Chapter 3

Near To You

Woohyun had this feeling that Sunggyu was dense or maybe just deaf. It's like history repeated itself and there stood Sunggyu, again, in front of their table. They made eye contact for a second again but Sunggyu quickly looked away and ..was that confidence he saw in his eyes?


"Hello, Myungsoo. If you didn't know, my name is Sunggyu and I wanted to ask you if you had some time right now because I really have to talk to you about something urgent."


The whole table fell silent and Myungsoo looked at the guy in front of him confused but not rejecting. "Can't you just say it here?" The guy asked. Sunggyu gulped, feeling how dry his thraot was. He knew he can't out anymore.

 
"No. I'd like to talk to you in person. Alone." Myungsoo lightly chuckled and stood up. "Okay fine but be quick." Sunggyu nodded hesitantly. "Uh-uhm yeah..sure."

 
They were about to leave when Woohyun hurriedly got up from his seat and Sunggyu made eye contact with him, sensing a mixture of anger, sadness and something that seemed like pity for him. Sunggyu slightly smiled at the other guy before leaving the cafeteria awkwardly with Myungsoo.

 

Woohyun knew that this was the biggest mistake that guy could have ever made. He knew that after that confession the boy will get his fair share of Myungsoo and not in a good way. It wasn't like he should care anyways but for some reason that whole situation gave him some kind of discomfort, as if something was itching him or something way more. That feeling of something boring deep into his chest, it was almost like pain, if not, that was exactly it.

 
He felt sad and abandoned but most of all, he felt pity. He knew he'd want to help Sunggyu later on but at the same time he knew that it was a mistake. It was too risky and after all, Myungsoo was his best friend. There was no way he, with his reputation, could get into contact and even help Sunggyu.

 
Woohyun knew that this was something the guy had to deal with alone, no matter what will happen. Woohyun knew that he couldn't help the guy. He just couldn't.
The black haired guy dropped into his seat with a loud sigh, closing his eyes, feeling the realisation sink in more and more.

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu was never that close to Myungsoo and he could smell the other's cologne strongly, engulfing him completely. They stood beside each other and Sunggyu felt as if he was blessed. He couldn't believe that he's standing right here and alone with the guy.


"So what did you want to talk about?", Myungsoo asked with a little smile, showing his dimples. Sunggyu lowered his head sheepishly smiled, feeling his cheeks getting hotter already.


"I.. I know that you don't know who I am but I've known you for a long time.. It's been a long time already and..I thought about this a lot and how I should attempt this and I've finally gathered some courage to tell you this.." Sunggyu looked at the guy, seeing the other watching him expectandly. He knew he was too deep in now so he might just end it already.


"Kim Myungsoo, I really like you!", Sunggyu said loudly, eyes closed and face red. "Please accept me."

 

 

There was silence and Sunggyu knew that those seconds felt like an eternity to him. He finally opened his eyes and slowly looked at the guy through his bangs. His heart was pounding crazily and his hands were shaking. The other guys face turned from and expressionless gaze to a smirking one. Soon the guy was laughing and didn't even hold back.

 
"I am sorry to burst your little gay bubble but.. are you serious right now? Do you really think I would accept the confession from a ?" Myungsoo now harshly tapped Sunggyu several times on his shoulder. "Do you think this is okay? Do you think you can just get away with this, or better - confess so you could feel better but leave me disgusted? I can't believe this, seriously.." Myungsoo tapped his foot in annoyance. Myungsoo took a step closer and came nearer with his face towards Sunggyu. "Wow. Crying now are we?" Myungsoo chuckled. "You will regret this." The guy whispered in the other's face. The guy held up his hand and formed it, bringing it closer to Sunggyu's forehead. 


Flick.


He flicked Sunggyu on the forehead and just from the sound you could hear how much it probably hurt. 
"." Myungsoo said into the other's face, then leaving.

There stood a sobbing Sunggyu and he felt embarrassed and sad. He never thought that Myungsoo could be like that - he didn't expect it. He couldn't believe that Woohyun was actually right. His forehead hurt as hell and he brought a hand closer to it, rubbing the sore spot. The tears were flowing and it seemed like they just won't stop. At this moment, Sunggyu decided to stop with it all. The stupid crush on Myungsoo and just crushes in general. In his opinion they just weren't worth it. They would just leave you with a hurting pain on your forehead and intimidate you. Though there was something that hurt way more than the throbbing red point on his front, and that was his heart.

 

 

Myungsoo went back to his seat and Woohyun carefully watched the other, waiting for him to speak. When the guy sat down in his seat, he let out a big huff and smiled. "Guys, the game has started again.", he said. Everyone started laughing happily, Howon smirking and Woohyun in shock. "Aw don't look like that Nam. Your friend is a gay anyways, you probably didn't know. He probably even tried to get with you, right? Ugh disgusting."

 
Woohyun didn't know what to say. He felt uncomfortable with the thought sitting in his head that Sunggyu was probably crying right now and whatever Myungsoo did to him, the guy had to deal with it.


Woohyun got up, he had to find Sunggyu.

 
"Where are you going?", Howon asked.


"I forgot my books for the next class, sorry guys I'll get going." The other guys nodded and Woohyun hastily got out the cafeteria. The moment he stepped foot outside, the bell rang and Woohyun groaned. He remembered, it was the class he had with Sunggyu.

Sunggyu didn't come to class and Woohyun was more than worried even though he didn't want to accept it. For some reason the other guy made him feel like they had a special bond or something like that even though Woohyun knew that they didn't know each other until recently. It made him confused but at the same time he was sure that they knew each other from somewhere.


That evening, the guy went to Sunggyu's dorm. He searched for it but eventually found it and knocked on the door. He waited for what felt like minutes and was just about to turn around when the door opened and exposed a Sunggyu with red eyes and ruffled hair. His eyes looked drowsy and sleepy and like they were just about to close but when the guy made eye contact with Woohyun, they quickly went wider and he immediately closed the door.

 
"What the heck Sunggyu?", Woohyun asked confused. Sunggyu loudly talked through the door with a quivering voice. "Leave me alone! You can annoy me and laugh at me at class but please for now, just go." Woohyun furrowed his brows. "Do you really think I came here to bully you? I was the one who warned you, remember!" It was silent until Sunggyu quietly spoke. "I'm sorry." The black haired guy chuckled. "You should be more sorry for yourself because you didn't listen to me."


Sunggyu opened the door but avoided eye contact with the other. "What do you want?" Woohyun sighed. "I came here to look how you are. Not well, as I can make out." Sunggyu huffed at annoyance. "Well now that you know you can go." He was about to close his door when Woohyun put his feet in the doorway to stop the door from closing. Sunggyu now looked at him in the eyes and they made eye contact. "Let's talk."

Sunggyu was sitting on his bed and Woohyun on his desk chair. It was awkwardly quiet, when Sunggyu asked. "What do you want to talk about?" 
"I want to help you."
"How?"
"I will try to help you when the guys attack you."
"You're one of them."
"But I'm different."
"You are Myungsoo's best friend. Also, I don't need your help."
"Sunggyu."
"Woohyun."
Woohyun sighed. "This was an offer, not a must. Also I want to point out that I am not exactly like them and Myungsoo being my best friend doesn't have to change the fact that he's an idiot and that I want to help you. It's okay though, I understand what you think about me." Sunggyu gaped "I-I didn't mean it like that, I-" Woohyun interrupted. "It's okay Gyu, just go to sleep. Goodnight." Woohyun got up from his seat and left Sunggyu's room, closing the door behind him.


And for some reason Sunggyu felt more terrible than he did before but also his heart was beating faster than before.


'Gyu.' Sunggyu can't remember the last time someone called him like that. It was way back then, way back at the time where there was only his best friend and him. Just the two of them together.


'Why did he call me like that?' 

 

 

 

 

 


AN: very VERY short I know and I'm sorry :(

I PROMISE YOU the next chapter will be much longer!!