Rose Colored

Clarity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ROSE COLORED

 

It was the first day of Highschool at JYP high. The sun had raised clear and warm, the sweet breeze of spring wind was blowing in different directions, sun rays stained the halls bright orange, banners with greetings were flown, petals from the beauteous sakura trees fell, and the beautiful melody of the birds chirped and muted the sounds of hundreds of students flowing like a roaring river through the gates of JYP High. It was a day full of rose colored dreams, adventure, and curiosity.

 

*April 6th: opening of the school year. I’m not sure how I feel about this day…* Chaeyoung thought to herself while waiting at the front gates of JYPH, nervous. Her thoughts had already flown past the atmosphere when she heard a shout, snapping her from her riddled thoughts.            

 

“CHAEYOUNGIEEEEEE!!!”

 

A very familiar voice echoed through the loudness of the crowd. It was her childhood friend -Kim Dahyun.

 

“Wow! Look at all these people!” Shouted the overly confident and boisterous Dahyun. “So this is what being a highschool student feels like”. Whispered the young lady while carrying a big smile.

 

“Can you at least try to be more...I don’t know, quiet? Just for 10 minutes?” Chaeyoung uttered with an embarrassed look on her face.

 

“I can’t help it, Chaeng. I’m too excited. Besides, it’s the first day of the school year. Why don’t you live a little for once? I didn’t know you were so masochistic.”

 

“Ohhhh so you’re saying my life is boring; is that it, Dubu?”

 

“I didn’t say that, you brought that one in yourself. But you know Chaeng, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you interested in sports, academics or… dare I say it- romance.”             

 

“I AM interested, Dubu… I just fail when I try.”

 

“Aww cheer up cat lady, WE’RE IN HIGHSCHOOL, anything can happen.” Said Dahyun while walking backwards and extending her arms in the air forming a “Y” shape. “Anything can happen! Besides, you’re a smart, innocent and beautiful girl. It won’t be hard to find you a boyfriend.”

 

“Yeah, whatever Dubu. Just look where you’re going will you? You’re going to bump into someone if you keep walking like that. Or worse. You’re killing me.” Answered Chaeyoung whose face was as red as a cherry.

 

*Cheeky tofu.* Chaeyoung glanced once again at the person beside her *Kim Da-Hyun, my old friend, pale as snow and has a smile that reaches both ears. Besides smiling all the time, she sometimes speaks random French. Weird.*

 

“Oh look, JBH 206! It’s our classroom for our first class!” shouted Dahyun before opening the door and entering without waiting for her friend.

 

“Aren’t you a little too excited?” Chaeyoung said to her friend with a concerned look on her face.

 

“hurr durr.” Teased Dahyun who sat in the empty desk in front of her.

 

It was a nice and cozy, air conditioned, well-kept room. So far, only 17 people were occupying the seats. Dahyun was busy preparing her stuff and placing them at her desk while the rest of the class was busy getting to know each other. Chaeyoung sat still in her desk without moving a single muscle.

 

*I feel sick* Chaeyoung whispered as she touched her neck, checking her temperature.

 

“AYO! Hello there young lady!” said a tall, unfamiliar girl who has short hair, startling the small bean. “What’s your name?”

 

“Uhmm… hello?” Chaeyoung replied awkwardly.

 

*Who is this girl? How can someone look masculine and beautiful at the same time?* Chaeyoung thought.

 

The tall-short-haired lady smiled. “Oh, where the heck are my manners, my name is Yoo Jung-Yeon. You can call me Jeongyeon. Nice to meet you.” She extended her arm to Chaeyoung with her hand forming a fist.

 

Chaeyoung fixated her eyes at Jeongyeon’s fist; looking confused.

 

“Well c’mon, bump it!” Jeongyeon said as Chaeyoung extended her fist and bumped her newfound friend’s fist. “You’re my friend now. Can we grab some lunch together later? Nayeon over there was just telling me about her mom making good strawberry cakes.”

 

“O-kay. Sure, why not.” Chaeyoung replied and gave Jeongyeon a smile.

 

“You know, you still haven’t told me your name yet.”

 

“Oh, right. My name is-" As the small bean was about to introduce herself, she was interrupted by a lady who entered their room. She was sporting a contagious smile and was oozing charisma and confidence, gorgeous chubby cheeks, big rounded beautiful eyes, long luscious hair, and a smile that captivated the hearts of the students inside 206.

 

*Woah. She’s stunning. Is she a model or something?* Chaeyoung thought to herself while staring at the stunning young lady in front of the class.

 

“GOOD MORNING FRESHMEN! My name is Park Jihyo, I’m the student council President. It’s a great privilege to welcome you to JYP High. We hope that your experience here will be filled with wonder. We have lots of activities prepared just for you! If anyone has questions regarding the school, feel free to ask me! I’m open arms! That is all. Thank you all so much!”

 

The student council president left the room gracefully; leaving it dead silent.

 

“WOAAAAAH she’s so beautiful!” Dahyun said overwhelmingly, “I bet she’s an Idol or something! I’ve always wanted to be an Idol…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter