Chapter 2

Starry Breeze

  I enjoyed holding Chan in my arms. Whenever he fell asleep in my arms it made me feel the most comfort in the world. Chan is the only person that I really cared for in a more special way. I love my little brother so much and he's the one person I could watch all day. 
     Whenever girls would confess that they liked me, I wouldn't really get it to be honest. They probably just saw my looks, the fact I could play music, and the fact that I acted like a "cool guy" I wasn't really acting like a cool guy, I just want to worry about music and doing something with it. I have no interest in making friends right now.
     When I got home I started to put Chan into his bed but he woke up when he didnt feel the contact with me and started whining a bit. 
     "No! Let me stay," he whined over and over again.
I smiled and put him back into my arms.
     There was a picture of him and I on his bedside dresser. I hadn't noticed it was there before. In the picture, I was carrying him and we were both making funny faces to each other. It was a nice picture. When Chan finally fell back asleep I out him into his bed and I gave him one of my teddy bears from when I was a baby. Then I got up and took a picture of the picture frame and made that my wallpaper.
     I walked over to my room, which happened to be conveniently located right next to Chan's so if anything, I was right there. I threw down my bag onto the floor and ploped down onto my bed.
     "My name is Soonyoung, what's yours?" He held out his hand to me. I slowly shook his hand.
     "I'm Jihoon...its nice to meet you...Soonyoung," I said in the most awkward way possible. Why did this guy intimidate me so much?

     I sighed at this thought and I kept replaying the moment in my head. Why was I even thinking about him? He's just a daycare worker that takes care of Chan. And I just met him as well! I need to calm down. I don't know what this foreign feeling was that was growing inside of me but, it's gonna have to stop.
     "Jihoon! It's time for dinner! Bring your brother down as well please!" My mother yelled from downstairs. 
     My mother has somewhat of a difficult time taking care of Chan and I by herself. After dad passed away in a building fire, all the weight of taking care of us was put on her. I saw it, and I felt bad. That's why school and my brother are the only things I do. It helps her out. Music us just my side gig of enjoyment.
     I went to Chan's room, woke him up and held his hand as we went downstairs. My mother was quietly setting up the table. I walked over to her and placed a peck on her cheek. What was with me today? I'm all sentimental. 
     "What's with you today," my mom looked at me skeptically. I'm glad she was thinking the same thing honestly.
     "I don't even know myself Mom..." I sat down at my seat at the table and put Chan on my lap until he had to go on his highchair. 
     Mom's cooking was good as always. We had the normal dinner at our house that usually consisted of Mom talking about her day at work and Chan, the cute little 3 year old he is, talking about his favorite kinds of bugs and which ones he saw today, to much of my amusement, happened to be when he went outside to the playground in daycare.
     Daycare.
Picking up Chan from daycare would be an experience now.