Criminally insane

Guns and Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul Asylum for Criminally insane  ! 

 

Upon reaching their destination , Jin saw the black gate of the facility making his heart beat in anticipation. Even in the morning , the dull gloomy place looks intimidating although the wall were painted white. Jin thought how scary this place must look to onlookers at night . 

 

The large gate creaked open as Jimin drove the car inside . Jin noticed that the  gate was old and the iron rims were oxidised as he read the sign held next to in written in golden letters both in Korean and English. 

 

Welcome to the Seoul Asylum for Criminally Insane! 

 

Jin thought it didn’t look welcoming at all 

 

“ Are you sure this is the right place?” 

 

Jin’s boyfriend Jimin asks as he pulls down his sunglasses scanning the treatment facility. Jin smiles at his fiancé in reassurance. 

 

“ Yes babe” 

 

“ Um…Why don’t we find you a nicer place to work? I know a friend know a really nice Children’s  mental care place in-“

 

Jin rolled his eyes as Jimin started singing his usual song again . He got out of the car without waiting of Jimin to follow. Jin and Jimin had this conversation about a hundred million times and Jin isn’t about to budge. 

 

Jin and Jimin were in California for the past few years … seven to be exact. Jin worked for a respectable children mental care centre and Jimin was a successful performer .  Jin insisted that he needed to come back to Korea with Jimin when he said that he is planning to expand his fan base in Asia on his world tour. They would be only residing in Korea for only about 6 months. 

 

They are going to be gone as fast as they came  because as much as he love returning home , they are some bad memories he doesn’t want to remember. 

 

Jin always wanted to work in a Criminal Asylum since he was little for some reason. Although he loves spending time with mentally effected children , working for Seoul Asylum for Criminally insane is whole other experience. 

 

 

A fresh , exciting experience… 

 

It’s the perfect opportunity for Jin.  What is he going to do in the six months he is spending in Korea anyway ? 

 

As much as Jin loves Jimin , Jimin is dedicated to the work he does . He lives and breathes show business. Jin sometimes feel trapped inside the mansion Jimin built for him , bored with all the gifts Jimin buys for him  and shopping Jimin pays for and he feels out of the job Jimin found him. 

 

 When Jin told Jimin that he wanted to work for the Seoul asylum for Criminally insane , Jimin gaped at Jin for a few seconds and dismissed it as stupid and absurd at first. 

 

In Jimin’s eyes , Jin was the sweetest , soft hearted  cry baby he had ever seen. There is no way Jin could handle the stress of being with people who are the stark opposite of what Jin is as a person. 

 

But as much as Jimin hated this idea , he had a serious weakness . He was never able to say no to Jin nor he thinks he will ever be able to.

 

Jimin finally agreed on one condition. That jin will resign at the mental asylum after the 6 months were over to return to california. To their normal life. 

 

Jin immediately agreed . Jin would work for the asylum and Jimin would work on his tour. Everyone is happy. 

 

But flashes of some lunatic charging at Jin, hurting his baby taunted jimin. Jimin had never raised even his tone at Jin or let anyone touch a hair on Jin’s little princessy head and the thought of Jin being vulnerable made Jimin uneasy. 

 

“ I still don’t like this idea”Jimin nervously repeated for the 501325 time as he caught up to Jin who was already inside the treatment facility showing his ID.

 

“ Jin it is not too late to back out .. this is a very dangerous job-“ 

 

“ So?” Jin raised his eyebrow swiping his ID as the automatic gate opens. “ Jimin , I am a man , I can protect myself”

 

Protect myself , my Jimin rolled his eyes. 

 

“ Sure , thats some big talk coming from a fully grown man scared of 3 inch spiders” 

 

“ Jimin” 

 

“ I am just saying-“

 

Jimin’s sentence was cut midway as Jin shushed him by giving a small peck on to his lips. Jin gave Jimin the sweetest smile as he pulled away…. you know… one of those smiles which still makes you weak in the knees ?  

 

Stunned , Jimin grabbed the back of Jin’s head to pull him to kiss him deeply this time. Jin yelps at Jimin’s sudden bold move and smiles in to the kiss. Jin could feel Jimin’s hand trailing down to cup Jin’s as they shamelessly made out passionately in the middle of the hallway. 

 

Jimin thinks he could stay like this forever and not let Jin go in tot he scary lunatic place…

 

But their makeout session was (rudely) interrupted by an award coughing from man dressed in head to toe white. He looked like a crazy scientist , but somehow a attractive version of it. The round framed glasses he was wearing were broken in the middle but it was scotch taped back. 

 

Jin gave his senior a apologetic smile as he pulled away from Jimin. 

 

“ Namjoon , you ed my last chance to steal my boyfriend away from this grim place” Jimin faked a pissed look. 

 

 

“ Doctor SeokJin and Park Jimin? It is my pleasure to meet you” The tall lanky namjoon greeted them with fake compulsory bow of courtesy. “ Kim Namjoon at your service !”

 

“ Shut up before I kick you in the nuts young man” Jimin said as he circled his arms around his old friend that Jin doesn’t know of and hears Namjoon grumble a ‘i am older than you punk’ to Jimin. 

 

“ Jimin recommend you to me” Namjoon said turning at Jin. “ He spoke very highly of you but I think I should probably first congratulate you both on your engagement”

 

“ Thank you” Jin shyly croaks out , he is still not used to the fact that he is Jimin’s fiancé. 

 

“ Yah yah yah … You need to take care of Jin , he is all I have” Jimin said “ Scratch on his pretty body I will feed you your balls for breakfast ”

 

Namjoon shot his hands upwards in defence as he partly knew Jimin wasn’t actually kidding  “ That wouldn’t  be a problem”

 

Jimin and Namjoon continues catching up on their life. After a while , Namjoon casually turned to Jin asks 

 

“ I have to ask Doctor Kim-“

 

“ Please call me whatever you feel comfortable” Jin said 

 

“ So chicken nugget ” Namjoon corrects himself with a smile and Jin looks at Namjoon with widened eyes.

 

“ what ? You told me to call you what I feel comfortable”

 

“ Stop being a smartass” Jimin said making his friend in the head and Jin laughs loudly and namjoon joins . 

 

“ After reading your resume , I found that you have worked for a Children’s mental facility .. why would you choose a place surrounded by criminals ? ” 

 

Jin’s job was at California Mental health institute for the Youth. Jin’s patients were mostly children and occasional teenagers with traumatic experiences. Although his previous patients had all sorts of mental disorders , all of them were la abiding citizens not criminals. 

 

Yet Jin always had pleasure studying  different parallels of morals differed  in psychopathic criminals and normal human beings. 

 

and what is even normal anyway ? 

 

 

“ To know what is normal” Jin answers. 

 

“ Darling , Every one here is coo coo .. the opposite of normal” Namjoon said 

 

“ Maybe you could find out what is normal by studying the abnormal” 

 

Namjoon stared long and hard at Jin and mumbled “ I like you… I like the way you think” 

 

 

The truth be told , Jin didnt expect he would get the job. He didn’t bring anything to the table that the hospital didn’t already have. Although he graduated in a prestigious university , his work experience is only limited to children’s mental health  

 

Guess when your boyfriend is rich and famous , anything could be done. 

 

 

“ Come please. I’ll show you around the place” Namjoon started getting down to business. “ Are you coming with us ?”

 

“ No but we should go to get some drinks sometime soon” Jimin rejects . 

 

Jin looked back at Jimin and he gave Jin his signature eyesmile and two thumbs up as he saw Jin nervous. Jin smiled back and waved after he gave a flying kiss when Namjoon wasn’t looking. Jimin laughed and pretended to catch the kiss and put it in his shirt pocket. 

 

Jimin started walking away to the Lamborghini that was parked outside. Jin looked at the toned muscular but lean body disappear in tot the dreary parking lot. 

 

Jin doesn’t know why he suddenly got emotional.  Jimin had been nothing but supportive of him when he was going through his own mental issues. His last boyfriend scarred him , leaving him completely shattered . If it wasn’t Jimin who had pieced him together , he would’ve still be in ruins shattered across. 

 

Jin doesn’t know how to repay Jimin’s kindness or how he will ever be able to.

 

Jin kept up with Namjoon who was guiding him through the asylum . Jin’s eyes moved around the place trying to know it better. 

 

They were in a yard and it was tidy , large and beautiful . It had fountains , benches and well- trimmed trees. The fountain in the middle was spitting water out beautifully and for a moment Jin forgot they were in a asylum not a nice place to take a picnic in. 

 

“ This is the Garden Area” Namjoon talked as he walked Jin through “ Everyday for a couple of hours , the residents come to the garden”

 

“ The residents are split in to 2 units and sections. Regular care and intensive care. Regular care has milder inmates but  schizophrenics , psychopaths and violent criminals are kept at Intensive care. We rarely let patients from IC to come out to the gardens …. they are difficult to handle”

 

Jin nodded and soaked in all the new information. Jin soon saw the two square buildings as he walked through the garden. They were equal in structure , facade and even colour. 

 

“ The building on the right is where the IC patients are . Each resident have their own cell as they could be ….. individualistic”

 

“ What do you mean individualistic ?”

 

“ ugh …. Its a professional term here used to call people bat crazy” Namjoon said making Jin giggle although they both knew it wasn’t a laughing matter. 

 

Af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter