Chapter 6

Meant to Be

152d9e1c4b6532179cc0cc.jpg   

Jessica's POV

     I huffed my way across the parking lot with my drenched dress. As I had been running home, the rain had came down all at once and lasted only a few minutes. Although I was glad that the rain had stopped, I was not in any mood to deal with any other problems. So, with my heels still in my hands I forcefully opened the front door of the aparment building and stomped in.

     This was when I noticed the handsomely dressed man standing in the lobby staring at me.

Jaejoong's POV

     "This is it," Yoochun announced after Yoona parked outside a looming, red brick building. There didn't seem to be too many other cars in the parking lot since most of the people probably had already moved out.

     "You sure you don't just want us to take care of this?" Yoochun asked, concerned. I gave him a reassuring smiled and began getting out of the car. As I left, I heard both of them sigh. I almost chuckled at how they acted like my parents sometimes, but I was too serious about the issue at hand. I wanted it to be over with as quickly as possible.

     When I opened the door to the apartment I was welcomed to something that wasn't really luxurious, but it wasn't shabby either. Actually, it had a warm atmosphere with its dark, woooden furniture and creme colored walls. Two, little blue sofas sat on the right side of the lobby while an elevator was on the left wall.

     "Excuse me, do you happen to know which floor Jessica Jung lives in. I need to talk with her," I said as I approached a man sitting on one of the sofas. He was older, maybe in his fifties, and he seemed like the type of person who would actually help me. 

     When he looked up from his newspaper he grinned at me and queried," Girlfriend troubles?"

     I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I guess you could say that."

     "I actually haven't seen her all day. Usually she sits with me for a while to play chess in the lobby, but she left early this morning and isn't back yet. You could just wait here if you want," the old man continued. I brought my head back and looked at the ceiling in exhaustion. This could not be happening. Suddenly, I heard the door open and a rush of cool air came from behind me. I quickly turned around. 

     What I saw was the angel from the sidewalk, except now, she was drenched from the rain, and the pout on her lips was more defined. She was obviously frustrated from the horrible day she was most likely having. I felt bad, but I couldn't deny how attractive she looked when she was angry. She looked up at me and stopped walking. Our eyes were locked for what seemed like forever, but of course the moment had to be ruined.

     "Jessica, you're back! This young man arrived just now to come see you," the old man from behind me exclaimed. My awed expression was wiped off my face, and now I looked at her in shock. There was no way she could be Jessica.

     The girl smiled at the old man and thanked him. She began walking up to me with a slight smile on her face. I, however, remained frozen where I was. Finally, she stood in front of me.

     "Hey, you must be one of the guys that Leetuck sent. You're early, but I guess we can still talk. Do you mind coming up to my place?" Jessica threw these questions at me and for a moment I just stared at her. Then I realized what an idiot I looked like and I finally nodded my head. This was the girl I had been daydreaming about only a few minutes ago, imagining twenty different conversations with her. No matter how shocked I was, I couldn't let the moment pass.

     She turned around and walked over to the elevator. Her back was facing me as I followed, and I couldn't help but stare at her. The smallest details stood out. From the way her wet hair still managed to keep some of its curls to the way her pink dress clung to ther body. It was mesmorizing.

     We remained in an awkward silence as we stood in the elevator. We stood on opposite sides of the elevator.  She played with her hair and leaned her head against the elevator wall. Her eyes were closed, so I continued to observe her. For some reason, I couldn't force myself to be angry at her anymore. It wasn't just the way she looked, although she was undeniably beautiful. Something told me that there was more to the girl standing in front of me.

     Finally, the doors dinged open, and she walked out. When she noticed that I wasn't with her, she turned around and smiled at me.

     "Aren't you coming?" she asked before grabbing my hand in hers and dragging me with her. We stopped in front of a navy door halfway down the hall. When we walked in, a small puppy ran up to us. She bent down and rubbed behind its ears. Unconciously, I smiled as I recalled the dog she had helped in the bush.    

     "His name is Kyu," she explained as she stood up and turned to face. "I didn't get to ask you your name though,"

     This was when I froze up again. I was definately attracted to this girl, but after everything she did, was she really worth it? A few hours ago I had wanted her to be deported out of the country, and now I was hesitant on even letting her out of my sight. If I told her my real name and asked her to back off, I doubt I really lasted a chance with her. So, in the spur of the moment, I lied.

     "My name is um... Donghae. Lee Donghae." I used the name of an employee that worked for me.

     "Well Donghae it's nice to meet, but as you can see, I'm not really having one of my best days. My car broke down as I was coming home, and I was drenched in the rain. Just let me go change real fast, and then we can talk about your recommendation." She threw her heels into a closet that was near the front door, and began walking down a side hallway, probably to her bedroom. I nodded my  head when she finished talking and gave her a small smile.

     I let my eyes span across what I could see of the apartment. It had a cozy feel, much like the lobby of the building. The living room opened up to the dining room and the entryway to the kitchen was somewhat visible from where he stood. There was a hallway straight ahead that Jessica was walking down. There seemed to be more rooms that branched off from there.

     "Make yourself at home," Jessica told me before she disappeared into her room. I sighed and wondered what I was going to do now. I pretty much made things more complicated for the company over what seemed like a little crush.

     Although I probably should have just sat down and waited for her on the couch, I was drawn to some of the pictures that were hanging on the wall down the hallway that Jessica had walked down. There were a dozen of them hung up in a line, and they showed Jessica smiling and having fun with what I assumed were her friends. From the photos, I could tell that she was normally much more lively and hyper. Her car breaking down must have really ruined her day. 

     As I got to the end of the hall,I heard something drop behind me. I turned around and realized that Jessica's bedroom door was halfway open. I moved closer and saw that Jessica had accidentaly knocked something over on her dresser. However, this wasn't what truely caught my attention. It was that fact that she was still shirtless that kept my eyes glued to her. Even though I knew I should turn away, I couldn't move from where I stood. I absorbed the perfect view of her . Her porcelin skin contrasted with the lacy, black bra she was wearing, and her curves were absolutely perfect. A part of me was tempted to walk up behind her and caress her skin where a small, round birthmark sat on her lower back.

     Jessica threw on a simple. loose gray shirt that matched with her navy, fitted jeans. When my view disappeared, I realized how stupid I was being and immediately turned around to walk back to the living room. I practically jogged away from the door, afraid that she would catch me being a creep. When I reached the sofas, I plopped down and tried to make myself look like I'd been sitting there for a while. Finally, Jessica emerged with an oblivious smile on her face, and I relaxed, knowing that she didn't know about my little intrusion.

     "You want anything to drink?" she asked him. She was clearly in much happier spirits now that she was finally dry. I shook my head, and she sat down next to me, and her dog, which had been following her since we arrived, jumped onto her lap. She was close enough for me to smell her flowery perfume. It was then that I knew I was going mad.

     "So, Leetuck tells me that you want me to talk to a director to get you in some commercials. You definately got the looks, and if Leetuck wants me to help you, then you must have the talent as well. But you haven't talked much since you got here. You know, you can't be shy in this industry if you want to go far." She eyed me, and I realized she was waiting for me to speak.

     "Oh no. It's just that I was caught off guard when I came here. I didn't expect you to be so...um..." I blushed a little and let my sentence trail off. Inwardly, I kicked myself twenty times. Then, to my surprise she giggled.

     "Sorry Donghae. As you must already know, I have a boyfriend. Kim Jaejoong. The famous businessman," she explained. I was a bit peeved that she was using me again, but I let it slide. I decided I wanted to get to know this girl better. Maybe, she had a good reason for the whole scandal. My gut still told me there was more to her than I was seeing.

     "Yeah I heard a little about it on the news. You two must be really close," I murmured. Her face lit up, but there was something else there. Guilt?

     "Oh we're absolutely in love.  We actually met at the airport. While we were in line for boarding, he kept staring at me, and of course I was self-consious. When I sat down on the plane, his seat happened to be next to me, and he started talking to me right away. I responded to all his questions and was polite. But the whole time he just kept talking and talking until we were finally about to land. It got tiring after a while you know? Then, while the plane was landing, Jaejoong suddenly turned to me and said that he loved me! That's not even the crazy part! He even asked to marry me! Could you imagine my reaction? Of course I didn't know he was the CEO of JYJ at this time, so I said no and explained that I needed time. Slowly after that, we got to know each other more, and we fell in love." Jessica said everything in a rushed manner, as though it was rehearsed. She looked up at me with a grin waiting for my reaction.  

     I, on the other hand, was shocked. There was no way I would ever ask a girl to marry me after meeting once. If this was the story she was feeding the press, I was screwed. Still, I was pretty amused with the giant lie she came up with.

     "You two must be really happy." I prodded her more to see how she would respond. It was interesting to hear about the fake relationship she had invented. For some reason, it sounded different when she spoke about it with her soft voice than it had when the reporter announced it on his TV.  

     Jessica looked up and nodded. Suddenly, her phone beeped and she read her text to herself.

     "I need to do something," she said apologetically, "Can we meet another time?"

      "Um... yeah sure," I repiled. I was surprised, but a part of me was happy to jump on the chance to see her again. We exchanged numbers and she sent me on my way. Before I left, we shook hands at the door and I felt a little shock go through me, It seemed like she felt it too and she took her hand away quickly. In the end, it was most likely just my overactive imagination, but a guy could hope, right?

Jessica's POV

     When we shook hand I felt a jolt go through me and I felt a bit tingly inside. Donghae turned around to leave and instead of turning back into the apartment, I stood there and watched him go. There was something special about him.

   

***Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Oh and I just wanted to clear up one misunderstanding. Jaejoong has not seen Jessica before. He was a bit too angry to bother having Yoochun or Yoona get a picture of her for him. He left to find her as soon as he learned about the scandal.

Don't forget to COMMENT :D