fate's bet

flowers with the colours of happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yewon ah, let's go pay appa a visit since I'm out now," Yerin suggested as they stepped out of the restaurant after a satisfying meal together.

"So you're saying that you wouldn't give him a visit if you weren't out right now," Yewon had responded with an opinion that sounded too much like a statement.

But Yerin knew it was just a tease. "Stop giving credit to yourself for getting me out today," she chided the younger sister with a short chuckle. 

"Are we going to walk to the hospital?" Yewon asked, ignoring Yerin's statement. 

"It isn't very far, is it?" Yerin turned to her and tilted her head, confused. 

Yewon narrowed her eyes at the older girl. She couldn't understand how unlike her usual self, Yerin wasn't lazy and passive. "I guess it's a manageable distance," she answered after a short silence. 

"Then let's go," Yewon chirped a reply with a grin and pulled the older by the arm. 

"Yahh!" Yerin let out a yelp as Yewon dragged her, running to let her feet catch up. 

 

 

 

"Unnie, are you scared?" ShinB turned towards Eunha with a concerned face as they were entering the hospital. 

"Eunha, don't be scared alright? It's the third time already," Sojung gently squeezed Eunha's hand as a form of comfort. 

Eunha pushed the corners of her lips into a smile, "I'm not scared!" she confidently answered. 

ShinB did not look convinced. 

"Don't worry, ShinB yah," Eunha giggled. She then released herself from Sojung's grasp and ran over to the other side of the adult, to give the younger one a hug. 

Sojung smiled as she watched the kids, and ruffled Eunha's hair. 

"Appa's gonna be hospitalized for a while more, isn't he?" the family of three had their ears perked up to a familiar voice. They turn to look ahead of them where the voice had come from. 

"Jung Yerin ssi?" Sojung was first to ask. 

Yerin looked away from her sister and turned towards Sojung. Her jaw dropped, and she released a surprised smile, "Kim Sojung ssi! What a coincidence," she replied. Yerin could see Yewon glancing at her with a cheeky smile from the corner of her eye.

"Kim Sojung ssi," Yewon softly spoke and smiled as she bowed. 

"Yerin unnie," ShinB's frown cracked into a smile when the child had seen the woman. 

Eunha who was initially confused, too, grinned at the sisters.

On the other hand, Sojung was almost stupefied. Lost in the situation, she remained tense and could not make a proper greeting. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter