Boarding

Turbulence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Shouldn’t you be a bit more excited, considering you’re getting married?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jongin glances over at his best friend, who’s fixated on scrolling through his instagram feed for the umpteenth time. His gaze doesn’t leave his phone and Jongin shakes his head in astonishment.

 

“Chanyeol? Hello?”

 

His best friend doesn’t respond, and Jongin’s lip twitch in amusement.

 

“My is blue.” Jongin states, casually checking his boarding pass for his seat.

 

“Sure.”

 

Jongin sighs dreamily. “Don’t you just want to a tree sometimes?”

 

“Oh yeah.”

 

Chanyeol’s expression is serious, and Jongin can’t help but giggle. For some reason, Jongin laughing is what brings Chanyeol out of his trance and he spares a confused glance at his friend.

 

“What’s so funny?” He asks, and Jongin continues laughing at Chanyeol’s obliviousness.

 

Chanyeol shrugs, and then puts his phone away. He stands on his tiptoes, trying to see over the crowd of people.

 

“There are supposed to be two lines right? It just looks like a blob of people…” He grumbles, taking a sip of the overpriced water bottle Jongin had insisted they buy because “the water served in airplanes is obviously mixed in with pee.”

 

“It’s fine, we all get in eventually.” Jongin slides his backpack off his shoulders and opts instead to carry it in his hand. He sighs relaxedly, rubbing his stiff muscles. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at his friend.

 

“Jongin? Why are you so calm?” He asks tentatively, taking another gulp of the water. Jongin freezes for a moment, before flashing a lazy smile. “I took four Xanax this morning.”

 

Chanyeol nearly chokes on his water.

 

“W-What?!”

 

“Ugh, don’t spit on me,” Jongin wipes the invisible water droplets off of his 300$ shirt.

 

Chanyeol can’t believe his ears. “You took drugs?” He asks incredulously.

 

“Not drugs. Xanax. They’re on like whole other levels.” Jongin points out.

 

“It’s still a drug!” Chanyeol protests worriedly.

 

“Relax dude… I’m gonna sleep for the entire flight anyway.”

 

“If you come to my wedding high…” Chanyeol starts, sending a warning glare at Jongin. Said man laughs it off, poking Chanyeol’s side teasingly. “I’ll be fine, stop being such a mom. And why are you worrying about me? You’re the one getting married.” Chanyeol’s expression shifts into one of indifference.

 

He shrugs, “Doesn’t feel like that… Never thought I’d meet my future wife for the first time on the wedding night.” Chanyeol chuckles awkwardly. Jongin places a consoling hand on his shoulder.

 

“At least she’s in the same boat as you.”

 

“What do you mean?

 

“Well, if she wanted to get with you and was all like ‘ooh yeah yeollie is so y’, wouldn’t that be way worse? If you both are sort of passive about the wedding, it won’t be as much of a commitment.” Chanyeol nods slowly, Jongin’s explanation actually making sense to him.

 

“Wow, that actually sort of makes me feel better.”

 

Jongin flips his hair back dramatically, “Of course, I’m a genius.”

 

“When you’re on drugs.” Chanyeol clarifies, rolling his eyes at Jongin.

 

“That has nothing to do with it!” Jongin exclaims, hoping it actually has nothing to do with it.

 

“Can’t believe we aren’t sitting beside each other.” Chanyeol suddenly remarks, glancing bitterly at the boarding pass in his hand.

 

“Aww, are you concerned about me?” Jongin coos, smiling.

 

“Now I’m probably gonna sit beside a baby or something…” Chanyeol mutters, and he receives another poke at his side. “Hey!” Jongin pouts.

 

Chanyeol grins teasingly.

 

“You know, I think I like you better on drugs.” Chanyeol realizes, and this time he earns a sharp jab to his stomach, knocking the air out of him. Jongin grunts angrily, “That’s what you get.”

 

Chanyeol glares at Jongin, before raising his hands above his head, trying to regain his breath. Jongin starts laughing beside him, “You look like an idiot Chanyeol…” Chanyeol’s earns turn a bright shade of red.

 

“I-It’s b-been proven that when you c-can’t breathe you have to raise your arms above your head!” Chanyeol stammers out an explanation, and Jongin nods knowingly. “Right, right, but you still look like an idiot.” Chanyeol immediately drops his arms in frustration, realizing that with his height and gangly arms he probably does look like an idiot.

 

“I take that back, I’m glad I’m not sitting beside you!” Chanyeol huffs indignantly, a little breathless. He then purposefully moves as far ahead in the line to get away from Jongin. His friend easily catches up.

 

“You know you love me.” He says, and Chanyeol rolls his eyes, trying his best to be angry at his best friend. Which proves impossible and he sighs in defeat.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I love you…” He mutters, and Jongin slaps him on the back wholeheartedly.

 

“That’s my Chanyeol!” Jongin crows, his arm awkwardly slung over Chanyeol’s shoulders, their height difference painfully apparent.

 

“Still, are you sure you’ll be okay? The last time you were on a plane…” Chanyeol begins, his voice full of concern.

 

Jongin groans in annoyance, sliding his hand off Chanyeol’s shoulder. “Dude. I’m gonna be fine. Don’t worry about me.” He reassures.

 

Chanyeol eventually nods, his worry dissipating at the sight of Jongin confidently smiling at him. “Yeah… Okay, just, be careful.” Chanyeol says, and Jongin presses his hand to his forehead in a salute. “Sir yes sir!” He answers seriously, and Chanyeol can’t help but let out a small laugh at Jongin. The other man chuckles a little, before focusing on the now short line in front of them.

 

He’s going on a plane. To fly.

 

And suddenly Jongin’s breath quickens, his hand tightening around the backpack strap.

 

I hope I’ll be fine.

----

“Well tell them to push it back!” Yifan growls, and then turns off his phone before there’s a chance for a response.

 

ing hell.

 

This business meeting could not have come at a worse time. Naturally, as the CEO of Wu Corporations he’s already drowning in his duties of watching over the company. And on top of that, he’s working on assignments not even in his job description, although that’s Yifan’s fault because he doesn’t trust half his employees to properly finish their tasks and so he does their work himself.

 

And he now has to fly across the ing planet to attend a business meeting. God knows why he’s the one who has to fly over.

 

Inconsiderate bastards.

 

Yifan feels people try to force themselves past him. He sends them a death glare, his eyes narrowed. They apologetically smile and step back. There is now at least a meter between Yifan and the nearest person. Yifan smirks.

 

Good.

 

This is how it should be. Him, and them. Although there wouldn’t be a “them” if his ticket was first class, but instead he has to mix in with these poor civilians, sit on a 11 hour flight in a horribly cheap chair, be force fed disgusting food, and all for what?

 

Just so he can buy out a small company.

 

A tiny company.

 

It wasn’t even his idea. It was his father’s, who insisted that “if we buy Huang Corporations, we can fully control the cell phone accessory business.”

 

Huang Corporations manufactures key chains. For phones. Which Yifan thinks is the most despicable of the phone accessory business. Who wants to buy a keychain for their phone? It’s an inconvenience, and they aren’t aesthetically pleasing. But not everybody thinks like Yifan, and because of this Huang Corporations has managed to stay afloat, selling to stupid people who think phone keychains are the newest trend.

 

And now Wu Corporations is going to buy them out. Yifan figures a small company like that will probably go for a couple million and that’ll be it. A quick business meeting. He’ll intimidate them from minute one, make a whole speech about how gracious he is and how they should be grateful. By the end, they’ll probably be on their knees begging.

 

The thought brings a dark smile to Yifan’s lips. If there’s one thing Yifan enjoys more than making money, it’s making other people feel small. The glorious moment where they start to grovel, their eyes downcast, like little dogs at his feet. Yifan feels a shiver run through him at the thought. He can’t wait to see the look on the CEO’s face.

 

But, before that, he has to get through this damn flight.

 

ing hell.

----

Baekhyun has a problem.

 

And it isn’t that his makeup is smudged, or that his hair is messy. (because if that was the problem, Baekhyun would’ve killed himself by now).

 

No, his problem is much more…

 

Well.

 

Baekhyun has a .

 

And it’s a rager.

 

He isn’t sure why it’s there, but it is, and it doesn’t seem like it’s going away any time soon. ]

 

Baekhyun taps his foot impatiently as he waits in line to board the plane. He briefly contemplates running to the washroom and taking care of his problem. A couple whacks and he would be done.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter