responsibility

flowers with the colours of happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a sigh, Yerin searched through her key pouch for her home key, whilst standing outside her home.

She stopped when she found an unfamiliar key. Bringing it closer to her face, she realised that it was Sojung's. She narrowed her eyes. Why didn't Sojung get it back from her that day? Had Sojung forgotten?

"Unnie!" she jumped, having jolted out of her thoughts by her sister.

"Yewon! When did you arrive?" Yerin turned around with a hand on her chest.

"Just. Forgot your key?" Yewon asked and moved forward holding a copy of the key to their home. 

"Maybe," Yerin moved aside for Yewon to unlock the door. 

"What key is that you're holding?" asked Yewon, casually.

"Ah, Sojung unnie's," replied Yerin.

"Sojung unnie?" Yewon furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at her sister. Since when did they begin speaking informally?

Yerin did not bother answering Yewon but continued rummaging through her key pouch, and at last finding the house key. "Ah, it's here," she muttered.

"Get a proper keyring since now you've got one more to keep," Yewon said with a grin while stepping into their home. Yerin wondered what that smile meant. 

Once they were settled in the living room, Yewon and Yerin had their eyes occupied- a book for Yerin, and her mobile phone for Yewon- and their limbs all stretched. 

Yewon put her phone down and took a glance at the table. Holding up an envelope, she asked, "What's this?"

Yerin rolled her eyes up to Yewon's hand without lifting her head up from the book. Realising what it is, she then placed the book down and reached for it. "Ah, that envelope."

"There's something inside," said Yewon as she handed it over.

Curiously, Yerin opened it and found a small note that she hadn't noticed when she was retrieving the key the other day. 

You can keep the key, Yerin ssi. was what written on the note.

 

 

 

After the children were put to sleep, it was the time for Sojung to take a breather after each tiring day. Her days were the same: Sojung would wake up an hour before the Eunbis, cooking both breakfast and lunch. Then she would rush to work every morning after sending the children to school, or Eunha to the hospital if there was an appointment that day. Her shift would end by lunchtime, and Sojung would rush back to pick the children up and send them home for lunch and the rest of the day. Then she would go for her second job that would last until evening. She would then return home to have dinner with the children, check on them (and their schoolwork), and tuck them in for bed. The last few weeks had been slightly different though, as Eunha began missing school due to the illness.

However, apart from that, things had been different this spring. No doubt it was thanks to the meeting with the Jung sisters, but it had a particular impact on her life, especially with the older Jung. Sojung would catch herself once in a while, smiling for no reason, when reminded of Yerin. It had been a long while sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter