Chapter 5

Meant to Be

 f8c1b184f1712d7216c7c0be33975bf8_large.j

Jessica's POV

     I huffed as I stomped my way down the sidewalk. I was coming back from the script reading for my big upcoming movie, but as I was driving home, my stupid car decided it wanted to break down. So, basically I was now stuck walking home in pink heels and a dressy pink dress. If my clothes didn't make me stand out enough, then my blonde hair would for sure attract attention. Unlike before, I had to be careful how I was seen in public. However, at the moment I was lucky to be one of the few people walking along the sidewalk, so being pulled aside for a picture or autograph was a bit unlikely.

     A smile spread on my face as I realised that I had finally reached my dream. I was famous, and I was doing the thing I loved most- acting. I was getting offered dozens of new roles with top class directors, and although being famous really took away from my privacy, I was happy. People finally recognized Jessica Jung and appreciated her.  

     Suddenly I heard thunder in the distance and my good mood was ruined. There was no way I wanted to get stuck walking home in the rain. My feet were already blistered. I didn't need to get soaked too. Maybe this was all karma for lying about my fake love life.

     "Stupid, dang car," I muttered for the hundreth time. The clouds were getting darker, and I knew there was no hope in getting home before the rain began. So, I took my toe-breaking heels off and held them in the left hand. I began fast walking, ignoring the pain when I stepped on small rocks or pebbles scattered on the cement. Only half a mile left before I got home.

     "Woof, woof!" I stopped and looked around for where the sound was coming from. The dog's bark sounded weak, and my animal loving instincts told me to help. I turned around and finally spotted a little brown chiwawa caught in one of the bushes alongside the sidewalk. I hobbled over slowly and bent down in front of it. Slowly I brought my hand up to pet the puppy so I wouldn't scare it.

     "Hey cutie, what happened?" I asked it lovingly. The dog just stared back and me and whined. I started looking for how it got stuck when I noticed its collar tangled up in some thorny branches. I tried untangeling it gently, but in the end I had to yank it free anyway. Finally, the puppy was able to walk away from the flower bushes. I picked it up in my hands and began cooing to it again.

     "How about we find your owner now hmm? I'm sure he or she must miss you like crazy right?" I giggled. However, it began squirming in my hands and jumped away. Before I could grab it again, the chiwawa was running, disappearing around the corner.

     "So much for thanking me," I sighed. Once again I was walking home, racing the rain.

Jaejoong's POV

     I sat slumped in the back seat of my car. Yoona was driving and Yoochun was shifting throught some papers. They were able to find out that Jessica would be at her apartment right now. Thankfully, I was now a bit more calm and levelheaded than when we left. There was no way I could ruin my reputation by barging into some girl's apartment and screaming at her.

     The car stopped and I groaned as I realized we were stopped at a traffic light behind at least twelve cars. The car drive was taking forever and I did not want to waste my whole day with this. There was suddenly thunder outside, and I turned my head to face outside my window. I noticed a small dog stuck in some bushes. I wanted to get out and help it, but the car could start moving at any time. Then, before I could turn away, a girl appeared on the sidewalk who immediately captivated my attention.

     She was surprisingly well dressed, but she didn't really look stuck up. In her left hand, she was holding pair of at least two inch high heels which made me smile. She had probably been walking for a while. Besides, the clothing she was wearing, I noticed her shock of blonde hair that was wavy and only a little longer than her shoulders. It was a very unique look that I had only ever seen on some Korean celebrities. Maybe she was famous- a model maybe? I also noticed her facial features which were a perfect mix of cute and y feature that left me hyponotized. Then, there was her slender, yet curvy figure. It was like I was looking at an angel.

     I continued to watch her as she walked over to the dog I had just been looking at. I grinned as I watched her untangle it from the bushes. Yep- she was definately not stuck-up. Watching her help the dog made me want to talk to her even more. For some reason, she completely captivated me and I suddenly wanted to know everything about her. The attraction was like a new crush in high school.

     The dog jumped out of her arms and I chuckled softly at how frustrated she looked. Thankfully, Yoona and Yoochun were too focused on thier own conversation to notice me. After taking a glace at my two assistants, I turned my gaze back to the mysterious girl on the sidewalk. She was still wearing her pouty face as she looked up at the sky. I figured she was concerned about the rain that was probably going to start pouring any second. A part of me wanted to jump out and ask her if she wanted a ride, but that would probably only make me seem like a creep.

    Suddenly, the car lurched forward and the I lost my view of the angel-like girl. I sighed and sat back in my seat remembering I was about to go meet some dumb girl who was ruining my reputation and taking advantage of me. My good mood disappeared again, but that didn't stop my thoughts from wandering. Of course, I thought about the blonde girl, and I realized that I wanted to see her again. For some reason, my mind couldn't get over her.