Chapter 4

Meant to Be

 img_7858.jpg

Jessica's POV

     My stomach was grinding against itself, and I knew that I might throw up any second. Suddenly I was ready to back out of my stupid lie, but of course I was too late now. It seemed like hundreds of pairs of eyes were staring at me although it was probably only around twenty. Thankfully, I had insisted there be no cameras. Still, I fidgeted with fixing my hair every five seconds which Leetuck had made me curl as though I were going to some giant cocktail party, and don't even get me started on the ridiculous dress I was forced to wear.

     "Thank you for coming to this small press conference, you may proceed with the questions," Leetuck announced. I gave an icy glare to his back. It was all his stupid idea to have this thing. He had insisted that we do a press conference to gain some publicity. He had even tried to get me to invite Jaejoong. Luckily, I was quick on my feet and just told him that Jaejoong had too much work on his hands to come.

     "Mrs. Kim," a magazine reporter stood up and looked at me. I realized the name was directed at me and my cheeks burned. Quickly I shook my head and corrected her.  

     "I'm still Ms. Jung. We havn't gotten married yet."

     "Of course. I'm sorry, but I would like to ask you the question that many of the people here are probably wondering. How did you two meet?" I took a deep breath. I had been rehearsing this question in particular knowing it would be asked tonight. I could only imagine what Kim Jaejoong's reaction would be when he heard the made-up story.

     "Well, you see. We actually met at the airport." I stopped there and laughed as though I was remembering some fond memory.

     "While we were in line for boarding, he kept staring at me, and of course I was self-consious. What girl wouldn't be right? When I sat down on the plane, his seat happened to be next to me, and he started talking to me right away. Of course I responded to all his questions and was polite. But the whole time he just kept talking and talking until we were finally about to land. It got tiring after a while you know?" Here I paused again and looked at the reporters sitting in front of me. Their faces were smiling, and it seemed like they were believing everything so far, so I continued.

     "Then, while the plane was landing, Jaejoong suddenly turned to me and said that he loved me! That's not even the crazy part! He even asked to marry me! Could you imagine my reaction? Of course I didn't know he was the CEO of JYJ at this time, so I said no and explained that I needed time. Slowly after that, we got to know each other more, and we fell in love." I finished rambling the story with a great inhale of breath. Towards the end of the story, I had gotten more animated and my hands had been flying everywhere. The reporters in front of me nodded their heads in satisfaction. The rest of the conference flowed in a similar fashion- with the reporters asking nosy questions, and me making up answers with my heart beating crazily from nervousness.  

 protectthebossjj.jpg

Jaejoong's POV

      I watched the T.V. screen in my office with an inflamed expression. My assistants, Yoochun and Yoona, stood next my desk with sullen expressions holding dozens of gossip magazines. My name was all over the news connected to some girl I had never even met.

     "It's official. The powerful CEO of JYJ, Kim Jaejoong, is dating aspiring actress, Jung Jessica. The hot couple was revealed at a press conference held last night at which the CEO was unable to attend because of work. However, his girlfriend was able to attend and give reporters all the juicy details of the relationship. Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed at the conference, but you can still catch Ms. Jessica in her new upcoming movie..." the news reporter's voice drained away after I shut the television off. I looked down at my desk. Kim Jaejoong and Jung Jessica: the hottest new couple of Korea was the headline of the popular magazine. Underneath the oversized headline it read Will the mysterious CEO finally show his face to the anxious public?. With a loud grunt I threw the magazine against the wall and grabbed my face in my hands. Beside me I saw Yoona flinch and Yoochun walk over to retreive the magazine.

     "Jae, are you okay?" Yoona asked. I could tell she was trying to calm me down, but I was way too frustrated.

     "This is the last thing the company needs right now," I growled, " Is she the same girl with the apartment?!"

     "Yes," I heard Yoochun respond. After that, it was silent as I collected my thoughts. Who the hell was this girl to think she could just get away with this? If this was her way to get at me for trying to take away her home, she had a whole lot more coming her way.

     "I'm going to meet her," I said as I stood up and started packing up my things in my breifcase. Yoona and Yoochun looked at each other surprised.

     "Um, we could go instead. We're sure you have other things to do," Yoochun tried to stop me.

      "I could handle this. Besides, it's my problem," I defended. "Just find out where she is right now!"

     I heard Yoochun sigh and whisper something to Yoona. Then there was rustling as they grabbed their things and followed me. Nobody messed with Kim Jaejoong and got away with it.

***Uh Oh :) Jae is mad! How do you guys think Jaesica's meeting will be now haha? I think you all will actually be quite surprised ;P Don't forget to COMMENT!