The Drunk

Stupid Cupid! (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mistake was remarkably simple. 

 

On his computer Myungsoo was supposed to click on the box "make up", but instead he unwittingly checked the box for "break up". And so on Valentine's day, a Seoul couple named Nam Woohyun and Kim Sunggyu decided to end their 3-year-long relationship due to a certain sleepy cupid working miles above them. Dongwoo was very forgiving towards Myungsoo, given his track record as a wonderful staff member. More than anything, he felt pity towards sending his best team member to Earth. The mission had a terrible risk assessment profile, and chances of repairing the relationship was extremely low. Who knew how long Myungsoo would have to be dispatched for, before the higher-ups finally decide to forgo the case and let him return. 

 

Howon was now helping his friend pack for Earth, all the while taking the chance to laugh at his friend's terrible mistake. 

 

"Hey, don't forget that I'm the one who recommended you this engineering job. You can afford to have more compassion for your friend here." Myungsoo sulked and whined as he packed his fifth piece of all black sweater into his bag, mindful of the fact that none of them had holes in the back to accommodate his wings. The fact that he would have to retract them into his body during his stay on Earth was hitting him harder by the minute as he packed. The worst moment was parting with his cat Byeol. The beautiful feline would have to stay with Howon for however long the mission took. He would have loved to entrust to cat to another angel or cupid but unfortunately Byeol seemed to be particularly attached to Howon. The demon had a theory that cats are inherently evil, in one way or another. 

 

"Well to be honest, just take it as a holiday! Earth might be fun, for all you know." Howon was being so cheerful he was almost getting on Myungsoo's nerves. Yet he did not want to spend his last night in heaven bantering with his jester of a friend. 

 

"Look, I know people are stupid. Everyday I watch people come up with stupid ideas for their loved ones, giving me unnecessary paperwork for nothing. Did you know they have freaking wishing wells because they think paying us would help them fulfill their love wishes? We've been using the money for pizza party every year after the horrific Valentine's day. And Christmas, mind you." He rolled his eyes and packed his halo into his black luggage. Everything was now so black he was barely recognisable as coming from the angel or love department at all. He could have blended in as Howon's actual colleague and nobody would know. 

 

"Well, that's the fun part right? Watch stupid people do stupid things!" 

 

-∞-

 

If Myungsoo thought humans were stupid, he now regretted that statement. Humans were not stupid, they are extremely, unbearably stupid. 

 

After his 4-hour-long descent, the cupid finally arrived in Seoul. The first place he visited was a club in Hongdae, because that was where the mission was supposed to start. He had no idea why, but he was guessing that he would probably run into either Kim Sunggyu or Nam Woohyun. He looked through his skimpy and almost useless case file that contained their information, and he tried to etch the males' faces in his mind before he entered the noisy and dark place.

 

Why humans found getting drunk and dancing an enjoyable activity was a complete mystery to him. As he witnessed people trying to shout at each other over the music just for a simple, "you are pretty," he felt like going back to the comforts of his heaven home and office already. He could only imagine that Howon's department was in-charge of places as such - a place where people reveled in sins and tragedies. 

 

The undercover cupid made his way through the dance floor, ignoring all the passes directed at him by girls in sleazy clothing and men too drunk to realise what they were doing. His mind was trying hard to concentrate on running over the details of the case file against the deafening club music. A cupid was, unfortunately, not all knowing. Yet they knew enough. For one, he knew that the starting point of this mission was in this club, but he was not exactly sure whom exactly h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter