Part 1

The party

Eunbi was lying on her bed. She tossed and turned, shifted to a more comfortable position but she can’t go back sleep after her roommate woke her to tell her that she’ll be out with a friend and that Eunbi doesn’t need to wait for her for dinner.


It’s already quarter before ten and she hasn’t got out of her bed to eat breakfast. She’s too lazy after all, so after a few more minutes of staring contest with the ceiling, Eunbi realized that she haven’t tasted her favorite froot loops that’s been sitting in her cup board for days.


Eunbi walked lazily, more like dragged herself towards the kitchen. She  opened the cup board and  different kind of emotions surged through her veins. 


“Choi Yuna!!! I’ll kill you!!!!” Eunbi yelled at the top of her lungs, distressed as her favorite cereal are nowhere to be found. Probably already been digested by her roommate. 


Eunbi huffed and grumpily walked back to her room. She’s too frustrated and hurt. She felt betrayed by her own roommate/best friend, didn’t know that Yuna ate all of her cereals without telling her.


She whined and complained a bit more about her best friend that she fell asleep without knowing. She woke up at the sound of her phone. 


5:41 pm
To: Eunbi
From: Yuna

Hey! I forgot to tell you that it’s Yewon’s birthday today. You can come for dinner if you like since there’s nothing to eat there.
Party’s starting at 7, you should totally come, Yewon would be glad if you do.


Eunbi just stared at her phone. 


“Of course there’s nothing to eat, you finished my cereal, you jerk!!!” she locked her phone and tossed it somewhere in her bed.


Thinking about the invitation, it wasn’t half bad, she can get to eat free food and see her favorite and cute junior, Yewon. She just have to endure the presence of her room mate since she decided not to talk to Yuna for a while. Unless Yuna gives her two boxes of her favorite cereal. But it’s Yuna we’re talking about. She probably forgot about it by now.

 

 


Eunbi was walking anywhere her instinct tells her to. It was so stupid of her to forgot where Yewon lives. She just got to visit the place once on freshman

year and that was two years ago. She fished her phone on her back pocket to call Yuna, as much as she doesn’t want to hear the voice of a traitor she doesn’t have a choice and besides, she’s starving. 


When she’s about dial Yuna’s number her phone died. 


And a few seconds after rain came down pouring.


“Great!!! Just when I’m about to enjoy free food this is what I get?!!!!!!” Eunbi complained at the dark sky.

She ran to the nearest bus stop to take shelter for a few minutes since she didn’t bring any umbrella with her. When the rain died down a little she decided to just go back home and just sleep her growling stomach. She reached for her keys.


And Sht her keys are nowhere inside her pocket.

Eunbi’s panicking, she searched her pockets, even herself for the nowhere to be found keys.


She’s to preoccupied by her search that she didn’t notice someone behind her.


“Yerin, didn’t I told you already that I’ll be back the day after tomorrow?.....Oh my gosh, you’re not asking me because you’ll take Sinb on our room, aren’t you? Goodness, just don’t do it on my bed please….I don’t want to see any stains on my bed. Yerin, I’m telling you-!“


Eunbi fell on the (ground) water puddle. 


“Oh my God!!! Are you alright?!! I’m so sorry!” the girl said. 


Still in shock because of what just happened (and because of the goddess in front of her). She snap back into a reality when she realized that the girl was repeating her question a dew times and a few 'Sojung!!! Sojung, what happed?!! Are you okay??!!' from what she assumes from the girl’s phone.


Eunbi looked at her surroundings and saw a few grocery bags scattered on the floor. she looked down and saw herself sitting on a water puddle. 


An stretched arm caught her attention. Eunbi stared at the hand in front of her.


“Let me help you” the girl said. Eunbi looked up and was blinded by the smile of the beauty.


“O-okay” still dazed, she just grabbed the girl’s hand and she was standing before she knew it. 


“I’m really sorry about that, I was too busy arguing with my friend that I didn’t pay attention to my surroundings.” The girl said with a small shy smile and Eunbi was sure she felt butterflies on her stomach.
“No, nonono. It’s fine.” Eunbi chuckled awkwardly and tugged her hair at the back of her ear. At least she returned a smile at the stranger but the less warming type, more like she was having a facial spasm.


The stranger giggled and Eunbi swore that her giggles was more beautiful and melodic than Yuna’s classical playlist.


She just stared at the strangers flawless face that she even saw that from smiling the stranger’s face went to extreme shock and horror as she eyes Eunbi’s clothes.


“Sht! I’m so, so sorry, now your clothes are all wet!!!!” the beautiful stranger panickly said. Her eyebrows knitted together as her eyes and hand search for a handkerchief.


And Eunbi found that cute. Too cute.


“I told you it’s fine.” Eunbi said as soft and firm as possible to reassure the stranger that it’s totally fine.

“Eh? Of course not! What if you’re on your way to somewhere just now? That you’re about to go to a party and I ruined your clothes?!!!!” the stranger said.


“How did you know that?” Eunbi said, she tilted her head to the side curiously. 


“What?!! You’re wearing something too beautiful just to tale a stroll and now that’s not good!!! You need to change your clothes!!!” the stranger pulled her away.


Eunbi stopped the girl in front of her. As much as she wants to go with the beautiful stranger, she doesn’t know her at all even her name.


The stranger seemed to get the point.


“Where’s my manners? I’m sorry about that, I just got carried away. Let me introduce myself, I’m Kim Sojung, I’m 23 years old and I just live around the corner” she reached for her wallet and took out her ID. “Here, you can even check my ID”


Eunbi took the ID and looked at it intently, Sojung looks really beautiful that she forgot to respond.
She handed it back, cleared .


“I’m Jung Eunbi, 21 years old.” She replied back and saw Sojung looking at her with a warm smile, her eyes looking straight at Eunbi’s that she didn’t help but to blush.


Sojung chuckled


“You’re cute” and Eunbi blushed harder.

 


They arrived at Sojung’s place after the latter convinced her that she needed to change her clothes for the party and that Sojung’s place are just nearby so Eunbi can just borrow one of her clothes which is two times larger than Eunbi. 


Since the older girl was too stubborn and looks harmless enough, Eunbi agreed.

And now that they are in front of Sojung’s gate, loud music playing, wild lights dancing and loud screams can be heard from outside.


And a huge banner saying ‘HAPPY BIRYHDAY YEWON!!!’ was hanging at the gate.


Eunbi stood dumbfounded. 


“Sorry about that, It’s my little sister’s birthday. Don’t mind them, let’s go change your clothes before you catch a cold and get late for the party you’re going to attend.”


What Sojung didn’t know this is exactly the party that Eunbi’s going to attend at.