occurrences

flowers with the colours of happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"ShinB yah, let's go, we have to go to the opposite building where your Eunha unnie is having treatment," Yerin held out her hand which the little one took without much hesitation. Yewon couldn't help but smile seeing how Yerin and the kid had built up a trust.

As they walked out of the building, they came to a zebra crossing. While waiting for a chance to cross, a man ran across the road while cars were trying to pass, creating a commotion as the cars began honking.

ShinB suddenly pulled her hand out of Yerin's grip and covered her ears with both hands. The child squeezed her eyes shut in fear, and soon began breathing heavily. A short moment later, tears were flowing out of her tiny eyes and she started to bawl.

"ShinB yah, ShinB!" Yerin and Yewon both squated down before the tiny child in panic, completely lost about the situation.

"Umma, umma!" ShinB gave a loud, piercing cry which could pain any listener's heart. 

"What do we do?" Yerin looked to Yewon and whispered, while the child continued wailing.

Yewon shrugged her shoulders and frowned, "Take her to Kim Sojung ssi," she suggested.

Yerin patted ShinB gently on the back but the child couldn't stop crying. She then lifted the child up and carried the child in her arms, before they hastily made their way in search of her guardian.

 

 

 

"Kim Sojung ssi!" Yewon called out urgently when they spotted her. Sojung turned with alarmed eyes when she saw ShinB crying in Yerin's arms.

"Why is she like that?" Sojung immediately ran over anxiously. "Give her to me," she said to Yerin, and carried ShinB from Yerin's arms.

"Let's go over there, don't let Eunha hear this," Sojung then said and walked towards the other end of the corridor. Upon reaching a quieter, more secluded spot, Sojung placed the child down on the floor and knelt before her.

"ShinB, tell unnie," Sojung had her eyes sternly fixated on the child, yet there was worry and guilt in her voice. "Hwang Eunbi," she called again once more, more assertively, when the child did not respond but continued crying and rubbing her eyes.

ShinB shook her head and remained calling, "Umma, umma," between her cries. 

Yerin and Yewon saw as Sojung's shoulders dropped, and on her face a look of despair. 

Sojung pursed her lips together as her heart sank. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes. Blaming herself for not being there for the child, Sojung pulled ShinB into her arms and tightly hugged the child. 

"Mianhae, ShinB yah," she whispered and the child's hair, "mianhae."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter