Chapter 2

Bonding Eternity - Sequel to Bonding Desire

I cradled my throbbing wrist as Jungkook held me in his arms to calm me. We had been trying to find ways to relieve the pain for the past hour with no luck. Pain relievers, massages, splints, nothing had an effect. Namjoon suddenly sprung up from the couch, startling the seven of us.

“The pain isn’t Cathleen’s. That’s why nothing is working. We need to treat Jungkook.” We all exchanged glances with each other before nodding our heads, and shrugging in agreement. It was worth a try. Jungkook took a couple pain relievers as Jin began to wrap up his wrist. Instantly, the pain began to ease up.

“I don’t get it. The bond has been completely dormant for months. Why is it acting up all of a sudden?”

“Namjoon, what's going through your head?” We all looked over at the pondering man who had taken his seat on the couch again.

“One thing is for sure. I have nothing to do with it this time.”

“This time? What do you mean this time? When did you ever have anything to do with is?” Jungkook began to question his hyung. Namjoon sighed, looking away from the seven pairs of eyes trained on him.

“I’m the one who established the bond between you two when it first came into effect.” My eyes widened.

“What? How?” Namjoon laid his face in his hands before sighing again and looking up at us to continue.

“I’ve been keeping some pretty big secrets from all of you. Secrets I never thought I would have to tell, hoped I would never have to reveal. I’ve always been special, since I was a kid.”

“Well, you’re a genius, we know that for sure,” Jimin stated.

“There’s a reason behind my wisdom. A very difficult to explain reason.”

“Hyung, you know we’ll always be here for you no matter what. Please tell us,” Jungkook pleaded.

“I can shape-shift normal, everyday objects into whatever I want. With limitations, of course.”

“So that’s where those damn handcuffs came from when we first met,” Jungkook grumbled. I stifled a laugh to avoid interrupting the older member.

“And I can also teleport short distances. That’s how I was able to juggle serving Cathleen’s dad, and BTS. It takes me a split second to get to where I need to be.”

“So, does that mean... Yer a wizard Namjoon?” I couldn’t contain my laughter at Taehyung’s Hagrid impersonation.

“Anyways,” Yoongi drawled, trying to keep the conversation moving. “That doesn’t explain the bond thing. Teleporting and shape-shifting aren’t related to that whatsoever.”

“The last thing I can do, is tamper with peoples’ minds. I can wipe memories, add memories, change memories. Now, I didn’t know I was capable of forming a bond between two people, but with Cathleen’s father threatening to kill my friends and family, I knew I had to try. Somehow it worked, and now here we are.”

“Then we’re not actually soul mates?” I glanced at Jungkook with sad eyes.

“That doesn’t matter Jagi. You know I will always love you forever, soul mates or not.” I softly smiled at his words. He was right bond or no bond, we loved each other, and that wasn’t going to change.

“So then, if you’re the one in charge of this whole bond thing, why couldn’t you figure out the problem before a little sooner,” Yoongi grumbled.

“You see, the problem is,” Namjoon began, nervously chuckling. “I’m not in control of it anymore. Honestly, I don’t think I had much control over it ever. I just created it, and it took a life of its own.”

“Great, so we don’t even know who has control of our bond,” Jungkook muttered dryly. “So, let me get this straight. If I get hurt, Cathleen feels most of the pain, and vice versa?”

“I can slap Cathleen to test it out,” Jimin smirked.

“Touch her and you’re dead,” Jungkook growled.

“It’s not like she would be in pain. You would feel most of it.”

“I’m down,” I threw in. “I wanna know what it feels like to get hurt, but not feel pain. It’s like when you get a cavity filled and half of your face is completely numb. You can pinch it, poke it, anything, and you won’t feel it!”

“Jungkook, your fiancé is starting to lose it.”

“I blame it on all the time she spends with you guys.”

“Yah! I am not losing it!”

“Either way, she said she’s down,” Jimin cheekily grinned. The maknae muttered incoherent profanities as he crossed his arms and slouched into the couch.

“Fine, you guys do whatever you want.”

“Kookie, I won't do it if you really don’t want me to. You are the one who’s gonna feel it.”

“I said it was fine Cathleen.”

“Doesn't sound fine Mr. Moody.” He rolled his eyes.

“Alright Park Jimin. You have honors of slapping me. But do be a little gentle please, I’ll still feel ome of the pain if Namjoon is right.” He nodded and shot me an innocent smile. He raised his hand, and I immediately closed my eyes to prepare for the contact.

‘slap’

Jungkook cried out, and I rushed over to him in worry. Even if I didn’t feel all the pain, Jimin couldn’t possibly have slapped me that hard.

“YAH! Jimin! Why would you slap her so hard!” Jungkook was cradling his arm, but I could feel his anger at the older member.

“But I didn’t. I’ve slapped you harder before. There’s no way I slapped her hard enough to inflict that much pain.”

“So Namjoon’s theory isn’t completely accurate,” I mumbled.

“Instead of a transfer of pain, what if it’s an amplitude of pain? One of you gets hurt, and the other feels the pain, but stronger.” Hoseok’s theory made sense. That explained why I was in torturous pain when Jungkook hurt is wrist, and why Jungkook had cried out in pain over a slap.

“Guess we’ll just have to roll you guys up in bubble wrap from now on,” Yoongi smirked.

Jungkook glared at him.

“Absolutely not.” The older member shrugged.

“You guys can suffer than.”

“We’ll just have to be extra careful,” I rushed in before the two got into a heated argument.