Chapter 4

Starry Breeze

Tucking Chan into bed, I couldn't help but have my mind on what the hell was in that bag that Soonyoung gave me. It just made me so curious. What did he even get me? What would he have known to get me? Did he go snooping in my bag or something like that? I'm probably just overthinking this whole thing.
     I plopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I am NOT gonna open this up now...I'm gonna wait...I CAN'T WAIT! After those thoughts came to my head I flew off the bed and I grabbed the bag.
     Now the bag itself, was really pretty. It kinda shows the stuff that he could go and find because I've never seen a plastic bag that looked this nice before. It was a small blue bag that was all ruffled and it had the print of small flowers on it. It was kinda funny to see Soonyoung picking out this kinda bag.
     Soonyoung was always talking about how much he wanted to be a dancer just like an idol that he really looked up to. He wanted to be y and powerful with the dances that he showed. So, Soonyoung giving me this type of bag was really kinda funny actually. But it was sweet at the same time. He somehow knew about the attention to detail that I had.
     I opened the bag and it was more small items. There was some packs of milk candy that I loved so much and there were some color pens along with a small velvet notebook.
     The milk candy made me smile when I ate one. Chan and I always took advantage of finding little spots that sold milk candy. Whenever we would found one, I would buy one pack for me and one pack for him and we would be eating those while sitting on a bench in a nearby park and drinking some yogurt. I should do that again with Chan sometime. Now that I've been busy with college, I haven't had the time to  do stuff like that with him. Honestly, maybe it's a good idea that I come and help out at his daycare from time to time.
     When I opened the notebook, there was a note on the front cover.
     Dear Jihoon,
   I know you might feel like you really didn't do much to help me but, I'm really grateful that you stepped in and helped me out when I really needed you to. A little buddy told me that you like to write music and sing. And that you do that all the time at your house (especially when you sing in the shower). I hope you enjoy the stuff that I got you and that it makes you smile at least a little bit. 
       From your favorite orange-haired ball of sunshine,
     Soonyoung ☆

     The hell was the star for? 
I caught my blush at the same moment my eyes met the star. Am I really blushing? What is this guy making me feel?
     Maybe if I have a nice shower and just fall asleep right after, this dumb feeling would come out of my head? My head was trying to figure out what the hell I was doing right now. I was thinking frantically to figure out what this feeling was.
     As I stepped into the shower, I just let the warm water wash away all of my thoughts. And, it actually kind of worked. The bathroom was so steamed that I was more focused on sweating then actually thinking.
     When I woke up the next day, I had a jumpy feeling in my stomach. I was way more excited to go pick up Chan then to go to the music room and get a crack at the piano. This was a first.
   
  ~~~~~~~~
     
     Once I reached the piano, my hands just played a tune. A tune, that was a bright as day to me, I've never played something like this before but my hands went along with it as if I always played the song. 
     The girls looked at me with lust in their eyes, I had started to sing. I was flustered but I just kept on singing. The teacher even gave me a shocked look because the guy has never heard me sing ever since I started school there. I would usually play the piano or some instrument but, I would never actually sing.  
     This song though, a love song, that I came up with in the spot while playing the music.
     
     I want to pick and gather all,
      The pretty words for you~
     I promise myself while drinking a glass of water in the morning,
     to tell you~
    I will confess what has been on the tip of my tongue, tomorrow
   You are pretty~

 
     This song was what I was feeling on the inside for him. I don't know why but I just wanted to sing to him. This new feeling that I've been feeling over the few months that I've known Soonyoung... is it how it feels to like someone? If so, I think I enjoy this feeling.
     The way my heart jumps when I think of him, the way I smile at the small stuff that he does, how right it looks for him to be with my brother. It was just great.
     When I got over to the daycare there were many mom's there to pick up their kids so I just sat in the kitchen, where Soonyoung usually sits turning the kid's nap time, waiting for all the kids to be picked up. I kind of dosed off waiting for all trhe kids to be picked up. I didn't mind waiting until the last kid leaves to take Chan home because I want him to hang out with his friends before we get home.
     When I woke up, the sweater that Soonyoung was wearing when I got there, now covered me. I rubbed my eyes, cuz I thought I was just imagining things but nope, it was really covering me. I looked into where the kids were and there was only a few kids left waiting for their parents.
     Soonyoung was with Chan. He had a really skin tight white t-shirt on and he had a little headband to keep the hair out of his face. Whenever a parent would come in to pick up their kid, they would break into that cute little eyesmile that make me blush so much. Once all the parents went and picked up their kids, Soonyoung turned to me.
     "Sleeping Beauty! Have a nice nap?" He smirked.
I scowled.
     "Yeah I did... Whos sweater is this?" I asked, pretending as if I didn't know that it was Soonyoung's.
     "I don't know," he shrugged while smiling. "You want it? It's really warm, I don't really need it either."
     "If it's your's then why would I take it? Don't you need to wear it to get home?" I looked at him skeptically.
     "I live right above the daycare," he said as he motioned to a door. "I just have to walk up these steps."
     "Oh, so you live with you aunt then?" I tiled my head a bit.
     "Now I do. She fell ill so I'm taking care of her." Soonyoung sighed.
     "You didn't tell me that! Could I go upstairs to see how she is?" I became really worried. Even though I wasn't too fond over the lady, for my own dumb guy reasons, I wanted to go see her. And, I'm sure seeing me, would at least put somewhat of a smile on her face.
     "I guess you could, I don't see why not. She's always talking about how much she wanted to see you and how 'He's such a great older brother, picking up his little Chan after he would get out of school. He's so considerate for his mother. He's such a good child.' And stuff like that." Soonyoung laughed and I blushed.
     "She talks about me like that?" I honestly wonder why she thought of me like that.
     " Yeah, she likes you a lot." I smiled at that comment.
     Chan walked up to me, rubbing his eyes. He must be tired.
     "On second thought, maybe I'll just take Chan home and come back tomorrow. Tomorrow is Saturday so I don't have any school. Do you mind if I come over tomorrow?" Soonyoung glanced down and Chan then looked back up at me.
     "Uh, no I don't mind. Bring Chan too, I'll make lunch." Soonyoung smiled.
     I picked up Chan then grabbed my stuff. I didn't see the sweater anymore so, Soonyoung must be taken it back. I couldn't really wear it anyways, I'm so small that the sweater was just plain huge on me.
     "We'll be going now! Say bye Chan." Chan looked at me and lifted his head off my shoulder.
     "Bye-bye Soonyoung." Chan opened and closed his small hand as his wave.
     "Bye Channie~" Soonyoung waved until we were out of sight.
     Once we got on the bus I sat Chan next to me and took out my phone so we could both share music on my headphones. When I took out my phone, I saw a text message.
     
     You can keep that sweater you know hehe.

 Soonyoung had sent me the message. 
     I opened up my bookbag and sure enough, the sweater was there. The sweater was a nice simple grey hoodie and it was really fluffy on the inside and nice and matte on the outside. I noticed that the smell that was on the sweater was a nice cologne, that I knew wasn't mine. I like warm sort of sents and this was more of a soapy kind of smell. I guess this is what Soonyoung happens to smell like.
     When I got home, I tucked Chan into bed and I took the sweater out of my bookbag and placed it onto my deskside chair along with a white shirt, baggy jeans and my converse. I hope that Soonyoung won't mind that I'll be wearing his sweater tomorrow.