Chapter 4

Hay mistake

SOLAR

 

She took her time, letting the water wash away the uncomfortable encounter with that girl. 

 

I don’t want to socialize, I just want to lay in bed, and forget about today…. too bad I have no choice

 

She expertly applied her make up, going for a natural look, accompanied by her hair falling in soft wavy cascades. She grabbed a white button up and a navy blue pencil skirt, not thinking too much about her choices. 

 

Before leaving her dressing room, she glanced at her reflection once more… Sigh

 

Yong descended the stairs leading to the main hall slowly as if trying to delay the inevitable encounter. Voices started to sound more clearly as she approached the lounge room.

 

“Oh, there she is. This is my daughter” Her father got up from the leather sofa and signaled to approach their guests “Kim Yong Sun”

 

She bowed politely and added an “It’s a pleasure to meet you” with a dashing smile

 

Today’s guests where an old man, who turned out to be the CEO of a tv station, and his son, a handsome young man around her age. He was a bit taller than her and dressed impeccably, with a beautiful suit paired up with a black button up.

 

“Let’s have dinner and talk” her father said, quickly moving to the other room.

 

 

She absently played with her food, pushing it with her fork, while spacing out as much as she could, just to be able to not run back to her bedroom. Suddenly she looked up to find the young man, Park Kwang Suk, was staring at her and wasn’t even bothering about not making it obvious. He directed him a polite smile and asked for more wine.

 

I’m gonna drink until we’re done she thought as she grabbed her glass and stared the velvety liquid before downing half of it.

 

“So…” Kwongsuk started “Since our parents are pretty entertained with their conversation why don’t you tell me a bit about yourself” He smiled at her in a charming way

 

“I actually am very boring. Not much to tell” she joked

 

“I’m sure a beautiful woman like you has stories to tell. Do you have a boyfriend?” 

 

Ugh, here we go again. Man… so damn predictable

 

“No, I’m not in a relationship at the moment” 

 

“Really? Then you have to have lunch with me” he responded quickly. She guessed that other women found him very attractive, with his sharp jaw, white smile, and his rich vibe. If only he knew, hah

 

“I’m s-“ she was cut off by his dad, bluntly butting in the conversation

 

“Oh, yes! Pick her up on Friday, she will be more than pleased to go out with you”

 

“Dad!” She was about to discuss that statement when his parent cut her off using his coldest look, one that clearly told her which was her place, which allowed no discussion. “Yes, I would like that” she said in a very small voice “ If you would excuse me” she got up, and strutted to her room.

 

Yonsun let herself fall on top of her bed, and stared at her ceiling just wondering how different would her life be if she wasn’t a rich girl with no power whatsoever about her life. As she imagined another life, silent tears started to fall.

 

 

 

 

 

MOONBYUL

 

She stared at the ceiling of her room. Many years ago she had decided to use fluorescent paint and randomly stain the surface to emulate a starry sky. 

 

Why did that girl behave like that? I’ve never talked to her, but I thought, since we have a similar age, she would be… normal, not like the people there with sticks up their asses.

 

She huffed in frustration and buried her face into a pillow. Byul’s phone started to buzz, “Rooftop, 5 minutes”. She lazily smiled and quickly got up.

 

Byul ran to the rooftop to their apartment, where she was already waiting.  Jung Sun-Hi was sitting cross-legged, her back resting on a wall. Her hair looked like gold with the moonlight, her pale features looking softer.

 

“Moonbyul, you’re late by one minute” she chastised her with a playful smile

 

“Sorry, someone put a very tight schedule to meet here” 

 

“I’m a bit impatient” she pouted

 

“Is that so” Byul approached Sun-hi, who now was standing up, both staring daringly the other girl until the blonde took a step forward, grabbed Byul’s shirt and pulled her in for a kiss.

 

 

 

A/N: Hi ^^ I'm sorry for being a bit late for an update. I forgot my charger and I haven't been able to use my computer. Since I still am having issues with my battery life, I'm gonna upload this short chapter. Sorry once again, and thanks for reading it. See you in the comments~