Save Me (I)

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was unable to breathe. Because he was a vampire. 

But it did not let him pass the life trial from losing the one he cherished the most. He lost two persons he loved. Wonwoo. And their child. Although he was holding one of the twins, it felt empty. Since the family was not completed. Wonwoo had gone, so had the baby. He still remembered clearly when he spent time with Wonwoo through good and bad terms and how he lost him before his eyes that day. 

It was a lunatic day. He lost the meaning of his lives without Wonwoo and his other child in the clan’s hand. 

Losing him because of clan’s decision, it suffocated him. He almost lost his sanity due to the accident. Also, thanks to that accident, the vampire’s palate never pleased him anymore. He lost the eagerness of seeking blood to survive. He even neglected Byeol for some reason, because…the kid resembled Wonwoo perfectly. Like the touch from little finger would always shock him, because the touch was similar to how Wonwoo handled him back then. 

The fingertip of an innocent kid that resembled Wonwoo’s touch on him, it maddened him to the limit. How the kid saw him intensely, moreover with the emotionless look on her face, it tore Mingyu’s heart. 

Even now, he put a gap between him and his daughter. He was glad, Somi and Jungkook helped him to take care of the daughter together. The two were always there for Mingyu and Byeol. They knew how difficult it was Mingyu to handle the kid alone, particularly when the matter of the case had so much similarity of his partner’s creature. It was hard. 

A sommelier came approaching with a bottle of blood wine. He opened it and poured down the drink in front of Mingyu. But the prince stayed silent and unmoved by the blood. 

“Your Highness…” 

The prince turned his head to one side, giving a sharp look to the sommelier. “If you are done, get off from my sight.” 

He bowed down before withdrawing himself from the prince’s presence. While Mingyu stared into his glass blankly. He showed no excitement of having a blood tonight but his in-law along with the brothers from Kim’s clan pestered him to take the blood because of Byeol. They could not let Byeol losing her parent anymore. Although the task of being her parents had replaced with Somi and Jungkook also some from his clan, her biological parent should stay. No matter how difficult it was to live alone, Mingyu had to stay. 

Because they believed part of Wonwoo living inside the little girl. And they knew Wonwoo never wanted Mingyu to live without aim and in misery like now. 

“Byeol…” 

A little girl with black long hair came out from behind the curtain. She had been standing there for none know it. No one had noticed it beside Mingyu. Because he had smelled how perfectly she was if the girl was near him. 

A step she took reluctantly was timid. She was afraid to come close to her father. 

“Kim Byeol…here,” Mingyu offered a hand to her, emitting the warmth she never received before from the prince. She immediately rushed herself to repay the hospitality. Even she almost tripped over her step if Mingyu did not hold her tight and tucked her into his embrace. 

“You should be careful, princess,” Mingyu nagged her, ruffling her hair as he put her onto his lap. He gently caressed her cheek and combed her hair. Come to see him like that, he gave a figure of a gentle father for her. More, he planted a kiss onto the crown of her head. 

“I will be careful next time, Your Highness.” The girl hesitantly retorted, uncurling her dress. Mingyu chuckled. 

“It’s Dad when we are alone, Byeol,” Mingyu pulled Byeol’s hand to touch Mingyu’s cheek slowly. He beamed at her as he mustered up the courage to face the daughter of his own. He made them having an interlocking stare as he took her hand. 

As the hand laid on Mingyu’s cheek, Byeol’s eyes widened and tears streamed down on her cheek. 

 

Wonwoo was there, alive and beautiful as always. His hair gradually grew longer and the black one he had, it transformed into a maroon hair. His nail also got longer and sharper than before. Despite it all, Mingyu found him more ravishing. Although his appetite went worse because the stock of blood pack for a month was running out. Wonwoo had consumed it for three days and it would be hard for Mingyu to satisfy Wonwoo. 

The babies were not voracious to have all the blood for their own. As if the babies were not like other vampire babies who craving for the blood so much in their age. So — the case was good for the baby, so they wouldn’t be a greedy vampire and soon when they grew up, they might be able to handle their appetite. Like the way, Wonwoo was used to. 

Now he was different. He neither complained nor questioned why he became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter