Chapter 4

Why is falling in love so hard for me?

It was Saturday morning, at last...... Suddenly, Ji Lee and Ji su burst inside Seo - hyeong's bedroom and jumped on her bed, waking her up,and clearly ruining her morning.

They weren't this childish, but they loved to annoy her. “ What are you? My alarm clock? ” Seo - hyeong managed to say under her blanket. Ji lee stopped for a while and then continued jumping. “ Yeah!! ” He said, flapping his arms like a bird. “ But we're even better than alarm clocks! 'Cause we have an awesome way for you to easily wake up. ” “ They're worse than alarm clocks. I rather have a dozen alarm clocks. It is nothing worse compared to these monkeys. ” Seo - hyeong thought, covering her head with her fluffy pillow.

After eating breakfast........ actually to Seo - hyeong it wasn't really breakfast. She only ate half of a banana Aunt Ji hee had ate last night. But anyways, after eating breakfast, Aunt Ji hee told her to buy a bottle of milk. “ And get a lips stick for me too... And oh, don't forget to get the pink nail polish. ” Ji su said, walking right past her. “ And buy me a bunch of chocolates! ” Said Ji lee . She put on her boots and headed outside. She walked into a small market and got out a basket. After buying the things she was told to get, she walked to the counter. She paid 15,000 Won in total and walked outside. It was a beautiful day so she sat down on a bench to enjoy the cool breeze. She sighed heavily. “ I wish the weather would be like this everyday. “ She said to herself and started to rock her feet back and forth. Feeling bored out of her mind, she got up and walked around, humming and rocking her head left and right with the groceries making click clack noises. This weather makes her peculiarly happy. Suddenly she felt water dropping on her. It began to rain. She quickly looked around her, looking all flustered. “ What to do? ” She said. She tucked the grocery bag in her arms and used her head to block the rain drops. “ Why is it suddenly raining? Of all time...  Why does it have to rain now? ” She thought, walking and struggling to get the groceries in her house without getting it wet.

There is one thing to do.... She thought to herself. Maybe.... Just maybe....  It will work....... 

She stopped and looked up,  facing the greyish blue sky. “ Please stop raining. ” She pleaded.

While waiting with hope,  instead it rained even harder. She shook her head which was now really wet. “ What am I saying? First everyone thinks I'm weird. And then I - I'm talking to the sky! ” She said. “ And the next thing I knew.... I'll be talking to a chickens, asking them to lay eggs ”.  

 

A peculiar thing happened, she couldn't feel the water drops on her anymore. She looked up and to her surprise she saw a man holding an umbrella over her. And the weird thing was that the man wasn't under the umbrella with her.

“ Oh... Thank you so much for sharing the umbrella, but why won't you come under the umbrella too? It's ok there is a lot of space here. ”

“ No. ”

The man shook his head.

“ I want to make sure that you're completely under the umbrella. I don't want you to get sick. ”

He said.

She stared at him with her eyes glowing. When he said those words, something exploded in her heart. 

They stared at each other for quiet a long time and it's pretty long for strangers to stare at eachother especially at times like this. Seo - hyeong felt strangely warm. Not outside because she was wet and freezing........ But inside. 

After “ that long stare ”  his eyes suddenly widened.

He pointed and said, “ You're that girl who stepped on my foot yesterday! ”