Déjà vu

Clarity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 ***Note: I suggest rereading chapter 1 since it was a long time since my last update. Also to better understand what happened in the first part of this chapter. Thanks~          

 

Déjà vu

 

The sun was at its peak when the five of them was walking home together from school. The sweet breeze of the spring wind embraced everyone’s faces. The air was filled with the fragrance of the grass fields alongside the sidewalk. The five of them was laughing in wind as they continued walking.

 

“Chaeng? Chaeyoung you’re spacing out, snap out of it.” Dahyun said while giving a gentle nudge to Chaeyoung.

 

“…Huh? Where are we?”  Chaeyoung said with a confused look on her face.

 

“Hey!! Wait!” Before anyone could answer, the girls saw Nayeon running as if she was on a marathon.

 

“Nayeon hurry up! I’m starving!” Jeongyeon shouted at Nayeon, who was already at a short distance from them.

 

“Oh-boo-hoo. Are you always that hungry you ostrich? By the way, I brought you all curry buns. You’re all welcome.” 

 

*Wait… what is this? This has already happened. Was I dreaming? déjà vu?*

 

“So… are we not gonna talk about the fact that Tzuyu’s ears are like Yoda’s?” Dahyun said in a teasing tone, trying to provoke Tzuyu

 

*This has definitely happened before. What is happening.*

 

Tzuyu gave the young girl a death glare.

 

“Yeah you’re right!” –Nayeon

 

*Tzuyoda. I said Tzuyoda...right?*

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, and continued munching on her chocolate bread, looking evidently embarrassed.

 

*Wait… that wasn't supposed to happen. Mina should have laughed her off. Was it because I didn’t say ‘Tzuyoda’? This is getting weirder and weirder.*

 

“You guys are really steamrolling Tzuyu with the Yoda thing huh?” Jeongyeon said. “Well, hurry up with your food, it’s gonna get dark out soon.”

 

 

It was about dusk. The sunset bleached sidewalk was finally free of people, cars go by like flashes of lightning whenever the stoplight would turn green. The gang was about to cross an intersection while in a red light while Chaeyoung was still baffled with what was happening.

 

“Are you feeling better now, Chaengie?” -Dahyun

 

Chaeyoung looked at her and gently nodded her head. She looked at the stoplight, waiting for it to turn red.

 

*I remember the last time we were here, we stopped before the intersection. And Mina… oh-God, Mina.*
 

"Red light! Let’s go.” Jeongyeon exclaimed.

 

Dahyun noticed the small bean spacing out again before crossing the road with the others and placed her hand on Chaeyoung's neck; checking her temperature “Chaeyoungie, are you alright? We’re almost at your house. Do you want to rest for a bit?”

 

“Huh? No, I’m fine. Let’s just go. Don’t stop, just go.” Chaeyoung replied while slightly pushing Jeongyeon, signaling her to go.

 

“Are you sure? You don’t look good. I’ll stay with you here a bit longer if you want.” -Mina

 

Chaeyoung, looking nervous was looking at both directions of the road.

 

“No, It's okay. I’m fine. Just go.”

 

The walk across the street was nerve-wracking. Chaeyoung was looking out in all directions and tunneling her vision at Mina at the same time. They were on a red light and all vehicles were at a halt, but she can’t help feeling paranoid. She didn’t want to see it happen again. She couldn’t. As they finally cross the road, she sighed a deep sigh of relief. After they crossed the intersection, a speeding truck suddenly speeds through without any sign of slowing down.

 

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Dahyun screamed with both of her arms placed on top of head.

 

"Good thing we didn't stop. We got super lucky." Nayeon calmly replied.

 

“Almost getting hit by a truck. What a day. Well, okay then! This is where our paths end. Thanks guys, It was a fun day. Catch you later.”  - Jeongyeon

 

“See you tomorrow. Take care!” –Nayeon 

 

“Later.” –Tzuyu

 

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu waved the three goodbye and went on ahead, leaving the three behind on the sidewalk.

 

“Bye guys, see you tomorrow” Mina gave the two a warm smile before going on her way.

Before she could take another step, Chaeyoung stopped her and placed her hands on Mina’s shoulder. “Mina… be careful.”

 

Mina smiled at the smol bean and gave her a light chuckle “Thanks, you too. Bye!”

 

Chaeyoung stood in the sidewalk, eyeing Mina as she walked off into the distance.

 

“Chaengie? Let’s go.”

 

 

“Morning already?” It was about 6:30 in the morning. Chaeyoung sat on the side of her bed, still half asleep as she tries to ponder what happened yesterday. What happened was daunting and still fresh in her mind. Was it just déjà vu? “No. it couldn’t be.” She thought. It was all too real. Chaeyoung found herself staring at the wooden planks of her bedroom; still trying her best to digest what happened the day prior. The room was gradually getting filled with silence and rattled thoughts with every minut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter