Chapter 3

Hay mistake

SOLAR

 

Her teacher told her the last class that he was retiring to ‘enjoy his golden age’ or something like that. Well, at least I will get someone less boring.

 

She waited in the training enclosure, using wisely her time to test Aeris obedience. Frustration started to make her feel annoyed, he was too pigheaded. “You’re not Spirit, you have to bend your will sometimes, you know? I’ll give you more carrots and apples. Please, do this for me” she tried pleading in any way possible but to no avail, he would not obey any voice command.

 

Steps crunched their way into the path leading to the track. A girl that she recognized from seeing her working in the stables approached her. She was wearing cream riding pants and a grey polo, her hair tied up in a ponytail. She had noticed her the first time because she seemed to be around her age and she was kinda cute,  with a hamster-like kind of face but oddly enough she had a very slim figure. The thing Yong had noticed was that she seemed to have a special way with the horses, like a natural bond, that she sometimes envied. Maybe she’s gonna tell me that the new teacher is late

 

Yongsun was ashamed thinking that she had never said anything to the girl. It was like a non-spoken hierarchy thing, riders usually didn’t befriend the stable staff. 

 

Her thoughts were cut-off short by an awkward clear of throat followed by a “Hello, I’m the substitute for your previous teacher”

 

“Ha. Very funny. Is he late?” Young looked around as if trying to find someone else.

 

The other girl looked confused. “I’m here. Should we start de class?”

 

“This must be a mistake”, she said flustered, “He was a champion and I suppose you have never entered a competition” she raised defiantly her brow. “My parents are one of the best clients of these stables, and I expect nothing less than an experienced teacher” she finished off.

 

The other girl just sighed heavily before replying “My name is Moon Byul E. I’ve been training with horses for 5 years and I’ve entered competitions of dome and jumping, …. I’ve won them all, I don’t need to brag about my trophies for you to validate me” she paused “If you want, I’m more than willing to forget this awkward moment and be your teacher. If you still have objections, you’re free to talk with the owner. I’m sure he will be more than glad to answer any request you have…. So, what’s going to be?”

 

 

 

 

MOONBYUL

 

She was nervous, she had never had the opportunity to teach, and no other than Kim Yong Sun, the richest girl in the city. Byul had seen her in many times at the stables, spending some time with her horse, pretending that he could understand everything she was telling him.

 

Aeris had called her attention the day he arrived, almost 2 years ago. He was a beautiful golden colt that had couldn’t contain all the excitement in his young body, just wanting to make friends and have fun. 

Also, his name was the best one by far, a reference to Greek mythology, Aeris was one of the horses of the sun god Helios, that helped him carry the sun through the sky. I mean it doesn't’ more badass than that.

 

As she approached the enclosure, she cursed herself internally, It’s your first day and you’re already late. Kim Yong Sun was already mounted and seemed concentrated in some kind of exercise, that by the looks of it, it wasn’t going as she had expected. 

Even like that, she couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she was, with her raven hair sorted in a beautifully braided hairdo that encased her slightly round face and her astonishing riding clothes that made her own look like they were bought at Target.

 

She cleared awkwardly as if trying to sound more mature, but nothing authoritative came out, just a simple introduction. The girl didn’t seem to believe someone like her could teach her. She couldn’t say she wasn’t surprised, here she had been treated like a servant, looked down upon by most people. She recollected herself, calmly and coldly and responded.

 

“If you want, I’m more than willing to forget this awkward moment and be your teacher. If you still have objections, you’re free to talk with the owner. I’m sure he will be more than glad to answer any request you have…. So, what’s going to be?”

 

The other girl couldn’t be more flushed, with slightly open, as a fish gasping for air after landing abruptly on land. Byul would be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy it. Yongsun seemed to make up her mind because she restarted her exercise with a “Trot”. Unfortunately for Yongsun, Aeris wasn’t having it, instead he approached her and started nuzzling her in search for some treats.

 

“You’re a smart boy, here you go” Byul dug into her pockets until she found some sugar cubes she saved to bribe the most difficult horses to get them into the enclosures. “Try again” she said without making eye contact with the rider

“Trot” Yongsun said, slightly annoyed. Aeris responded, starting a light trot. When they reached the far-off corner she said the next command “Go sideways” immediately going diagonally. “Stop” 

Aeris once again didn’t listen and decided it was the right moment to gallop around. She snickered a bit listening to Yongsun trying to convince her horse to stop.

 

Okay, now it’s my turn. Byul put herself in the trajectory of the horse, who was quickly approaching her, much to the panic of the rider and calmly said “Stop” while raising slightly a hand. He stopped while focusing all his attention on her, as if waiting for the next order.

 

“How…how did you..” the brunette seemed confused but brushed it off with a “Class is over” while dismounting the horse and rushing out.

 

“Spoiled brat”

 

 

 

 

SOLAR

 

She stormed into Kim Do Hoon’s office like she was the one who owned the place “I demand a new teacher”

 

“Miss Youngsun. Do you want to grab a seat?” he gestured the empty chairs set in front of his desk, where he was currently seated at, still focused intently on the screen of his computer.

 

Her manners took control. seating neatly in one of them “I want another teacher, immediately”

 

“You ended the class early” he said, checking his wristwatch “Why is that so?”

 

“My new teacher… I don’t want her” she crossed her arms annoyed

 

“Why?” 

 

“She… she’s not fit for the job”

 

“I know that your family is rich but when it comes to this facilities, I am the one who makes the decisions. She’s more than fit to teach you and any other rider. Yes, she’s inexperienced as a teacher, but Moon Byul E could beat in any competition most of the people here if she spent more time training, but she isn’t interested in winning, she just …” he softened his expression “loves horses.”

 

“B-but…” she stuttered

 

“Next time, let her do her job” he glued again his eyes to the computer, effectively shutting-off any debate

 

She stomped her way out of the office, making clear she was not pleased with the result.

 

 

 

“Hello mother. Hello father” She greeted her parents when she got into the building they lived in, the most expensive in the whole state probably. It was a three stage building with a front yard and a backyard. The most remarkable aspect was that they had a pool, a cinema and a pool table, where guests loved to play at the end of the night.

 

“Yong” her mother called out “Please come here” her mom was wearing her office attire, a tailored suit that highlighted every of her assets and matched her jet black hair. Yes, anyone would call her astonishing “Oh, honey, you still smell like a stableboy” she said scrunching her nose. 

Her father came in, and he put on the same expression “I thought my princess had arrived, but I think a beggar just took her place” He was wearing a dark button-up with some dressing pants, looking stern as ever

 

“Sorry, I didn’t have the chance to shower there” 

 

“Go and shower, we have guests today” he replied

 

Home sweet home

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks for reading this chapter and bearing with me. The begining is a bit slower than I planned, but where getting there. Oh, and thanks for your comments, they always make my day ^^