Chapter 2

Near To You

Okay, maybe college wasn't that great. It was definetely better than high school for Sunggyu but let's be honest, high school was just ty itself, especially if you were just a normal student with normal to sometimes bad grades and no talent in sports or whatever. Not only did he just study those past weeks, but his friends were giggly around him, not telling him what he's missing out on and to top that off, he made no progress with confessing to his crush Myungsoo at all. It was really a torture to not be born with special quick-learning-superpowers like other kids. He was not clever at all but at least he was studying. Maybe he'd have to get a tutor or something but he wasn't sure. Until his teachers would call him out for it, he'd just deal with it on his own.

 

"How does it go?" Sungjong asked on top on his bunk bed. Sunggyu's head was on top of his desk, turning towards his friend. "If I read one more thing I'm going to-" Sungjong interrupted him, "No, I meant you and Myungsoo." Sunggyu lifted his head, now looking in thought. "There's nothing going on. Yet. I didn't have time, you know." Sungjong understandingly nodded. "And what about Woohyun?" Sunggyu looked confused. "What?" Sunggyu turned his whole body now to the other. "What do you mean?" "Do you talk with each other?", Sungjong asked. "Uhh we greet each other in class? But other than that not really much. Why should we anyways?" Sungjong smiled at the other. "Ah I see. I was just curious but I think you guys should be friends. Maybe you should talk to him more?"


Sunggyu raised his eyebrows and smiled at the other. "Are you kidding right now? First of all why should I be friends with him and second, you do actually know what kind of person he is and what friends he has, right? He doesn't play in my league."


"But Myungsoo does?" Sungjong looked confused. "Oh hell no he also doesn't but that doesn't mean I can't still like him?" Sungjong nodded and climbed from his bed. "I still think you should consider Woohyun. As a friend, obviously." Sungjong put a hand on the other's shoulder. "Maybe you'll be greater friends than you think." 


"Okay if you say so.. but please stop being so weird, it creeps me out.", Sunggyu said with a chuckle and confused expression. Sungjong just smiled and exited their room, leaving a puzzled Sunggyu. 

 

 

 


"You do know that plucking petals from daisy's don't work..right? Dongwoo asked. Sunggyu let the flower fall to the ground and deeply sighed. "I am just so nervous, I don't know what else to do than asking myself if he actually does like me or not." Dongwoo smiled at the other, "Don't worry, I'm sure he will be understanding..as a bully. "Dongwoo!", Sungjong chirped in. Sunggyu let out another sigh. "Yeah.. a bully."

 

 

 

"I'm going to confess today! Today is the day, I'm ready!" Both Sungjong and Dongwoo looked at the other with wide eyes, not believing their friends words. "Why today?" Sungjong asked curiously. "It's been already more than two months than college started. I just have to do it. Time won't wait for me." Dongwoo nodded his head and Sungjong let out an 'okay'. The day just started and he'd do the best out of it, Sunggyu was sure.

 

Lunch came by sooner than he expected and his heart was beating like crazy in his chest. He'd just have to walk over and ask him for a minute. Woohyun would be there too, of course, but for some reason the thought of Myugsoo's best friend being there made him also more nervous than he already was. Sunggyu already sat there, feeling like he's sweating buckets but Sungjong took Sunggyu's hand in his and smiled at him. "You'll do your best, I know that. Don't be so hard on yourself afterwards if he rejects you, okay? We know you're amazing and if he actually does reject you, he's really gonna miss out and you don't deserve someone like him. Sunggyu was close to teas but obviously held them in. "Thank you.", he smiled.


Sunggyu got up from his seat and made his way towards Myungsoo's table. On his way to him and his friends he made eye contact with Woohyun right away. The guy was talking but his eyes were fixed on him and for some reason Sunggyu felt more than nervous now but still, he couldn't keep his gaze away from the other. The guy didn't even notice that he was standing right in front of their table and for a few seconds he felt like he was trapped in some other dimension but eventually got out of his trance. He broke the eye contact with the black haired guy and now looked at his best friend sitting right beside him. All of those guys stopped their conversations and were looking at Sunggyu, obviously.


"Do you need something?" Myungsoo asked with a smile but yet confused. Sunggyu felt his palms sweaten and his heartrate quicken. He felt like one hundred eyes were staring at him and he was sure there were actually that many people looking at him, especially all those girls who probably asked themselves what a guy like Sunggyu who wasn't known in any way or special, would talk to someone like Myungsoo, or at least tried to. 


He opened his mouth to say something but he felt like all of a sudden his voice was cut and he wasn't able to talk anymore. His throat was suddenly dry and he would have done anything for a glass of water right now. He felt the seconds pass and for him those seconds resembled eternities. All he could do was just stand there and not say anything. He didn't even stutter, but just being in front of them with probably really flushed cheeks, his mouth forming a little 'o' but not saying anything, was more than enough of embarrassment for him. 


Sunggyu was already having a mental breakdown and was sure he'd run ouf of the cafeteria now, when something unexpected happened. Woohyun got up from his seat and looked at Sunggyu intensly but still without expression. All eyes focused now on Woohyun for a short second, until the guy walked around the table to Sunggyu and grabbed his arm. The other guys' eyes widened and now he really felt like he didn't know what to do. "Let's go." was the only thing Woohyun said, in a tone that only Sunggyu and probably his friends could hear. 


The guy didn't even wait for a response from the other and just pulled him along. When they were out of the cafeteria, Woohyun still had his grip tight on the other's arm, but not in an aggressive way. He was pulling him into a smaller hallway, although all of them were pretty much empty because it was lunch time. 


Sunggyu, not facing his handsome crush anymore and his other intimidating friends, came to his senses and shook his head confused, trying to shake his arm off from the other. Woohyun noticed the other's struggle and let go of his limb. "What are you doing?!" Sunggyu asked angrily. "I'm saving you from the biggest mistake you were ever about to do in your life." Sunggyu looked at the other in disbelief. "What the hell do you-" Woohyun cut him of by the touch of his hands on Sunggyu's shoulders. "Look, we don't have time forever since lunch is almost over but I just want to help you. Even me being seen with you is a risk since, well, I'm Nam Woohyun." Sunggyu chuckled annoyed at the other guy's words. Woohyun didn't want to make it sound like that but there wasn't enough time to go into that now.


"Please just look at it this way.. your crush on Myungsoo is only temporary, okay?"
"No, it's not! I'm- Wait..what?"
Woohyun sighed. "I'm just telling you, confessing to him will end badly. It'd be better to just listen to me and forget him."
"How you do even know..?" Sunggyu said, almost a whisper, feeling quite flustered.
"We had something similar like this at high school and it didn't end well..for the guy. He got bullied by them and had to change school. I admit I wasn't especially nice but nicer than them for sure. Especially me warning you like that has to mean at least something. Yes, I hate their behaviour and I don't have anything about people like you, but that's just how they are. I just don't want something to happen like that again, so I'm telling you." 


Woohyun could see the sadness in Sunggyu's eyes and it made his heart soften for some reason. His hand still didn't left his shoulders and the way they stood together, made them seem really close. Woohyun could smell the scent of something he felt like he knew quite too well. His fingers who still didn't left the top of the other's shoulder blades, made him feel like something was right yet so unknown. It was the feeling of familiarity and closeness he felt like he missed a lot. 


Sunggyu looked down the ground. "I-I'll go now.", he turned around and made a few steps forwards. Woohyun reached out for the other's arm again, yet missed the limb due to Sunggyu's fast steps and instead grabbed the guys' hand, holding it tight for a second. Something in Woohyun made him feel weird but he couldn't explain what this feeling was. Sunggyu turned around again, looking at the other. "I'm sorry." Woohyun said and Sunggyu turned his head again and left.


Woohyun couldn't help but look at his hand for several seconds after finally shaking his head and making his way towards his dorm. His next class would start later on so he had some time. He was sure he had to use that time to find an excuse for his friends who were surely going to ask about what just had happened. 

 

 

 

 

"So you're saying than Myungsoo and his friends bullied that guy because he confessed to Myungsoo and then had to change school because of them?" Dongwoo asked. Sunggyu nodded in his pillow, lying with his face on it. "Wow. What an ." Sungjong stated. Sunggyu let out a loud grunt into his pillow, showing his annoyance at the situation.


"And..Woohyun just told you?" Sungjong asked in disbelief. Sunggyu nodded. "What do you plan on doing now?" Dongwoo questioned.


Sunggyu got up. "I'll still confess."


His friends' eye were wide, in shock. "Are you serious Sunggyu? You just can't! Myungsoo will make your life a living hell!", Sungjong loudly said. Sunggyu's eyebrows furrowed. "And you really think I can just let it go like this? I don't want to be or feel like a coward, at least not for me. How long have I dreamed of being with him? How long have I already liked him? It's been way too long. If I do have to close this chapter of my life, I should at least do it with pride." 


Sungjong and Dongwoo looked at his friend with pity and understanding in their eyes. 


"It's okay guys, I'll handle it." The brown haired guy said with a light smile.

"Everything will be okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


AN: Okay guys I am so sorry that this is so short and I was actually planning to make this chapter longer but I already promised you to upload yesterday and I didn't because I wasn't finished :( I am so sorry but I hope you enjoy this chapter and comment something nice. <3 Thank you guys so much for supporting this fic! I love you all. <3