Hard to love

Guns and Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ What were you thinking ? Offending a senior officer ?” Jin huffed lecturing Jungkook on his impulsive behaviour. 

 

“ I have to have fun once in a while or I’ll go crazy” 

 

Jin stopped to look at Jungkook and  the corners of jungkook’s mouth lifted up in to a creepy smile. 

 

“ There is no fun in hurting” Jin said bitterly not adding ‘you either hurt yourself or others’

 

Jin ignored the smirk on Jungkook face as he took a pink bandage he kept for emergencies on his bag. He placed the pink adhesive bandage to prevent the blood from trickling down. 

 

“ Still a pink maniac , Doc?” Jungkook laughed as he saw the colour of the bandage.

 

Still ?

 

Jin looks at Jungkook with the bandage in his hand in shock . Jungkook only grins , his teeth glistering seeing that Jin’s expression sours. He ing remembers everything ! He is just pretending not to ! Jungkook is a manipulative little bastard.  

 

Its like Jungkook wanted Jin to know that he knew him but didn’t want to admit it 

 

It was all a game to Jungkook . A sick game of who-confesses-first. Jungkook had played nothing but games with Jin even when they were dating. Jin had lost and lost but If Jungkook wants to play this game now, so can he. 

 

“ Pink is a therapeutic colour”

 

“ How so?” Jungkook’s voice was mocking . He would tease Jin endless about Jin’s pink craze when they were in school. 

 

“It… promotes happiness”  Jin stutters . 

 

 

that was……stupid. Jin knows that he sounded stupid . Jin shook his head in embarrassment . 

 

Jin took out his little voice recorder and pressed the “play” button. 

 

“ Dr.Kim Seokjin , First Interview : Patient Jeon Jungkook”

 

“ I am your first ?” Jungkook asked amused. “ They say firsts are always important …. I will try to make your first memorable for you” 

 

Jin didn’t miss what Jungkook implied there. Jungkook was Jin’s first boyfriend , First love , the first person Jin had with . Jungkook knew that . 

 

He sure knows how to hit a soft spot. 

 

Jin repeats to himself again. Be professional Jin, he is just your patient. 

 

“ would you say that you are more introspective before coming to the asylum or after?” Jin started with the interview. 

 

“ My personality is of that kind that’s always digging its scars”

 

“ Scars ?” 

 

This was new to Jin . What scars is he talking about ? Emotional or physical ones ? Jin knows for a fact that Jungkook doesn’t have any scars on his body . At least before they broke up.

 

“Four” Jungkook said raising his fingers “ I got my first scar when I jumped off of a cliff”

 

“ Were you in a accident ?”

 

“ I threw myself off” Jungkook said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders. 

 

Jin tapped his papers with his pen, scanning every word Jungkook said , scribbling the important words. 

 

“ Oh , I have this one above my right ankle that I got when I fell from a stage”

 

“ A Stage?” Jin was more confused , He never knew Jungkook had any scars . What are these scars that he doesn’t know of.  

 

“ My father ran a circus back in our hometown, seoul….”  

 

Oh the lies have started , Jin rolled his eyes . Does Jungkook think he could lie to his high school sweetheart ? Jin basically lived  and breathed Jungkook. 

 

“ You are not from Seoul” Jin dead panned “Your pathological lying sure gets in a way of me helping you” 

 

“how so?” Jungkook smirks as he challenge. 

 

“ Your father never owned a circus nor were you from Seoul.” 

 

“ How do you know ? Jungkook’s voice was teasing . As if he was challenging Jin. 

 

Oh right … Jin thinks.. We are pretending not to know each other. 

 

“ Its not a matter of how I know what I know” Jin said “ Its a matter of you lying to me”

 

jungkook laughed out loud making Jin caught off guard. Jin does know what Jungkook finds so funny. 

 

“ If doctor Kim SeokJin cured the mental Jeon Jungkook from his psychosis , Oh Doc , You would be so… so …. famous” Jungkook said 

 

“ Famous?”

 

“ Sure ! There is no one in South Korea who doesn’t hate me. I strangled their beloved up and coming boy band’s lead singer  anyway ”

 

Jungkook killed who?

 

and why would Jungkook kill a lead singer of a boyband anyway ?

 

“ You know what people do after a person they love is killed”

 

“ They bury them and their mourn for-“

 

“ They avenge their deaths” Jungkook cuts a stunned Jin. 

 

“ Just because you-“

 

“ If they know that I was put in to a concentration room and slowly let me die … They would LOVE you … so you shouldnt discard what I say right away, Doc . You should listen to me”

 

“ Listen to what?” Jin almost scoffed. 

 

“ Put me in to the concentration room , then you don’t have to deal with me again”

 

“ I will not put you in to a concentration room”

 

“ Why ?” Jungkook pouted as if he didn’t get his favourite ice cream. “ Don’t you out of all the people want to see me dead? or …. Are you still …?”

 

In cluelessly and hopelessly in love with you like I was seven years ago? Jin bit down his bitter feelings. 

 

“ No , I will not” Jin leaned closer , his voice dangerously low “ Knowing you , You will enjoy your time at the concentration room. You enjoy pain”

 

Jungkook’s grin became wider. “ Ooh Planing my slow death? How adorable”

 

No No No Jin , You cannot let him get under your skin . You are in control now Jin exhaled as if he had been holding his breath for long. 

 

“ Tell me about your childhood Jungkook”

 

Jin didn’t want to hear about fake scars , concentration rooms and bull anymore. He was determined to make this session productive. 

 

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes an d leaned back to his chair. “ Ugh , Is this one of those boring sessions here you ask me questions about my long lost past in hope my awful childhood would be answers to everything ?”

 

“ So was your childhood awful?” 

 

“ It was good as childhood can go” Jungkook answered shrugging his shoulders 

 

“ Did you have many friends?’ 

 

Like me ? Jimin ? anyone from our school? 

 

“ No …” 

 

Ok. Jin tried to conceal getting hurt by that . He doesn’t know why he is feeling this for a ing lunatic . If Jungkook is playing games pretending not to know him , so can he .   

 

“ So tell me about your parents..”

 

“ My father was a milliner”

 

“ You said your father ran a circus”

 

“ He had two jobs …busy man. worked hard every night and day…” 

 

Lies . Lies . Lies.

 

“ This is not going anywhere” Jin said feeling frustrated , he looked at the clock to bring this session to an end.

 

“You always going somewhere doc” Jungkook said calculatedly . “Well if you would have any patience and listen”

 

“ I am not here to listen to your lies”

 

“ So you expect me to tell information for free?” Jungkook said leaning back in to his chair comfortably “ Life doesnt work that way princess … No pain No gain” 

 

Princess? 

 

Jungkook always used to call him that to annoy him all the time in high school . Overtime when they were dating Jin thought it was an adorable nickname but now hearing it again only makes Jin angry and frustrated about how that stupid nickname could bring back so much memories for him. 

 

“ I will hurt you if you call me that again . I can call the officers right away , and they won’t be held back this time” 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter