Chapter 1

Meant to Be

  jaejoong-sbs-unveils-behind-the-scene-ph

Jaejoong's POV

     I sat in the meeting room with a blank and serious look on my face. The meeting room was quite large with the entire right wall as a window overlooking Seoul. The rest of the walls were a plain white, and there was modern furniture and art scattered around the room. A colossal glass table was set with ten people on each side and me sitting at its head. The men and women sitting before me were some of the most trusted in the whole company. In fact they were the few who actually knew that I was the CEO. Wanting to keep my privacy from the world, I had shielded my life from my workers as much as possible. The employees saw me around the building all the time, but I easily blended in as one of them.

     "Sir, there is an issue concerning the area of land we want to purchase for the new JYJ store." Yoochun, my assistant brought my attention back to the conference. I looked at him waiting for him to continue. He fixed his glasses and looked down at some documents that were sitting before him.

     "It appears that there is one more tenant living in the large apartement building who hasn't signed off on moving out to allow us to tear the building down. I'm trying to directly get a hold of her, but we can't start the new project until everything is settled."

     "She was told that she would be compensated, right? It's not like we're just kicking her out." I asked him. He nodded in affirmation, and I sighed.

     "Try to figure things out as quickly as possible. The land is situated perfectly in the city for us, and we need to gets things started before next month." Yoochun nodded again at what I demanded.

     "Anything else?" I adressed everyone in the room. When no one spoke up, I quickly dismissed the meeting. I stood up and began walking out with Yoochun close at my heels. I was ready to get home and rest after the long business trip I had just had in Europe. I had been setting up deals with some foreign malls to expand my cellphone company. JYJ was already the biggest phone company in Asia, and it was slowly starting to make a steady start in Europe. However, all of this required that I go back and forth between Korea and other countries around the world. I was really starting to fall back on my sleep, and I was ready for a break. Unfortunately, even if I took a vacation I would still have the stress of keeping the secrecy around my life. Instead of leaving me alone, dozens of reporters still continued to try to uncover the great JYJ CEO mystery.

     "You look exhausted." Yoochun remarked as we entered the empty elevator. We both pressed the buttons that corresponded with the floors we needed to stop at. He looked at me with a worried expression, so I smiled to reassure him that I was fine.

     "You need to take a long vacation, not just a day or two off," he continued. I shrugged and shook my head. My right hand reached into my dress pants pocket to take out my special JYJ galaxy phone in order to check my email. I heard Yoochun sigh, and I felt his eyes leave my face. He really was one of my closest friends, and I knew he worried about me. I overworked myself, but I had my reasons. I needed to keep myself busy. I had slacked off from work before for my personal life, and that had ended terribly.

     "Anyways, I'm going to see Jessica right now." Yoochun broke the temporary silence.

     "Jessica?" I looked up at him again from my phone. Was she some new girlfriend or something? I grinned at him teasingly and he rolled his eyes.

     "Jessica Jung. She's the tenant that we need to persuade." Yoochun clarified.

     "Oh, that's good." I awknowledged a bit disappointed. As far as I could tell, Yoochun needed a social life as badly as I did.

     "Apparently she's an actress or something. I have to go to some commercial set to talk with her." He was looking over some papers that probably had the information the company had found on Jessica. Suddenly the elevator dinged open signaling that we had arrived at the ninth floor where Yoochun needed to exit. He stepped out with a smile and bid goodbye.

     "Good luck." I replied before the elevator door closed.

 

***I guess I'll just do short updates since only one person voted:) Hope you liked the chapter although nothing really happened. I promise it will get more interesting;)