Chapter 1

Why is falling in love so hard for me?

With the beautiful sunrise, birds chirping everywhere and red blossoms in trees were basking under the bright sunlight, it looked like a perfect day to everyone. Everyone except for Seo - hyeon. She was in the kitchen, in her school uniform,  cooking breakfast for Aunt Ji hee, and Seo - hyeon's cousins: Ji su and Ji lee. Seo - hyeon whispered to herself,  “ 1.. 2.. 3 ...”  

“ Hurry up!! I'm going to be late for work!! " Screeched Aunt Ji hee from the living room. She perfectly know well that her Aunt was impatient. Even if she wasn't late for work. 

“ Jeez...  She's worse than a maid. ” Aunt Ji hee said, angrily. Ji su and Ji lee ran down the stairs and wrestled with the TV remote. “ It's mine! ” Ji su hollered. “ But I grabbed it first! ” Ji lee hissed back.  “ Get out of the way, idiots! ” Aunt yelled, her eyes were fixed on the TV. Yelling like always. Seo - hyeon thought, walking to the living room with a big tray of rice bowls and a pot of kimchi soup while Ji lee and Ji su's screaming echoed in  the whole house. Once the food was placed on the table, Ji su and Ji lee forgot about the TV remote and sat down, hungrily. “ What took you so long?  "  Aunt Ji hee said, stuffing with rice. “ I needed to wait till the rice was finish cooking. ” Seo - hyeon replied, taking out her chopsticks. Aunt threw Seo - hyeon's chopsticks across the living room. “ No breakfast for you. You took so long cooking so no breakfast for you as a punishment. ” Aunt Ji hee said.  “ But the rice cooker needed 15 minutes to cook the rice so I had to wait! ” Seo - hyeon said. “ But you're fat. So you have to lose weight. ” Aunt quickly added.  Which wasn't true. Seo - hyeon wasn't fat. “ Aunt.. I'm not fat... ” Seo - hyeon whispered gently. Hunger was rising in her. “ HOW DARE YOU TALK BACK TO ME!! " Aunt Ji hee shouted and threw her rice bowl at Seo - hyeon.  The rice bowl hit her leg and pain started growing in her leg, but she stood straight, ignoring the pain. “ Get out of here!! Leave!!  I don't want to see your nasty face!! ” Aunt Ji hee hollered. Tears swelled in Seo - hyeon's eyes and she ran outside. She already knew that her Aunt never wants to see her face. Are all Aunts like this? She doesn't know. She doesn't feel like Aunt Ji hee is her Aunt.  So does her cousins. Neither of them are like her family. They treat her like trash. Like she doesn't worth loving.