5 - Maybe...?

SSKHS: Sophomore Year

5

 

 

 

 

“I just thought some fantastic idea, alright?”

“But Soojin--”

“Wait, wait for a moment! I know it may sound crazy, but just listen to me on this one…it might actually be good…” I sigh and listen to Soojin jabber on about something, trying to beat around the bush. Daesung sat next to me, drinking his coffee and listening to Soojin talk also. It was really crazy how everyone in the café acted like nothing happened ten minutes ago. Everything was back to normal, and that was good. Well everything was good until-- “I think you and Daesung should go out…”

“BWOH?!” I yelled out loud. Rinn began laughing out loud and Daesung almost spit out his coffee. Soojin grinned softly. “That wasn’t a good idea Rinn!”

“It’s just my opinion, is it that bad?” She asked.

“I wouldn’t go out with Lynn!” Daesung began, laughing a bit. His put his coffee down, looking left to right. He stared at me, seeing the dissatisfaction in my face. “W-well I’m not saying your ugly or anything. I’m just…well you know. I wouldn’t want to ruin the friendship.” Daesung looked nervous, like he was having hot flashes or something. “You’re actually quite c-cute.” The three of us began laughing and Ducky laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

“We understand Dae,” Rinn said. “Soojin just wanted to say it. It was on our mind when we both saw you two walking out together… You looked cute.”

“Well it’s not gonna happen…” I said, taking another sip of my drink. There was a long moment of silence. I checked the time up on the clock mounted against the wall. 6:25. “, I should  go. I need to go and start on my homework while it’s still early…”

“Oh, well we’ll go too--” Rinn suggested. Soojin pulled her back down in her seat.

“No, I’m fine. My house isn’t that far away….”

“I was about to leave myself, I’ll take you.”  I stared at Daesung and I shook my head.

“I’m fine.”

“Oh c’mon Lynn! At least let him take you home! It’s getting dark and you don’t wanna get in trouble around here,” Soojin yelled, a little irritation in her voice. I sighed and grabbed my bag.

“Fine. I’ll see you two tomorrow alright?” The girls nodded and Daesung followed me out of the shop.


The mid summer air was slowly getting cooler and I hugged my arms out of warmth. Daesung noticed me and he draped his jacket on me. “Here,” he said, grinning. I thanked him and continued walking down the sidewalk. Tall skyscrapers filled the skies and the loud traffic filled the air. Cars lined up along the road and many people were waiting at the bus stop at every corner, waiting for the bus to get there. This place was amazing… Never I have been in the heart of Seoul before. Maybe I have when I was little but I don’t remember it.

“This place is amazing isn’t it?” Daesung said, breaking my train of thought. I nodded, still looking up at all the shops and the clothing stores. “Hey,  maybe we should get everyone one weekend and we all hang out down through here! It’ll be awesome.”

“Who’s everybody?”

“Um, you, me, Soojin, Rinn, and Seunghyun. Who else?”

“Nothing! I was just asking…” We stopped at the corner, about to cross the street. The traffic was heavy and it looked like we would never be able to cross. I felt another hand slip into mine and I stared at Daesung. His face was a little crimson. I couldn’t help but blush either. After all, this was Ducky we were talking about. It was surprising that he made the move himself.

“I didn’t want you to get lose when we cross the street.” I only blinked. “Um, we run on three okay?” I nodded. Looking both ways, he said it slowly. “Hana, dul, set!” We began running across the street when there was no traffic. But there were a few cars driving down fast. I screamed, as loud as I could and heard Daesung laugh. Once we were safe, I grabbed onto him, laughing also.

Suddenly, a few people on the corner were staring at us, grinning and smiling softly. I finally realized what I was doing and I stepped away from him. Daesung followed me as we continued waling down the street. My house was coming up soon. “Wow, is this where you live?” Daesung asked me.

“Well, this is the area. Why you ask?”

“Oh, I just said that ‘cause I live very close to here…about two blocks away actually.” I looked at him, surprised.

“Really?”

“Yeah. You see that street down there?” He pointed over to the area. “If you just keep going straight and then make a right, my house is right on the corner.”

“Cool,” I said, smiling.

There was a small moment of silence between the both of us. It was kind of awkward to be honest. But I was with Daesung. Everything was awkward with him… “Lynn…” I looked over at him. His hands were in his pockets and he stared at the ground. “Were you really serious about when you said you would never date me?” I knew he was going to ask me that…

Would I ever date Daesung? It seems like the weirdest thing ever, but on the  other hand…it doesn’t. He has changed since the last time I saw him at summer camp. He was taller, his voice was deeper and his skin was very smooth. Ducky looked quite cute actually and for a change, if we hadn’t has so much of a past, I may have said yes to him if he ever asked. What? Lynn you don’t like him! Right? Am I right? I looked at him and then blushed, just thinking about going out with him. Me and him holding hands. Me and him kissing--

“It’s okay if you wouldn’t--”

“No! No! I would!” I yelled. I gasped and covered my mouth. He grinned and his cheeks turned crimson again. “Well, Daesung, you’re not ugly. You’re a nice guy and even though you’ve been my friend for not very long, it seems like it has. But…I don’t know if I would want to ruin a relationship like that.”

“I understand. I wouldn’t want to ruin it either. But hey, you’re really cute though.” He winked at me and then gazed around at the houses again.

I gripped my stomach and turned my head awkwardly to the left. I had…butterflies. He couldn’t see me like this. Especially now. I should be getting all mushy over Youngbae, not Daesung. And knowing that Youngbae hasn’t been in my thoughts until now worries me. The only person on my mind is Kang Daesung. Ducky. The annoying boy from summer camp….And the boy I hope I won’t grow feelings for.

“Are we close to your house yet?” I suddenly looked around and saw my house straight ahead. I nodded and walked faster to my home. Pulling out my keys I walked up to my porch. Daesung walked up to me, gazing at my door. “This is nice…”

“Thanks,” I said, grinning softly. I wanted to get away from him as soon as possible. He began stepping backwards away from me.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” I nodded and he smiled. “Great. Oh, and Lynn?”

“Yes?” I answer, turning back to him.

“Wanna walk to the bus stop in the morning together?”

“That’ll  be perfect.” He smiled brightly, said bye, and then walked away. I slammed the door in my house and closed my eyes, breathing  heavily. Sliding down to the floor I try and keep the scene of his wink out of my head as much as possible. Besides, I didn’t want to do my homework with him on my mind…





The next day I finished eating my breakfast and I left the house saying goodbye to my parents. The air was cooler than usual and the trees were swaying back and forth. The sunrise was beautiful. The jacinthe colored sun rose slowly over the sky and the pink clouds surrounded it, turning it into a picture. I wish I could stand here all morning and watch it but I couldn’t. I would be late for school and for-- “D-Daesung?!” I yelled, spotting him looking at me. He began laughing hysterically and I pouted, stomping my feet down to the street. “Ha, ha. Very funny.”

“Ah, I’m sorry Lynn. I just wanted to see the look on your face when you saw me here.”

“Aha, well that better be your last laugh for the day…”

The both of us walked  silently to the corner of the street to catch the bus so we could reach school. Several people were already there yawning and listening to music as they wait. Traffic was really heavy in the morning too. Seoul reminded me of New York City because this city never sleeps… “Hey,” Daesung whispered, tapping my shoulder. I turned my head. “you think we’ll get any troubles from you-know-who today?”

Hmmm. You-know-who = GD.

“I hope not. As long as we stay out of his way, we’ll be fine.”

As we board the bus, I saw Rinn and Soojin sitting in the back. They saw me took and gestured as to sit in the back with them. I sat in the empty seat across from them  and Daesung sat next to me. My two friends stared at me and him, giving each other looks and communicating without words. There was a long pause before anyone says anything, but I already knew what they were plotting in their minds. “Good morning!” They both said, smiling. I rolled my eyes at them and they began laughing.

“Morning…” I grumbled. The laughed again and this time Daesung was included.

Something was up…

The bus suddenly stopped and opened its doors to let more people inside. My eyes widened in shock and fear. It was Jiyong…and his crew.
 


I just wanted to update before I went to school! I had enough time and I needed to update anyways. Comment & subscribe please! <3