beautiful stranger

Guns and Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s breath was totally taken away when he saw taehyung enter his office. The only thing that screamed 'criminal' from this kid was his orange prison outfit. Jin had to take another look at his report file to confirm that this boy belong to this place where Korea’s most dangerous men reside. He had fading wild orange hair which resembled Jin of autumn leaves and a charming boxy grin. He looks like a good kid. 

 

“ Kim taehyung-isshi?” Jin extended his arm out for taehyung to shake , hoping ( and praying) that Taehyung was much easier to handle than Jungkook was

 

“ Are you my new doctor ?” Taehyung took his arm and shook it to Jin’s relief. 

 

Jin noted that Taehyung’s arms weren’t handcuffed like Jungkook’s were. Probably because taehyung is a less aggressive patient than jungkook 

 

“ Yes , I am” Jin said with a warm smile , gesturing Taehyung to sit down

 

“ Awesome… I was tired of that of a doctor I had”

 

Jin was taken back that taehyung cursed but what did Jin honestly expect? Taehyung was only nineteen but grew up in a rough violent neighbourhood. 

 

“ You mean Dr. Nam? Why ?” Taehyung’s and Jungkook’s strong distaste towards the same doctor intrigued Jin. 

 

“ He was a pain in the ” Taehyung said nonchalantly , and crossed his arms looking to the distance. From his body language , Jin conceded that Taehyung doesn’t want to talk about it . Jin didn’t press him to confess. 

 

“ You are a new patient to this facility. Where were you before?” Jin said picking his pencil up to note down taehyung’s symptoms. 

 

“ Free … Roaming the streets of seoul” Taehyung said almost dreamingly. 

 

“ Dealing drugs” Jin added without any malice. 

 

Taehyung stopped fiddling with his thumbs and looked at Jin with wide eyes, Then he bursted in to laughter. Jin joined moments later. 

 

Taehyung was genuinely impressed with Jin’s wit. No one in the asylum dared to talk back at him, not if they wanted to live anyway. Taehyung was slender but he ran the juvenile delinquency section of the asylum. He was  easily stronger and faster than any of his cellmates. 

 

“ Ah … that happens. Good money Good doc” Taehyung threw his hands up in the air carefree. 

 

“ Until you and your got caught” Jin interjected again making Taehyung laugh again. 

 

“ I like your energy doctor… Its refreshing” Taehyung said “ Its like you are really listening to what I am saying”

 

“ I got a Phd on listening Kim Taehyung” Jin said looking smug about it 

 

“ Just call me Taeyung” Taehyung said fondly

 

 

“ Okay Taehyunnie” Jin said with a cute smile , scribbling down something with his pencil.

 

Taehyung adjusted his collar on his orange jail uniform , It was getting hot in here for some reason. Usually Taehyung doesn’t tolerate talking back , or people asking too many questions. But something about Jin looked sincere . 

 

“ Someone set me up” Taehyung chocked his answer out of his throat. 

 

Jin looked up from scribbling on his notebook, and his eyes visibly softened. He kept a notepad down and reached for Taehyung’s hands that were trembling on top of the table. Taehyung’s initial reaction was to pull his hands back , but Jin’s hands were so warm against his. He decided to stay like that. 

 

“ That was how you ended up here?” Jin asked after a while , he was careful not to ask who set him up yet. 

 

Taehyung pursed his lips shut and Jin sighed. “ Did you do any medical examinations for-“

 

“ I didn’t do drugs doctor,  I just sold them for money. I am not crazy” Taehyung finally opened his mouth sounding desperate. “ Everybody here thinks I am-“

 

“ I trust you taehyung” Jin said almost immediately. He sincerely did , he wanted to believe his patient.  

 

Relief washed over taehyung’s face. “ I am not one of these lunatics. My only strange behaviour is that I love the smell of cash but don’t we all love the smell of cash doctor ?”

 

Jin didn’t know what to say. Money motivates everything.

 

“ Get me out of here doctor”  Taehyung said “ I am not insane !”  

 

 “ I will” Jin said  leaning closer “ When you prove me that you are sane , until then you are just as sane as anyone here” 

 

 

Taehyung pupils dilated and  violently pushed his hands back , Jin jumps back in to the edge of his seat surprised. The calmness taehyung possessed was gone, his eyes glistened with rage and hatred. 

 

Jin hurtingly flipped through Taehyung’s medical report, “ taehyung …” 

 

“ You like playing games doctor ? Pretending to know everything ? This is why I hate doctors … I never understood why we had to do this stupid sessions its not going  help anyways”  

 

Taehyung angrily shouted and stood up from his chair and paced around the room. Jin tensed in his seat when he heard taehyung pushed a pile of files off of his desk on to the floor, disorganised A4 papers of data all on the floor. Jin remembered that taehyung had anger management issues. Jin knew he was just going to get hurt trying to stop taehyung in his episode of violence. 

 

“ Streets are a difficult place to live” Jin sighed , looking at  taehyung tainting his white knuckles  red with blood by punching the iron work cupboard.  

 

“What do you know about living in the streets?” 

 

Taehyung said with sudden interest, his bloodied hands hanging limp to the either side of his body. Taehyung seemed to finally snap out of his intoxicated state of rage. 

 

Jin didn’t answer taehyung’s question , he reached to his desk drawer and pulled out a emergency first aid kit and sat taehyung down on a chair but pushing taehyung gently by his shoulders. 

 

“ I used to live in the streets until I was put in to the shelter home” Jin breathed , soaking a cotton ball with hydrogen peroxide. “ I know why you sold the drugs taehyung… I know how desperate things can get”

 

Taehyung hissed when Jin cleaned his wound like a kid. Jin giggled “ Tough skin , soft heart” 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter