Part 5.

Toss Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stepping into the stadium, Nayeon looked for her teammates that were seen picking up rubbish from where the audience had sat before. The several players that saw her waved and smiled at her which she returned as she made her way to report to the coach.

 

“So, how’s your mom? She alright?” The coach spoke after seeing Nayeon approaching him.

 

“She’s fine, how did the team fair?” Her mom is least of her concerns right now. As much as she wanted affection from her mom, she also wanted to shove the money that her mom was so proud off in her face. If her mom thinks that money was everything, maybe that money could save her life.

 

The coach held up two fingers, “the kids are throwing a party again, at Jeongyeon’s house, attend it and spoil their fun by telling them to come back for training tomorrow.” The smile that the captain received was a mysterious looking one. Something she was very familiar with. “Oh, and before I forget, Momo wants to quit the team.”

 

Millions of thoughts ran through Nayeon’s head. Why did Momo want to quit? Was it because of the discrimination the team has against non-players? Did Yoo Jeongyeon tell her something? Despite the thoughts, Nayeon chooses to stay silent. She resisted the urge to pester Momo for a reason. It wasn’t as though Momo was important to the team anyways.

 

-

 

“How come the bottle never points to Tzuyu or Chaeyoung?” Nayeon whined as she picked up the empty alcohol bottle and sluggishly pointed it to Tzuyu. “Truth or dare?”

 

“Ayy, this doesn’t count.” Tzuyu lightly pushed Nayeon’s hand down, however, the said hand sprang back into position, forcing an answer out of the younger. Tzuyu sighed, giving in to the older, saying ‘truth’ as her choice.

 

“Ask her the question,” Nayeon dropped the bottle on the table, accomplishing her task as she looked towards Sana.

 

“Are you and Chaeyoung dating?” Everybody leaned their bodies forward, with their wallets in their hands.

 

Tzuyu was left overwhelmed by the number of faces staring at her including Chaeyoung’s which she could only stare back at. Their eyes communication words that only the both of them could understand.

 

“I’m telling you they are dating, look at the way they stare at each other.”

 

“They are best friends, I can talk to my best with my eyes. They are doing the same thing.”

 

“I agree, they hardly show affection to each other.”

 

“They are probably doing those in private, unlike you.”

 

Tzuyu kept her eyes on the shy Chaeyoung who was covering her face by now. “Uhh, yes.” She reaches for the bottle to spin it and it landed on Jeongyeon.

 

“Truth.” Jeongyeon made her decision and reached for the chips bowl in front of her.

 

Before the rest could even discuss, Nayeon took the chance and questioned the vice-captain. “What did you tell Momo when I was gone?” The slur in her voice was no longer there as every word came out clear and sharp.

 

Momo was left puzzled. Jeongyeon didn’t tell her anything. The only time they interacted was during the game. “Jeongyeon didn’t tell me anything.” She whispered to the captain beside her, hoping to rid any misunderstandings but Nayeon was stubborn. She had ignored Momo and directed the question again to the person in front of her.

 

Tension within the group was about to hit the roof. Everyone was shifting their eyes between the trio with fear in their eyes. Nayeon has a strong aura radiating from her and so did Jeongyeon. When two hard objects clash, something is bound to happen. Everyone except the two fled the scene in fear for their lives and even Mina and Momo who was really hesitant, left with the excuse of getting themselves a drink.

 

“We barely even talked.”

 

“I god damn bloody well know you told her something, she wouldn’t leave the team for no reason.” Nayeon was on the verge of losing her cool.

 

“Then ask her for the reason, not me!”

 

“Why should I hear something that you said, from ?”

 

There it was, Jeongyeon snapped. She could not believe that her best friend is questioning her about some newbie who isn’t supposed to be part of the team. It wasn’t just any normal questioning, she was accusing her best friend of something this small.

 

“Because I never said anything! If she wants to leave, she doesn’t need a reason to! Besides, her leaving would just be better for me, more of you to myself.”

 

The group who gathered at the table behind the captains suddenly went silent. The wires in their head connected as they looked at each other in shock. They were mumbling among themselves as their voices were being masked by the loud booming music in the background. The captains were too ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter