Sunshine

Clarity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  SUNSHINE

 

“Beep… beep… beep…” Chaeyoung woke up from her deep sleep from the sound of her alarm clock beeping. After a few minutes of thrashing and turning her body back and forth, Chaeyoung finally stood up from her bed. “Owww. My head” Chaeyoung placed her hand on her head and groaned; turning the alarm off. “So, I can see the future through dreams now? What’s next, rainbows and unicorns?”. Chaeyoung went over her desk, grabbing a pen and a small notebook. “There. This should help me remember.”

 

“Umma! Have you seen my umbrella?” Chaeyoung’s brother, who was at the living room playing games, noticed his big sis at the closet, looking for something. “Oh, Noona, Mom and dad said they’re going out for a while and won’t be back until tomorrow noon. What’re you looking for?” he asked.

 

“Oh, you’re up already?”

 

“haven’t slept yet.”

 

“Geez. I’m looking for my umbrella; Have you seen it?” Chaeyoung replied while inside the closet, shoving some shoes out of the way.

 

“Ohhh... Mom said she’ll be borrowing it until they get back. What do you need an umbrella for anyway? The forecast said it’ll be sunny.” 

 

"What?!  No no, I need it to rain today." Chaeyoung complained. "Are you serious?" Chaeyoung exited the closet and looked at her brother and fiddled with his hair . 

 

“Here, look!” he replied while showing the daily broadcast from his phone to his big sis. Chaeyoung looked at her brother saying,  “Well… just to be sure.”

 

Chaeyoung checked her watch and saw the time. “Oh shoot, I’m gonna be late!”

 

“Take mine. It’s outside, next to the shoe rack. Take care noona.”

 

Chaeyoung ran as fast as she could, grabbing a piece of toasted bread from the kitchen and out of the house.

 

“There’s food on the table! try not to burn the house down while I’m away! take care!”.

 

 

 

||Monday, 7:00 am. In our first class, our instructor decided to do a surprise test.

Everyone eases out of it… except for Dubu.

Tell her to do a last-minute review before the class starts||

 

 

Chaeyoung arrived at their lecture hall with time to spare. “There’s still time. Great.” She thought. She saw Dahyun across the room, talking to some girl which one might be forgiven for thinking that they’re flirting with each other. “Ah- Dahyun, geez.”

 

“psst! Dubu!” Chaeyoung tried to get the attention of her carefree friend but to no avail. After a few sad attempts to get Dahyun’s attention, the girl she was talking to finally noticed Chaeyoung and pointed her out to Dahyun.

 

“Oh, Chaeng-Chaeng, what’s up?” Chaeyoung grabbed Dahyun’s hand, tilting her head sideways, signaling her that she needed to talk to her.

 

“I’m really sorry for the interruption… Miss… uh…”

 

“Momo. Hirai Momo.” The girl gave Chaeyoung a welcoming smile. “Nice to meet you~”

 

“Talk to you later!” Dahyun gave the lady a playful flying kiss with a smile that reaches both ears. “What’s it about, Chaeng?”

 

“Geez, Dubu, what’s that about? If you’re gonna flirt with someone, atleast make it less obvious. Who was that anyway?” Chaeyoung said with a noticeable sassy voice and with a slight rolling of the eyes.

 

“Just a co-club member.” Dahyun noticed the concern in Chaeyoung’s eyes and her face turned serious, grabbing Chaeyoung’s hand with one hand, bending over and slowly pulling it near her lips. “Why Chaeng… are you perhaps… Jealous?”

 

“Dahyun, what are you doing?”
 

“Flirting with you, duh.”

 

Chaeyoung pulled her hand out and wiped her forehand in her skirt. “What? What did you smoke this morning, Dubu?”

 

“You’re no fun at all, Chaeng. Say, what’s so important that you had to interrupt my… work?”

 

“There might be a test this morning. A hard one. Not one that you can just skim right through. I suggest you study for it… somehow.”

 

Dahyun noded her head and raised her fist, “Yes, Umma! I’ll be a good girl and eat my veggies too!”

 

After a few seconds of silence, Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung and noticed her poker face.

 

“Oh, you’re serious. Okay then.” With a look of disappointment, Dahyun went to her desk and buried her face on a textbook. After a few minutes, their instructor entered the lecture hall and announced the test that they’ll be taking. Chaeyoung looked over at Dahyun only to find her already looking at her, with eyes that screams “how”. Chaeyoung mumbled… “You’re welcome, Dubu.”

 

 

 

 

The test was over, and their instructor dismissed the class. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter