colours of happiness

flowers with the colours of happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(One month later)

"Yerin unnie!" ShinB excitedly dashed out of the school gates and ran into Yerin, giving her (legs) a hug. Yerin released a soft chuckle and patted the child's head, before lowering herself before the child. 

"How was school?" Yerin asked with a beam as ShinB handed over her schoolbag. 

"Was alright," ShinB plainly replied, but managed to maintain her smile. 

Yerin realised the dampness in her answer but decided not to mull over it. "Come, let's go," she smiled at the child with an outstretched hand. 

ShinB delightfully held it and the two walked away from the school gates. 

"Unnie," ShinB called out in a mutter, breaking the silence.

"Mm?" 

"I miss coming to school with Eunha unnie," Yerin looked down to find the girl in a pout. She felt a small prick in her heart seeing the expression on the child's face, as well as listening to the sorrow in her tone. 

But Yerin put up a smile anyway, "Eunha's getting better. She'll come back to school soon!" exclaimed Yerin with excited eyes.

"Really?" ShinB was wide-eyed. "Really?" she asked again, her eyes twinkling, her lips breaking into a smile.

Yerin smiled and nodded. Her heart was overwhelmed by warmth at the pure, beautiful sight of the happy, naive child before her.

"Come, let's go see Eunha!" Yerin grinned at ShinB, who then reciprocated it. Hand in hand, they took their stroll to the hospital. 

ShinB was still uncomfortable with the scent of the hospital, wrinkling her nose while they entered, for the scent reminded her of Eunha's sickness and ShinB felt bitter for the pain the older girl had to go through. But as usual, she held tightly onto the hand that was leading her, making her way to see Eunha, albeit that day was different for it was Yerin's hand she was holding onto instead of Sojung's- not the first time, but warmer than the first. 

"Eunha unnie!" ShinB yelled the moment she saw the older seated on the chair and ran towards her. 

"ShinB," Eunha stood up with outstretched arms and a bright smile.

"How does unnie feel?" ShinB asked while giving Eunha a hug. 

"Better," Eunha affirmed the younger. 

Yerin chuckled watching the children, heartwarming as they would usually be. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter