birthday

Guns and Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Thats cute” Jimin said , randomly out of the blue. 

 

With a confused look on his face , Jin raised his eyebrow. “ What is ?”

 

“ The face you make when you are concentrated on doing something ” Jimin said , his hand propping up his face to look at Jin comfortably. “ thats cute”

 

Jin scoffed “ You and your flattery Jiminnie”

 

Jimin laughed and Jin resumed back to baking.It was Sunday and Sundays meant that it was bake day for Jin. Jin always thought baking was therapeutic and fun , specially after a week handling his patients. 

 

Usually Jin bakes to keep himself accompanied   as he is usually  alone in the house on Sundays. Being an idol, Sundays were the busiest day for Jimin unlike Jin because much of the variety show recording falls on this day. Nine out of ten times Jin is alone in the house to enjoy himself for a time alone. 

 

But today is one of those rare days Jimin is in the house on sundays. 

 

“ Its not flattery though” Jimin mumbled sulking. Jin laughed and walked over to where Jimin was sitting on the kitchen and cupped Jimin’s face in his hand. 

 

 

“ Aigoo aren’t you the sweetest boyfriend?” Jin cooed and Jimin’s pupils drowned in to a half crescent eyesmile as Jin peppered Jimin’s face with light kisses. 

 

 

Jin goes back to mixing his batter , today he had making chocolate chip cookies in his mind. He opened the chocolate chips bags and pop a handful of them in to his mouth.

 

“ I thought you’d be out all day… Your schedule is always packed on the weekends” Jin sounded mumbled in between chewing the chocolate chips he was suppose to put in to the batter.

 

“ I do but I took time off today” Jin heard Jimin stand up from where he was sitting to slowly walk towards him.

 

Jin’s heart dropped to his stomach. He knows why Jimin took a time off for the whole day today. Jin automatically  smiles  when he felt Jimin wrap his arms around his waist. 

 

“ What are you making?”

 

Jin looked in to the batter he was mixing to tell Jimin that he is making chocolate chip cookies and notice he was actually making chocolate cake instead.  

 

“ cake ..”

 

“ Cake?” Jimin sounded confused “ Cake for whom?”

 

“ Just … because” 

 

“Jin” Jimin sound grave “ Are you-“

 

“ No” 

 

“ Oh my god you are” Jimin immediately took his hands away from Jin like he touched something hot.  

 

“ Just because I made a cake doesn’t mean-” 

 

“ You cant lie to me Jin-“

 

“ I SAID ITS NOT FOR HIM” Jin shouted which threw Jimin off for a second. Jin wasn’t the type to scream. 

 

Jin stared at Jimin for what it felt like an eternity. Then Jin took the batter in the large bowl and threw it in to the sink and impulsively poured tap water all over it , ruining the cake batter. 

 

“ Jin ….” Jimin’s voice was timid and filled with guilt and unease. “ I am sorry, I am sorry …..I don’t know why I got sensitive over it” 

 

“ get out”

 

“ Jin …” Jimin said trying to enclose Jin in to a hug but Jin pushed Jimin away roughly. Jimin’s heart sank when he saw Jin’s eyes pooling up in tears , He didn’t mean for this to happen.  Jimin opened his mouth to say sweet nothings in to Jin’s ears to calm him down. 

 

                  But Jin was too tired.

 

    Tired of Jimin micromanaging everything in his life. He can live his own life without breaking apart but why does Jimin treat him like he will shatter any minute?

 

Jin knows why Jimin insisted to stay behind in the house. Jimin wanted to make sure Jin wasn’t thinking about Jungkook’s birthday, to make sure he was the only one in Jin’s mind.  

 

 

“ Get out of the house while I am being nice Jimin” 

 

 

 

 ________________________________________

 

PAST : High school. 

 

_________________________________________

 

 . 

 

Jungkook and Jin were not arch enemies at the beginning. 

 

Contrary popular belief they were best of friends. 

 

Jin has been taking care of Jungkook since he was just a 6 years old . They lived in the same orphanage together . Jungkook and Jimin attached themselves on to Jin from day one. Jungkook was more clingy  he followed Jin everywhere. Jin brushed it off as Jungkook seeking motherly affection from him. Jin was warm , kind in a motherly sort of way to Jungkook from the start.

 

When Jungkook reached puberty he realised his certain fondness about the older was in fact his romantic feelings. It wasn’t just a feeling he felt for a friend or anyone else 

 

Jungkook was a scrawny little seventeen year old  then  , his cheeks red with occasional pimple or two and eyes filled with hope. He was trying out for the football team for the first time.

 

That morning Jin came to the room Jimin and Jungkook shared in the orphanage as usual to wake them up. Jin’s room was conveniently right across Jimin and Jungkook’s . 

 

 Jin doesn’t have to wake Jimin up because he is usually timely . Jungkook being Jungkook , was still fast asleep .

 

“ Juuuungggggkooooooooook ”   Jimin’s  shrill voice woke Jungkook up but he turned about and cuddled in to his soft bet sheet and pillows .

 

“ You better get up you brat or else i’ll-“ JImin threatened,but  it never worked on Jungkook anyways. “ Yah at least wake up on your birthday you little brat !”

 

Jungkook only made a small noise in return. Jimin momentarily considered taking a cloths hanger and beat him up but his thoughts averted when he saw Jin. 

 

“ Oh look Jin hyung is here as well..”

 

Jin hyung ?? Jin hyung is here ?!

 

Jungkook jumped out of bed , not caring that his hair is untangled and his face might look like a atomic bomb in the morning. On his way down to see Jin , he saw Jin coming up to his room to wake him up. 

 

“Happy Birthday  sleepy head” Jin said with a blinding smile. 

 

Jungkook melted like sweet chocolate on a sunny day. Jin was in his school uniform , his hair neatly done. Jin had soft hazel eyes that matched his hair. Some might wonder if Jin’s hair is soft as it looks and Jungkook can answer that it is.. because Jungkook had run his finger over Jin’s hair over a million times 

 

  How can someone look this handsome when its about 6 O’clock in the morning?? 

 

Jungkook concludes thats its because Jin hyung is a fallen angel , who came to earth to protect him. 

 

“ Thanks hyung” He gave jin a goofy smile and scratched the back of his head. 

 

“ You ..um. Need to put clothes on” Jin said bursting in to light laughter making Jungkook realise that he got nothing but his Marvel bright red boxers on. Jin laughs at Jungkook as he frantically runs to the washroom 

 

Then he turns to Jimin and gives him a warm smile. “Good morning Jiminie”

 

 Jimin doesn’t return it , he was too busy packing up his bags for school. 

 

“ Are you ready for the Math test?” Jimin asks , it was his way of saying good morning. 

 

Jin knotted his eyebrows , Jimin used to be really sweet when he was a kid but recently he is acting super cold around him.

 

“ Are we ever ready for math ?” 

 

That made Jimin laugh , Jin’s heart soars because he was able to make Jimin Jimin is always grumpy in the morning. 

 

Jungkook quickly   brushes his teeth extra hard to wake him up properly. His sensitive gums were aching. He washed himself and put his foot ball gear on instead of his usual uniform attire . He opens the door for Jin who comes inside with a impressed look on his face. 

 

“ You look good in foot ball gear Jungkook” Jin compliments and Jungkook’s cheeks becomes red as the boxers he wore last night. 

 

 Jin comes over to give Jungkook a huge hug . Jungkook hugs back immediately. Jin hyung smelled like faint vanilla body wash like he always does , which was Jungkook’s favourite smell in the whole world. 

 

“ Good luck on football , ” Jin said loosening the hug. “ I am pretty sure you would get chosen for the school team”

 

“ ugghhhh hyuuuuung I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter