbye.

Despite their faith on their long distance relationship, they soon fell apart as they were too busy with their own promotions. It was heartbreaking for the both of them but they understood that they were both leading different lives in different parts of the world. There was just not enough room for the relationship to thrive but the feelings that the both of them had for each other were still there.

"At least we tried huh," Taeyeon left out a soft, quick chuckle through her phone.

"I guess... but just so you know, Taengoo, I still love you," Jessica softly replied, trying not to break into tears.

"I do too. But later on if you've decided to move on, if you found someone else that could take care of you and help you, then I'm all for it. No hard feelings."

"But if we don't and we still have feelings for each other when we reunite..."

"Then I'll pursue you again."

 

It's been a while since Taeyeon and Jessica last talked. They would message each other every now and then to see how they're doing and to see if there are any new news about them. Other than that, they didn't talk much. Their minds were too preoccupied with work and their own personal well-being. Jessica went on to become one of the most sought out female artist in China and a successful business woman with her Blanc and Eclare fashion line while Taeyeon busied herself promoting more singles as a solo artist, becoming one of the top female solos in South Korea.

Taeyeon proceeded to top the charts everytime she released a solo. When she released her first solo album, I, everyone was amazed, even Jessica. Jessica would always congratulate her everytime Taeyeon released a new single, letting her know that she's always keeping up to date on what activities the girl she loved is up to. Jessica did release her album called Wonderland and Taeyeon didn't fail to congratulate her with that as well even though it wasn't well accepted by the netizens as much as they did with Taeyeon's. In reality, they were always compared next to each other as both of them were the lead singers of Girls' Generation. Even then, Taeyeon continued to release more singles, even promoting in Japan for her new Japanese EP while Jessica focused more on the ever expansion of Blanc and Eclare. Although her music flopped, her fashion line was growing more and more popular.

Whilst celebrating her birthday, Taeyeon was hanging out with her fellow friends and people she worked with. Usually she would use her birthdays to thank the people working with her for their hard work and for continuing to support her. You see, Taeyeon is really introverted and mostly kept to herself. She doesn't try to go out there and make friends. She liked her inner peace a lot. Her friends and peers made a toast to congratulate Taeyeon's ever succesful streak with all her solos.

"Before we proceed onto cutting the cake laid out in front of us, I want to make an announcement," Taeyeon's make up artist started, "I would like to welcome someone else to the party."

Taeyeon wondered who it was. She wasn't expecting a surprise guest coming to her own personal party since she only invited a couple of people. Even then, the guests were all invited by her and her alone.

Soon enough, they turned the lights off of the room and on the corner of the wall, they saw someone bringing over a lighted cake. As that person proceeded to step forward, Taeyeon couldn't help but burst into tears.

"Happy birthday, Taengoo."

"Jessica what the hell?!"

Jessica gave the cake to a nearby peer and opened her arms for Taeyeon who was already running towards her. They had a long hug and everyone else were clapping for them or were either teary eyed. After all, most of them already know of Taeyeon and Jessica's previous relationship. Jessica was actually contacting most of them to figure out this plan to surprise Taeyeon.

"You're so mean," Taeyeon blurted out as she sobbed on Jessica's arms.

"Hey, at least I'm here now, right? Let's celebrate your birthday shall we?"

Taeyeon nodded and they proceeded on with the birthday celebration. Taeyeon made a wish and blew out the candles from the cake Jessica brought over. Soon, they turned the lights back on and proceeded to cut the cake. Taeyeon got her face smashed on the cake by a close peer and Jessica a bit of the icing on Taeyeon's face.

"I know you're blushing," one of Taeyeon's friends teased, receiving a slap from the little midget after.

 

The birthday celebration came to an end after a few hours of eating, drinking, and having some fun. Taeyeon proceeded to go elsewhere with Jessica.

"Do you want to stay over my apartment?" Taeyeon offered, "I have extra room if you'd like to stay."

"I would love to take you up on that offer but aren't you afraid that paparazzis may take pictures of us?"

"They're not going to find out."

Jessica eventually agreed but they had to head over to the hotel she was staying at. As soon as she took her stuff from the hotel, she got back in the taxi where Taeyeon was at and proceeded to head back to Taeyeon's apartment. It was a nice, quiet night out. The cold from the winter still looming around the air. Taeyeon couldn't wait to have Jessica all to herself again.

As soon as they got dropped off, Taeyeon helped Jessica with her luggage up her complex. Jessica was amazed by how roomy Taeyeon's place was. It was also quite neat but she saw a bunch of coloring books and colored pens and pencils spread out on the coffee table. She chuckled, knowing Taeyeon hasn't changed at all.

"You always had a love for coloring and other artsy stuff. Let me see your game collection."

"They're all on my computer," Taeyeon pointed at her desktop computer.

"Still playing sims, are we?"

"I like playing another reality of life, of course," Taeyeon chuckled and proceeded to change the subject, "anyway, would you like me to show you to your room?"

"I would actually prefer to sleep in your room. Don't make it awkward now, Taengoo," Jessica smiled, "just because we broke up before doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you anymore. Remember, I still love you."

Taeyeon blushed at the statement and proceeded to roll Jessica's suitcase to her room. Jessica closed the door behind them and tackled Taeyeon to her bed.

"It's times like these that I miss, just being alone with you."

"Same here..."

Taeyeon adjusted herself and cuddled Jessica. She definitely missed the girl's smell, her warmth, and her body. Although, Taeyeon was wondering, how could Jessica through all these years be single still.

"Have you been too busy to find a relationship?" Taeyeon asked.

Jessica chuckled.

"You of all people should know how hard it is to manage a relationship while keeping busy."

"What does this mean between us?"

"You should answer that question. Remember what you told me before?"

"Does this mean we're back together?"

"Well... you did say you were going to pursue me again once we reunited," Jessica flicked Taeyeon's forehead for forgetting.

"Ow!" Taeyeon flinched, "It was so long ago. How do you expect me to remember that?!"

"I am a busy person as well, Kim Taeyeon. I remember the little things. I guess you're too much of an ajhumma to remember things."

"But why should we continue? Aren't you going back to the US anyway?"

"I'll be here for a while dum dum. I'm launching a store here in Korea and am going to be promoting it for a while. I already hired some staff to take care of the stores back in the US."

"But if you go back..."

"Taeyeon, I'm here with you for a while. I want to establish our relationship again. If that's not what you want then that's fine as well. But I do want to be with you the rest of the time I have here in Korea... and hopefully be with you forever."

Taeyeon thought to herself. She's still a popular star and being in a relationship with Jessica may cause the previous issues to arise once again.

"What about the paparazzi?"

"We'll do the same thing as before but eitherway we're not working together anymore so it will be harder for them to even pick up. If anything, they're just going to think we're having a reunion or something. And if that arises once again, I am all ready to face the world for it."

The offer was very tempting and as much as Taeyeon missed Jessica, she couldn't shake off the fact that SM Entertainment might say something about their relationship. Taeyeon didn't want to be any more apart from Jessica as they have had for the past few years. She wanted Jessica all to herself.

"Alright... then I'm going to pursue you again."

"And same goes with me. I can't be far apart from you any longer," Jessica leaned over and kissed Taeyeon, "everything will be alright for the both of us this time."

All Taeyeon could hope for was the success of their relationship this time. With the support of her friends and peers, she knew everything would be fine. And if the time comes when suspicions arise once again, she's sure to be ready to deal with it with Jessica by her side this time.