Lifesaver

The Confusing Geometry of Love

School ended pretty soon. Students flocked out of their classrooms and the empty hallway was full of chatters and gossip again. You placed all your necessary things in your locker full of purple and pink stuff and headed towards the gates.

“Jang ~~~~~!” A group of familiar voices called you. You turned around and saw Teen Top waving at you, except for L. Joe. You walked over to them, “Hey guys.”

Once you were in his sight, L. Joe smirked and tapped Chunji on the shoulder. Even though the both of them were always bickering, the two of them eventually got close. “Chunji, I have something to tell you.”

“Yeah, what is it?” Chunji asked. You curiously eavesdropped on their conversation, “Chunji-ah, do you know that Jang ~~~~~ actually li-KWESH RWRUYUH.” Chunji looked behind L. Joe and saw you covering his mouth. You gave Chunji a small smile and leaned into L. Joe's ear, “Shut up or else I'll strangle you tonight in your house.” You hissed and let go of him. You didn't notice his ears turn red.

L. Joe touched his left ear. *Damn, that was...hot. W-Wait, what the hell am I thinking? Jeez.*

He looked at his watch and nodded to the other members of Teen Top, “See you tomorrow.” He gave you a smirk and a small wave before going out the school gates. You crossed your arms and decided to go home, too.

----------

You tapped your pencil on your study table. You kept looking at the chocolate recipe book that your mom gave you this morning. You groaned and banged your head on the hard table. *Jeez, give me a break Mr. Stupid Cupid. I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. Aish.*

You stood up and went downstairs to drink some milk. You scratched your head, there wasn't any milk left inside the refrigerator. You grabbed your wallet and jacket then headed out to the market near your place.

After a while, you bought a few snacks and decided to take a stroll at the park. There wasn't much people there...except for a guy who was holding a guitar. *I wonder who that is.* You thought and sat down on one of the benches, pretending to not notice the guy.

You examined his figure and reminded you of someone. “He reminds me of L.” You thought loudly.

“How did you know my name?” The guy asked and turned around. Your eyes widened, “It is you! What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

L gave you a look. “I should be the one asking you that. Girls shouldn't be in this kind of place at this time.” You ignored him and continued to eat your snack. “Why do you even care?” You muttered but unfortunately for you, he heard.

“Who said that I cared? I just gave you a comment, that's all.” He stood up and looked at you before leaving, “Watch out for drunk guys...well that's a comment.” He muttered and left.

You looked around and saw some drunk guys walking towards your direction. You immediately stood up and chased after L, “Hey, wait for me!” You hollered. He stopped walking and smirked at you, “Don't follow me.” He hissed and walked off. You frowned but followed him anyway.

Soon enough, the drunk guys stopped following you. “Oh, so we live in the same neighborhood. That's good.” You decided to break the silence. No reply. “Hey, let me guess. You're one of those ice-“ He spun around and cut you off with a glare. “Be quiet, will you? I don't like girls who are noisy.” He walked away from you.

“And I don't like boys who are cold and mean like you!” You retorted, frowning. He stopped in his tracks and looked at you with his piercing stare, “I never asked you to say your dislikes about me and I never asked you to follow me anyway.” He gave you a smug smirk.

You frowned, “If that's what you want then go home alone.” You sticked your tongue out at him and walked away...only to be blocked by a e. “Hey hottie.” You gave him a disgusted look and tried to go past him but he wouldn't let you.

“Don't dare come near her, you don't know who you're messing with.” Someone growled behind you. Your turned around, “L!”

Still, the stranger didn't budge and continued to grin at you. L hissed and grabbed your wrist, dragging you with him. “Where's your house?” He asked.

“There.” You pointed at the big house. He walked you to the gate and glared at you, “Next time you go out of your house at this time of the night, at least call someone to accompany you babo, YOU UNDERSTAND?!” L towered over you, “Don't tell anyone about this, it'll be a hit and you wouldn't want girls to hunt you down.” He whispered and walked off.

“Bragger.”

“Chatterbox.” He muttered.

“Lifesaver.” You smirked and went inside your house.

L stopped and watched you enter your house safely. He sighed in relief and shook his head. *That babo, she better call me next time she goes out of the house. Sheesh. ...what am I saying? Urgh, damn it all.*