Chapter 3

Starry Breeze

Its been a few weeks and i still couldnt get Soonyoung out of my head.
     "Ah! Jihoon! You're here just on time, once again to get your brother!" Smiles was back at it again. But for some reason, I couldn't get annoyed at his happy attitude. It was starting to get pleasant at this point...
     "Yup," I nodded. "How was he today?"
"A COMPLETE ANGEL LIKE ALWAYS" That yell was unneeded and caused me to flinch. He calmed down and shot me a bright smile, but just then a mother came in to pick up their child and he ran over to them  and carried on with his bright personality.
    I watched him, completely in a trance by the way he did everything. The way he spoke to others, the way he handled the kids, the way his smile never faded. It was great to me. But I still couldn't figure out why.

     Instead of going to lunch today, I went straight to the music room. I'm probably going to be found out somehow and be given detention but, I have a melody in my head and I want to play it.
         Opening up the door to the music room gave me an instant wave of relaxation. This place was my second home. The piano, the gitaur, the drums, everything that called my name when I saw one. They were calling out my name, chanting it almost. It was my time.
     I sat at the piano and stared at it for a second. The source of my joy, was right in front of me. It made me swallow hard and smirk.
    I started to play, my hands led forth the melody.
 
    If you want ooh ooh~
      me
    Yeah if you want ooh ooh~
      me

     Those were the only words I sang along to the sweet melody but, it brought up a nice feeling I hadn't experienced.
     I played the piano until I heard the bell that signaled the end of lunch. I ran out of the room so fast it was like I was running track and I ran straight to the next class I had. 
    Last period was my music class, and I always savored it. The teacher always asked me to play a song, he saved 4 minutes towards the end of class all the time just so I could play. Whenever I did, girls would watch me, their hearts beating out of their chests. The guys on the other hand, wanted to be me so they could impress the girl they were infatuated with.
     When class ended I was in a particularly good mood, so I rushed a little bit more then usual to pick up Chan because I wanted to sing to my brother very badly. 
     When I got to the daycare, they were doing something that involved the kids running around frantically. I would've  expected Soonyoung to have the same smile that he did the first day I saw him but, he actually looked kind of stressed, and I could understand why. 
     The kids were running around, and the whole main room was a mess. Paint was spilled on the floor and the toys all over. Soonyoung was in distress but his face still brightened up when he saw me.
     "Can you...help me out Jihoon? Do you have time to?" He was smiling but he was looking at me with pleading eyes.
     "Sure Soonyoung. What do you need me to do?" I took off my jacket and put it on a hanger along with my backpack and rolled my sleeves up.
     "Can you clean up the floor while I gather up the kids and give them coloring pages?" He already started on putting boxes of crayons onto the tables. I nodded and started picking up the toys and putting them into the correct bins. 
     In a matter of time, the kids were sitting coloring and Soonyoung and I were standing in the small kitchen that was connected with the main room. Soonyoung was standing with his hands on his hips and he was looking down. 
     "Are you going to take Chan now?" He asked while still looking down at the floor.
     I looked over to Chan and watched him color. He was enjoying it so much and I didn't wanna take him while he was in the middle of this.
     "No, I'll let him finish," a smile unknowingly crept  up on my face while I was in the middle of watching him.
     "Is that Jihoon, smiling?" Soonyoung was looking at me smirking. "Jihoon never smiles."
     My face went completely red as Soonoyung kept teasing me. 
     "Don't we need to give the kids snacks?" I tried to change the subject. Soonyoung went to grab the snacks while still smirking at me.
     "Yeah we do," he handed me a tray of cracker and a tray of apples. "Just put one of these on each table."
     After I did so, the mother's started to file in, and soon enough, all the kids were gone.
     "Bubby... I'm sleepy," Chan looked up at me rubbing his eyes.
     "Okay, were gonna be home soon don't worry," I said as I picked him up.
     Soonyoung walked over to me with a small bag in his hand. I looked a him, then the bag, then at him, then back at the bag.
     "What's this for?"
     "For helping me out today, thank you, I really appreciate it." He handed me the bag. I examined the bag for only a second until I noticed Soonyoung had something to say.
     "Could I have your number? Just in case I need help... on the weekends and stuff?" I looked at him, a bit baffled, and holding back my blush.
     "U-uh, sure you can," and I took his phone and quickly entered my number. I gave it back and he went back to the same Soonyoung as always.
     "Thanks! I'll text you tonight... Bubby."