1 (FIN)

Double Date

If anyone ever told Kyungsoo he’d be going on a double date with his perky best friend Byun Baekhyun, his past self would claim you were not only off your rocker, but you’d also need to receive immediate help. Yet here he was getting dragged forcefully into a clothing shop by the 25 year old who claimed “You’re not gonna impress someone with those rags.”

The scoff that bubbled up in his throat cuts through the silent air. The atmosphere of the store gave off a warm and inviting feeling. Kyungsoo hated it. As if the stores weren’t already stealing your money, they just had to improve the atmosphere.

“Ahh it’s just the economy adding to people’s profit I suppose.” He mumbled to himself causing Baekhyun to glance in a confused manner in his direction. He waved him off following along with whatever the older did, because “Jisoos knows your fashion sense is as careless as Jinyoung, and he even said he prefers simple and comfortable clothing.” Every time Kyungsoo would reject a perfect outfit, Baekhyun groaned and repeated the statement.

After 20 minutes of the repeated process, they’d finally come to a compromise. A simple creme colored sweater (thats size was a little larger so it resulted in sweater paws), black jeans, his hair pulled under a simple black beanie swept to the right, and a pair of black and white sneakers.

While they strolled and talked casually, Baekhyuns eyes widened as he gravitated towards a man that was way louder than the store needed. His enthusiasm intrigued Kyungsoo, especially after Baekhyun had placed a chaste kiss to his lips.

“Jung Daehyun. So that’s who he always squeals around about.” Kyungsoo snorts to himself. If he had a nickel for every time Baekhyun had fanboyed about his boyfriend, he’d be beyond rich.

He pushed through multiple racks of clothes until he found an oversized black sweater that’s red handwriting read “may the bridges I burn light the way”. Perfect style in his eyes. His hand reached to grab it, that was until an oversized hand gripped his and the shirt.

He looked up to see a tall male with vibrant red hair and unnaturally large ears. His awkward stance was enough to make Kyungsoo aww at the sight, but the latters attractive looks silenced him.

“Now this wouldnt possibly fit you.” His deep velvety voice sounded like a melody in Kyungsoo’s ears. “What would you do with this?”

Kyungsoo hummed as if he was thinking before looking up at his eyes to say, “I suppose sweater paws were something people say suit me. Do they not seem like it?”

“Quite an interesting phrase a tiny little thing like you would wear.”

Kyungsoo scoffed, “Tiny?”

“Well, what I meant was, your not freakishly tall as I am, so the contradictions would be ironic.” His deep laughter made him seem more adorable then before.

“You see, that’s where you’re wrong. Contradictions would be of no existence of I wore that sweater there.” Kyungsoo smirked.

“And why is that?” The giant prodded.

“Because Do Kyungsoo is known as Satansoo. You see, people often say I give off that vibe. Creative friends I have.” He muttered the last sentence.

“Ah okay. But Satansoo? I, Park Chanyeol, sees a very squishy person. I’ll call you Squishysoo instead. Is that creative?”

“Well Chanyeol,” he said testing how the name sounded on his tongue. Chanyeol wouldn’t admit it, but he likes how Kyungsoo said his name. “I guess that is quite creative, but call me Squishysoo and I’ll break your damn arm.”

“Feisty, are we? I see why Satansoo is a nickname.” A deep chuckled like music to Kyungsoo’s ears.

“Feisty indeed.” Kyungsoo laughed along. “Tell you what, you can have the sweater.” His iconic heart shaped smile broke out in his face. He glanced down and felt the warmth engulfing his hand again.

And maybe keep holding my hand.’ He said to himself. He knew it was stupid, but the feeling at the pit of his stomach and lightness in his chest when he thought about the large hand keeping his securely wrapped around his and the hanger.

Chanyeol looked into his deep brown orbs and then glanced at the sweater, interlocking their fingers to see the crimson spread on the smallers face.

“Can I now? I guess I have to give you something in return.” He smiled mischeviously.

“Oh, something in return?”

“You see, I have a specific number that I dont usually give out, yet you seem to deserve it.” He winked and pulled a paper out of his pocket and scribbled his phone number on it quickly. “Listen, I’ve gotta go. Promise you’ll call?”

“Promise. Just don’t make my contact name Squishysoo, okay?” They both shared a laugh and a last glance before turning to go their respective ways.

Baekhyun came skipping over and telling Kyungsoo they needed to hurry because Daehyun said they’d be having their date in less than 3 hours and he’d never be ready by that time.

As he walked into his own room, he reached out his phone and added ‘Giant Yoda’

                                                                         
Squishysoo: heyooo Yoda

Giant Yoda: just for that your name is Squishysoo

Squishysoo: you’re so complicated now I have to break your arm

Giant Yoda: damn, and to think… I liked my arm

Squishysoo: sarcasm. I can smell it

Giant Yoda: whatever xD, I’ve gotta go again baiiiiii

Squishysoo: bye, I’ve gotta go too

He threw on his sweater and jeans. Baekhyun rushed into his room and stated rushing him to hurry up. He grabbed the beanie and covered Kyungsoo's eyes and began tying his shoes for him.

"Come on Soo. We have 30 minutes!" Baekhyun whined.

"Then you come fix my hair that you messed up!" Kyungsoo whined back. Baekhyun smiled shyly and said a quick sorry. Their noses were filled with the smell of berries that emitted from the hair spray Baekhyun just so happened to have hidden in Kyungsoo's drawer.

"Ironic" Kyungsoo mumbled. Of course Baekhyun would have that hidden. He's always trying to get Kyungsoo to subtly take better care of his appearance. Its either be two different hair brushes next to each other or he'd buy him new cologne, forcing him to wear it.

"All done. Are you happy now?" Baekhyun peevishly asked. When Kyungsoo nodded, he said "Good, because we've got to head out now or we'll be late."

Kyungsoo's feet drug on the cement ground as he pushed his body to sit in the car. His back slumped and a pout set on his face. He would prefer to be out with Chanyeol, as crazy as it sounded. They had just met a few hours ago, yet he was already taking up space in Kyungsoos mind.

Then his mind wondered 'What did he have to rush off to so suddenly?' Possibilities rushed throughout his mind. The zooming thoughts in his mind were disrupted when Baekhyun snapped his fingers and said something along the lines of them arriving.

"Hold on, don't get out. Daehyun just texted me and said they're coming to get us from the car." Kyungsoo nodded and called back the pout. He didn't want to have to hurt someone's feelings, but he also didn't want to waste his time. He wanted Chanyeol, not some stranger Daehyun thought would be okay for him.

A knock on his window made him jump. He couldn't see a face, though he saw the familiar red phrase hidden under a shiny black leather jacket.

"No ing way." Him and Chanyeol said in unison when he stepped out the car.

"Is there a problem?" Daehyun asked worriedly. He didn't know Kyungsoo, but from what he's been told, him and Chanyeol seemed like a good match.

"Yoda?" Kyungsoo asked absent mindedly.

"Squishysoo?" Chanyeol joked, knowing it'd most likely piss off the younger.

"God dammit, I didn't want to break your arm, but now I have to." Kyungsoo joked.

Chanyeol trapped him in his arms with a smile and whispered, "I'm glad it's you. And if you break my arms, how will I do this?"

Kyungsoo blushes and wrapped his around his neck shyly and said, "I'm glad it's you too. About the arm thing, don't think your off the hook." His smile radiating shyness and partial relief.

Daehyun and Baekhyun stood by the car, confused, yes, but also happy for their friends.