Chapter 4: Not So Boring After All

With Or Without You

 

Not So Boring After All
 
 
... Ten years later…
 
 
“Oppa! Wait for me!” a petite girl dressed in a school uniform ran out calling while struggling with her things.
 
 
“Hurry up slowpoke! You’re going to make us late!” said a boy, also in uniform, while getting inside the open car door.
 
 
“Oh my ghad! I have to go back and get my diary! Wait for me okay?” she said, while handing her things over to the maid who was at her wake the entire time.
 
 
“Aisht! Why do you need to go back for your stupid diary? YAHHHH!” he called out, but the girl was already running across the road into her own mansion.
 
 
‘Idiot! Hmph! Let her go in her own car,’ 17-year-old Kwon Ji-Yong thought. Then he said to his driver in front, “Let’s go.”
 
 
But the chauffeur hesitated and asked tentatively, “But sir. Shouldn’t we wait for Miss Park?”
 
 
“No. She can get there by herself,” Ji-Yong said, already with a smirk on his face as he imagined what her reaction would be at finding that the car had gone.
 
 
“Yes, Sir,” he dutifully pulled the car out of the drive.
 
 
OPPA! You idiot! I said wait for me!” Dara yelled at the black Linux, which was slowly gathering speed.
 
 
“Aisht! You are soooo in trouble, Kwon Ji-Yong! I’m going to get you for this,” she stomped her small feet, while she glared at the retreating car and hurried back to her house.
 
 
“Mr. Song! I need the car right now,” she said to the waiting driver.
 
 
“Yes, Miss,” he said quickly, noting that Miss was already building up a temper. She seldom got angry, but when she did, it was best to just get out of her way.
 
 
‘Just you wait, Ji-Yong oppa. Just you wait,’ Park Sandara thought, as her own car backed off the driveway and sped off towards her new school.
 
 
Meanwhile in the freshmen classroom of the Seoul Exclusive High School, a boy was leisurely looking around, his chair was tipped back on its hind legs as he rested.
 
 
His arms were crossed behind his head while his legs were stretched out on the chair in front of him.
 
 
Around him, people were already talking to each other. It was obvious to him that some of them came from the same elementary schools. Some of them looked happy, some looked anxious, some looked excited…but all of them looked rich and pampered.
 
 
‘Hmph. Another boring school. Another set of boring classmates. Why does life have to be so freakin’ boring?!he asked himself, while blowing his long bangs out of his eyes.
 
 
Some of the girls were already stealing glances at him and giggling, annoying him even more.
 
 
But he was still something to look at with his black hair styled in a mohawk, straight nose, firm lips, and beautiful brown, chinky eyes. It also helped that he had the body of an athlete.
 
 
Just as he thought that he was going to die of boredom, another boy wearing designer sunglasses entered the room.
 
 
He looked as rich and pampered like the rest, but he exuded something that the others did not: confidence.
 
 
He was just oozing confidence.
 
 
He looked at the room dismissively, then dropped to a chair in the back row by the window. He tipped the chair back on its back legs, crossed his arms on the armchair, put his head on his arms and fell asleep.
 
 
‘He must be a dope-head or a party animal to fall asleep this early, and on the first day too,’  the mohawk-haired boy thought, looking at him strangely.
 
 
Then he returned to his appraisal of how boring life was.
 
 
Just then, the door opened once more and a girl came in.
 
 
‘Another interesting character. She looks far too young to be in high school. But then again, it might just be her height,’ the boy thought while looking at her.
 
 
She looked small, but very pretty. She had a porcelain complexion, with almond-shaped eyes, a small, straight nose, cute thin lips, and straight hair styled in two pig tails.
 
 
She also looked around the room, then locked her eyes on something at the back.
 
 
‘Er, why is she looking here?’ the boy asked himself, then looked around.
 
 
The strange newcomer marched straight to him, but passed his chair, and went on to the sleeping boy at the back.
 
 
YAH! Kwon Ji-Yong!” she said, poking the sleeping boy, “Yah! Why did you leave me, huh?! I was almost late!”
 
 
The boy looked on as the girl continued to rant at the other boy, who seemed to be dead to the world. ‘Hmmm…this should be interesting…’ he thought while looking at the strange pair.
 
 
“Aisht! You are such a insufferable MORON!” she yelled. Then she did the strangest thing: she kicked the boy’s chair hard.
 
 
She kicked it so hard that it got knocked off balance and fell to its side, taking the sleeping boy with it. He promptly woke up, sputtering. He quickly stood up from the floor and glared at the girl.
 
 
Yah! What do you think you’re doing shrimp?! Disturbing a man’s sleep!” he roared at the smaller girl, advancing in small, menacing steps as he did.
 
 
“It’s your fault! You left me behind!” the girl answered back, standing her ground despite the fact that Ji-Yong towered over her.
 
 
“You are so dead, Park Sandara” Ji-Yong whispered menacingly as he launched himself at her and grasped her around the stomach.
 
 
Dara struggled to get out of his arms, kicking her legs and arching her body, as he lifted her off her feet.
 
 
The entire class was looking at the two of them by this time, some of them whispering, some of them laughing, some of them looking alarmed.
 
 
The boy who was watching, reluctantly stood up, thinking to break this up. Just as he was about to step in, the teacher arrived.
 
 
A tall, old woman, who looked so strict, that her eyes were concentrated into slits, her lips pursed in disapproval.
 
 
SIT DOWN! All of you… settle down!” she yelled at the class while everyone else scurried to obey.
 
 
The bickering couple at the back reluctantly let go of each other and sat glaring into each other’s eyes.
 
 
“I will have order in my room. I will have discipline among my students, and anyone caught not following the rules will be punished severely. Do you UNDERSTAND?!” she shouted the last word, making them all jump.
 
 
She looked at each student’s face and said in a low voice, “When I ask a question, I expect an answer. Now let’s try that again, DO you understand?”
 
 
“Yes, ma’am,” the class chorused monotonously.
 
 
“Good, now I will be arranging you into a seat plan. When I call your name, stand up and take the seat that I assign you,” she said while taking out the roster.
 
 
She called the names one by one, when she got to Ji-Yong’s, he stood up and took his seat beside the boy.
 
 
He looked around and said to his seatmate, “This class looks boring, doesn’t it?”
 
 
The boy looked at him, quite surprised that someone else would think the same thing. “Yes, it does seem to be boring. I wouldn’t even be here, but my father insisted on it,” he answered.
 
 
Ji-Yong grinned and offered his hand, “I’m Kwon Ji-Yong, 17 years old. And you?”
 
 
Before the boy could answer, someone slapped Ji-Yong’s hands away. The two boys looked at the culprit.
 
 
Dara smiled unapologetically and said to the boy, “Be careful. He has rabies,” she said cheekily.
 
 
“Why you rabbit…get back to your seat why don’t you?!” Ji-Yong said, glaring at her.
 
 
“No. I want to get to know him too. I’m Park Sandara, by the way… and you are?” she said while looking at the other boy steadily, her smile never leaving her face.
 
 
Ji-Yong gave her a parting glare and looked at him too.
 
 
He was unused to so much attention, and coming from such a strange pair made it worse.
 
 
The boy gulped and finally replied, “Uhm…Nice to meet the two of you. My name’s Young-Bae. Dong Young-Bae.”
 
 
 
 
----------------
 
 
 
Hi Bae! I'm Belle! Let's be friends too! LOL!
 
Kudos all! Read and review! And I hope you enjoy it. Keke.
 
Kudos,
 
~Belle