Goodnight, Little Maknae

Bedtime With EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
| Sweet Dreams, Our Sehunnie


Sehun sniffled alone in his room as he cried.

s had all gathered outside his door.

"What should we do? He's been crying for a couple days now, every night..." Kai stated in concern, staring at the door with his arms crossed.

"There isn't much we can do for him. ...Our members... they left... That's something we all have to bear... in our own way." Kyungsoo added solemnly, patting Kai's back and supportively grasping Baekhyun's shoulder.

Chanyeol gazed at Baekhyun. Seeing him nearly in tears broke Chanyeol's heart. He reached over and tenderly placed his hand on the nape of Baekhyun's neck, trying to alleviate some of the burdens from his love.

Baekhyun gave a small smile in thanks to Chanyeol before responding, "Is there anything else that we haven't tried? It'll take him longer to heal if we leave him alone."

"...He worries so much about all of us. I'm sure he's been thinking what to say and do for us, too." Xiumin spoke, feeling the pain in his heart out of guilt while shouldering EXO's tension to the best of his abilities. Being the eldest in the group, he felt responsible to care for his younger brothers. It also saddened him and hurt him to see their youngest brother crying over his hyungs. He wished he could take all of his younger brothers' tears away.

Suho stood, deep in thought, resting the tips of his fingers on his lips. His face lit up a little, catching everyone's attention. "There is something we haven't tried for our dear maknae... Something only hyungs can do." He smiled with a soft laugh, "It's easy to forget sometimes that he's so young... Just follow my lead."

Upon seeing everyone nod, Suho took a step forward. He took a deep breath before knocking lightly on the door. "...Sehun?" Suho called out sweetly, "May we come in?"

They all heard the sniffling pause only for a few seconds before hearing a small voice answer back briefly, "...Hm."

Suho cracked the door open to only a sliver and peeked inside. He sadly glanced at the hill laying on top of a bed in the corner that was buried in blankets, shaking slightly, before walking in.

The members followed, shuffling into the small room.

Everyone took their places.

Suho sat at the edge of the bed, placing a hand on the sniffling mound of blankets.

Kai carefully climbed on the bed to sit behind his best friend. He too placed a hand on Sehun, shaking him a little to feel his comfort. He felt a blanketed hand cover his own, squeezing it back with a tiny grip.

Kyungsoo followed suit but chose to sit leaned against the headboard, legs outstretched. Gingerly, he lifted Sehun's head before resting it on his thigh. He soothingly pet Sehun's head in a slow rhythm as he sat quietly. Sehun lightly laid his hand on Kyungsoo's lap to pillow his own head and acknowledge Kyungsoo's kindness.

Chanyeol plopped down on the carpet, back leaned against the bed with Baekhyun nestled between his legs, holding him around his waist. Baekhyun simply squeezed Sehun's ankle, occasionally patting it. Chanyeol lowly called to Sehun. Warmth, love, and utmost care residing in a raspy drawl that could only come from his Chanyeol who treated him as his own little brother, attempting to summon him from out of his cocoon. The end of the blanket roused as Sehun uncurled a bit to move his taken ankle closer to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Sehun's head peeked out, only revealing the top of his fuzzy head and his glistening eyes. Chanyeol gave him a proud smile and Sehun ducked his head in a small nod of thanks.

Xiumin walked over and sat next to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, below Suho. Firmly, he held Sehun's shoulder as he spoke softly, cooing, "It will be okay... It's okay..." Sehun sniffled and nodded again.

Chen, who sat on the floor directly in front of Sehun's face, laid his head on the edge of the bed before dabbing his eyes. Sehun, again, made a tiny noise in response, thanking him, who nodded and continued to lightly wipe away his tears as they escaped. "Don't cry... We all cry when you do..."

Sehun took in a shaky breath, trying to calm himself and slow his tears to a stop ...but they continued to flow. Sehun hid his face in his blankets, pooling them at his eyes.

Lay sighed, resigned. In a couple of slow strides, he placed a glass of water on the bedside table before laying in front of Kai, across his lap. He hugged Sehun, snuggling into him. Kai smiled, seeing Sehun relax into Lay's hug. He adjusted, moving back to lean against the wall to give his hyung room to lay down on the bed for better comfort. Lay patted Kai's knee, assuring him there was more than enough room and thanking him before returning to embrace Sehun.

Suho tried hard to display a small smile on his face, to be the hope of the group. With a sugarcoated tone, Suho willed his voice to be strong despite it wanting to waver from tears he was holding back. "Sehun... Sehunnie...?"

"Hm?"

Suho glanced around at everyone, cueing them in before suggesting his brilliant plan, "How about we tell you a story?"

Chanbaek snickered behind their hand.

Kaisoo and Lay smiled at the suggestion.

Xiuchen let out a small laugh in amusement while shaking their heads.

"...What kind of story?" Sehun asked while his sobs quieted.

Everyone began to shift, getting comfy to listen to Suho's tale.

"There was our planet - EXO Planet - with 12 people living there-"

"There were lots and lots of bubble tea," added Chen with a giggle.

Sehun smiled, holding in his chuckle.

"There was a huge arcade they always played in," Chanyeol offered, tickling Sehun's toes lightly as Baekhyun held his foot down, adding, "One was really very good at shooting basketballs with his broad shoulders..."

Sehun wiggled his toes in their faces in while letting out a small giggle.

"Of course," Suho continued, smiling in thanks to the members. "EXO Planet had everything they loved. It was always bright and happy - everyone laughed and had fun every day. But, one day, Kyungsoo... used his super secret power... He heard the people on Earth needed help!"

Kyungsoo shook his head at the additive to his powers but played along. "Hm," he agreed. "They screamed, 'ahh! Save us! Someone save us!' It was so cold where people are living. They were starting to get sick..." As he trailed off, he nudged his head up, signaling for the next person to add on.

"That's right, so they needed someone to warm their homes and stop the snow storms. So, what did they call for?" Chanyeol spoke softly.

Baekhyun squeezed his hand in comfort as he heard the slight trembling in his voice. He kissed his cheek as a tear fell on his shoulder.

"Fire..." Sehun answered solemnly.

Chanyeol sniffled and laughed sadly, "Correct!" He grinned through his tears, wiping them away as he continued on. "And. I-I couldn't leave, Baek, so K-Kris hyung went to Russia in my place-" He squeezed Baekhyun's hand as his voice cracked - choking on his cry.

Suho reached across Xiumin to ruffle Chanyeol's hair, knowing he was deeply pained by the memory of Kris leaving.

Upon Xiumin following Suho's gaze and act, he saw the glimmer of a tear streak on Chanyeol's cheek. He patted his thigh lightly in comfort.

Chanyeol smiled and squeezed his nose before nodding his appreciation toward his hyungs. When they looked away, he kissed Baekhyun's shoulder before leaning against it to let the tears fall and his pain ease out.

"Russia was then saved by Kris making a huuuge fire- whoosh! All over the country," Xiumin continued with a wave of his arms in a swoop and circle, animating the fire.

"Some people even saw it! They stood outside their homes and smoke was coming from their hair from the blast," Kai added, demonstrating the fumes coming from the top of his head with a wiggling hand and fingers to the air in 'S' shapes.

Sehun turned to peer at Kai's motion after Xiumin's, laughing as he pictured it. He settled back down on Kyungsoo's lap after the trio smiled at one another's kiddish humor.

He gazed up at Kyungsoo who looked back at him in surprise, unprepared for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter