009

W: Two World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun,"

The voice, it sounded so close yet so far from him. Where it was as if he was listening to his own voice that echoed to the wall—filling up the empty space of the cage with his soft but deafening voice which sent nothing but a jolt of electric shock to flow in his veins. Sehun could feel his body was floating and the moment when his eyes shot open, he was greeted by the sight of a blinding white room. Just a moment ago he was talking to Kai, telling him he was not going to do whatever the other had asked him to yet here he was, trapped in the room of nowhere and not a single wall was seen visible to his eyes. It was a white, spacious room that caused his mind to wonder why he was there out of the blue and why he was trapped in the middle of nowhere all alone. 

"Sehun, you're not alone." 

As if reading his mind, the voice sounded concerned and this time it was so much closer to him. It was like someone was whispering something into his ears but then no one was in sight instead it was only him floating in the mid air. At the same time, Sehun could feel he was drowning yet he was not out of breath and the only thing that conquered his mind now was only confusion which he could not really process anything that was going on at the moment. He took a deep breath before he made himself speak to him. 

"Who are you?" Sehun asked in curiosity with his eyes staring into nothingness but his mind just could not stop thinking. Into the blank space, his mind was drowning in with questions after questions resurfaced and the answer was none. A hope that grew in his chest was only a hope that he knew might soon falter even before he heard the other replied him. 

"We were born with the same soul but the body, reborn to be one but never the same." 

A cryptic answer that caused him to frown and closed his eyes before he threw in another question. The statement confounded his mind where he could see the knots were getting even harder to untie and it was not an answer the other was giving him. "I don't understand what you're saying."

"Shixun and Sehun, two different personalities and a different person came from different planets."

"Shixun," Sehun breathed and suddenly he felt choked up listening to his own voice and his mind suddenly went blank at the mention of Shixun. "Where am I?" He managed to probe further even when he could feel there were tears running down his temple. It just fell without reasons and the beads of sweat beginning to form on his skin. He felt hot and burning, the white room he was in seemed to be heat up and the seemingly high temperature was making his heart to skip a beat. "And where are you? You should show yourself."

"You're trapped in between a dream and a reality." The voice was still so soft, ignoring his query but he could hear him smirking even though he could not see him. "We're about to die, Sehun."

"We?" In each second that ticked, everything was getting harder and harder to comprehend and the pieces of puzzle were getting a lot smaller to which he did not think he could solve it anytime sooner. Not when people kept on throwing him ambiguous phrases. Maybe they should rephrase everything they had been saying that he did not have to feel this dumb to solve the mystery. "I need to go. I need to see Kai." 

"Go." 

It was not just a word, it was a command coming from someone invisible but he still needed an answer to everything the other had spilled. The way he spoke, his utterances, none was helping and he felt sick. He needed to see Kai and left the room. "Let me go." 

"Close your eyes and let's escape from your dream. It's time to face the reality, Sehun. It's time for you to reborn and it's time for us to revive." 

With that Sehun closed his eyes with the questions still swam in the sea of his mind but he needed to escape from this white room. No matter what, he needed not another mystery to solve. All he needed was a peaceful mind and soul. 

 

 

 

 

"It's time for us to revive." 

The words were still fresh in his mind and it was still full of wonder Sehun wanted so badly to forget whatever he'd dreamed but it was not as easy. He looked at Irene who was waiting for his replies but he just could not form a sentence to which he hung his head low before he walked towards the door—thinking of letting it slip but Irene would not give him a chance when she caught him by his wrist, stopping Sehun from stepping out of the room. 

"Why did you choose to be him? Do you think things would be easy for you after this?" Irene could see the hesitation in Sehun's eyes and she knew things he did not yet she wanted him to speak. If Sehun chose to be Shixun, he must be ready to face the consequences that might happen soon. Although everything might seem simple to her but it was the other way around for Sehun for things had been so complicated and there was still a long way for him to perceive the situation he was in.

"It's for their happiness." That was what came from Sehun's mouth as a reply that caused Irene to scoff and let go off his wrist. He stared at her with bits of regret forming under his chest, feeling trapped and caged by his own decision. He knew this could be the wrong decision he'd taken but there was no other way for him to make Kai happy. Maybe, to him, this was the only way to bring back the tanned guy's happiness. 

"If you think this could bring them happiness, you're wrong." With that, Irene her heels—getting ready to leave. If she stayed, she might be spilling things she should not and that Sehun might lose to himself before the fight for his journey even started. "If this was the right choice you'd made then, welcome to EXO planet, Sehun. And I as a Deonist can already sense that another world war is going to begin soon. So, farewell for now."

Sehun wanted so badly to break down when Irene took steps, leaving him alone and cried his lung out but the choice had already been made and he could not turn back the time. If only Kai did not do the request, if only he were Sehun from the past, if only he did not come to this world and if only he did not wish to be one of the characters, things would not be this difficult for him. Tears were then pooling in his eyes as he felt breathless with the lump that slowly grew in his throat and he was about to fall on his knees when there was a pair of arms wrapped around his body, preventing him from falling. 

And Sehun cried his heart out for the pain was unbearable for him and he wished for it to stop growing under his skin but it's just not going to happen. 

"Oh dear, what happened? Why did you cry?" 

The deep voice, Sehun knew all too well to whom it belonge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter