4 - GD + Me + Cafe + Daesung = Problems.

SSKHS: Sophomore Year

4



 

 

 

 

By the end of the day I was exhausted.

My eyes were heavy, my back felt like it was about to go out on me any second, and my tolerance level was at zero. If the school year was going to be filled with fights, drama, and rumors I would’ve never came here and I would’ve never moved from Incheon. I grabbed my bag and put it on my shoulder. I noticed Youngbae closing his locker and throwing his backpack over his back. He looked at me and gave me an eye smile. Suddenly two figures stood between me and I looked left and right. It was Soojin and Rinn.

“So…tell us about you and GD walking in class together,” Soojin started. I rolled my eyes and I slammed my locker shut, walking away from them. “C’mon Lynn! Tell us! There has to be a reason, am I correct? Or did he just happen to find you walking lonely in the hallways and decided to walk with you to make you feel better?”

I stopped and rolled my eyes at her again, ignoring what she just said to me. “What’s the point of telling you? You probably would’ve known already if you guys hadn’t abandoned me today…”

“We were busy Lynn!” Rinn said innocently, like she was actually telling the truth. Huh. “We didn’t have time to stop and socialize--”

“Oh really? And you two had time to watch me be stared at by weirdoes In 3rd period?” The two girls looked down to the ground in shame. “Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

“Well let’s make it up to you then, we’ll go to the mall and buy you something…” Rinn suggested. I shook my head.

“No, not today. I’m fine you don’t have to buy me--”

“Well at least let us buy you a latte,” Soojin said. They grabbed my arms and led me out of school.


Outside, several people were still hanging around, waiting for the bus to come, I guess. I didn’t see Daesung anywhere and Youngbae was already gone. Thank God I didn’t see GD or any of the others, they would’ve been another problem. Across the street was the local café in Seoul and it was one of the biggest cafes too. A few people from my school were over there and I saw a few people smoking outside. They smoke too? My eyes widened and I continued running across the street with Rinn and Soojin.

Walking inside, I smelled the caramel lattes and the sweet desserts in the café. I noticed there were three floors. The second floor had a balcony for the inside of the building and for the outside. I could see laptops and computers on the second floor. Loud music was playing through the speakers and a few people were sitting down. Everyone else was standing up.

This place was heaven.

“Hey, c’mon let’s go find a seat on the second floor. I need to look up something on the computer anyways…” Soojin began walking up the steps. Rinn and I followed her.

“This place is amazing isn’t it?” Rinn asked me. I nodded. “I heard Seunghyun comes here a lot…” I stared at her.

“…who?”

“Choi Seunghyun. He comes here a lot.” I begin to blush and I manage a small smile. What if he was actually here? I hope he wasn’t mad at me when I walked off from the table at lunch earlier today… “Lynn…you’re blushing!” I shush her and finally find a seat. “You think he’s cute don’t you?”

“Think who’s cute?” Soojin asked.

“Lynn thinks Choi Seunghyun is cute.” Soojin grins and stares at me.

“Who doesn’t like him? He’s absolutely gorgeous. He may be here now…” Soojin pulls out her compact mirror and looks at herself. Rinn fixes her hair and I just sit there, like an idiot. am I suppose to be doing that too? Shifting uncomfortable in my chair, I suddenly stand up. I didn’t feel like looking like an idiot again today…

“Um, I’m gonna go buy myself a latte or something--”

“What? No we’ll  buy it for you remember?” Soojin said, standing up from the table. Rinn followed her. All three of us walk back down the steps to the line that was forming at the counter.

We both stood in line, waiting to order. I looked around the place. Several people were walking around and I saw Krystal sitting in the corner with a few of her friends. I wonder if she’s okay after the fight that happened today… I frowned and continued to look forward. “Oh my God! Sorry!” I heard a familiar voice yelling from a distance. I look in the same direction and my eyes widen. Oh my God…

It was Daesung.


Spilled coffee was stained all over Krystal’s shirt and the empty cup was in her lap. Her eyes were wide and his face was bright red. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. After all, he was my friend and everything. It seemed like this whole day was a bummer for both of us. I noticed GD, Seungri some other guy sitting at their table next to them snickering. Soojin and Rinn saw it too and they frowned. Am I the only one who will stick up to them? Seriously? I ball my fists up and charge over to all of them. I had to do this. Not because I owe him one for yelling at him earlier today, but for his sake off not getting humiliated. He needed help from me. I was his friend wasn’t I? I can’t leave him, not now anyway…

“Yah! You think this is a joke?!” I yell at Jiyong. The laughing at the table ceased and he leaned back in his chair, arms above his head. “You can’t just torment people like that!”

“Ah, what’s up babe?” Jiyong replied back, winking. “I didn’t expect you here, yelling at me…” He began laughing again and then he pulled out an empty chair. “Calm down for a minute…sit down.”

“No I’m not! You’re acting like a complete !”

This time, the entire café was dead silent.

The grin on Jiyong’s face disappeared and his eyes were glued to mine. He was serious. The nerves in my body began to build up by each second. The look in his eye was actually downright horrifying. It was like he was about to murder me or slap me so hard I’d have a mark on my face that would stay there permanently. Walking closer to me, I could smell the strong nicotine in his clothes. His dark brown globes were dark and cloudy. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and I winced.

GD was strong, too strong. That amount of power in this kind of person was dangerous. My arm was quickly bruising and I knew I was going to have a large mark on my arm the next morning. Leaning up against  my ear, Jiyong whispered, “Next time you call me that–you’re gonna regret it bad. Got it?”

“Stop it! You’re hurting her!” I saw Daesung trying to run up to him, but Seungri and the other guy was holding him down. Where in the hell is the manager of this place? Why is he just going to let him do this to us?

“Got it?” Jiyong repeated. I nodded and then looked away. He ungrouped my arm and walked out of the café. The other two guys followed, shoving Daesung in the process. Everyone stared at me and I looked down at my arm. It was red, where GD’s hand was. Soojin and Rinn stared at me also, like they didn’t know who the hell I was…Daesung grabbed my hand and dragged me to the back of the store where the bathroom’s were. There was a little hallway that was closed off to everyone else.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Daesung snapped at me.

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you? You’re just gonna let him walk all over you like that?”

“It’s better than getting beat to a pulp!” I shook my head in disagreement.  

“I can’t believe you. I thought you would at least stick up for yourself at least this once…”

“Sometimes you just have to let things go…”

I sighed and nodded slightly, just finally agreeing to him. There was no point of fighting, even if I knew I was right. Or maybe he was right along…and I’m the one who’s wrong. “Fine. I’m sorry…I overreacted.”

“It’s fine…” Daesung said, a small smile reappearing back on his face. I grinned back, happy to see that he was in a good mood again. I don’t why I felt relieved but I did. Walking back out into everyone’s view with Daesung, I saw Soojin and Rinn standing right there waiting for me. At first I thought they were going to yell at me for what I just did, but instead they were smiling, like they had some type of plan up their sleeve.


Sorry I updated late! >.<