I got closer to her

81 Pages

"Smile Taetae!"

 

A snap.

 

"Oh come on, Fany."

 

Another snap.

 

"But you look so cute here!"

 

A final snap.

 

"Now, lemme see that." Taeyeon snatched the polaroid from Tiffany. "What?! I look awful here!"

 

Taeyeon was forced by Tiffany to wear a full-body totoro costume which she rented from the souvenir shop that they passed by earlier.

 

"But you're cute, Taetoro!" Tiffany grinned from ear to ear.

 

"Taetoro?! First it's Taetae, now it's Taetoro. You really want to change my name so bad huh."

 

"Do you not want me to have endearment with you anymore?" The smile on Tiffany's face earlier was replaced with a pout.

 

"I-I... Just call me whatever you want." Taeyeon dramatically sighed in defeat.

 

"Yay! Let's go to other rides before the sun goes down." Tiffany's mood turned 180 degrees as she jump in glee to show her excitement.

 

"I won't do this if not for you." Taeyeon muttered under his breath.

 

"Hmm? You're saying something, Tae?"

 

"Nothing. Let's go to that merry-go-round that you really wanted to ride since we got here."

 

After going to different rides in the park, the two decided to take a break as they sit comfortably on the bench.

 

"We haven't eaten yet since we got here, Fany-ah. Aren't you hungry?"

 

As if on cue, someone's stomach growled.

 

"I guess so." Tiffany smiled cheekily and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

 

"Aigoo, cutie. Let's fill your tummy huh? I'll just go get something to eat." Taeyeon patted her head and left.

 

A few moments later, Tiffany got bored waiting for Taeyeon so she walked around a bit and found an old woman selling accessories on the corner.

 

"Hello there, young lady. What would you like to buy?" The old woman smiled at her.

 

She thought for a bit then said, "I'm looking for something that I can give to my friend as a present."

 

"Oh, is it the guy that you are with earlier?"

 

Tiffany's eyes went wide in surprise. "H-How did you know?"

 

"I had been watching you guys since you sat on that bench and talked for a bit. You do look good together."

 

"A-Aniyo... It's not that you think-"

 

"Here. Take this." The old woman put something on Tiffany's palm.

 

"What is this?"

 

"That's a pair of necklaces. The key and the lock. No one can open the lock except for the person who has the key. It's a good symbol of friendship."

 

"Wow. It's a perfect gift for Taetae." Tiffany muttered as she admired the beauty of the necklaces. "How much is it?"

 

"You can have it for free. It's my pleasure to talk to a beautiful girl like you."

 

"Thank you, Ahjumma." Tiffany bowed to the old woman. "I'll make sure to give this to my friend when he comes back." She smiled then left.

 

Good thing she bought the meaning of that pair of necklaces. When in fact, whoever wore those will end up falling deeply in love with each other. The old woman said to herself and smiled.

 

When Tiffany came back to the bench, Taeyeon was already there waiting for her.

 

"Where did you go, Fany-ah? Can't ease the hunger?" Taeyeon teased.

 

"Sort of." She chuckled while holding the necklaces on her jean's pocket. "Wtf?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean, where's the food?"

 

"Oh..." Taeyeon chuckled and got two footlongs and sodas in his hands. "This is for you." Then gave one to Tiffany.

 

"Thanks. This looks pretty good huh."

 

"And tastes even better." Taeyeon wiggled his brows.

 

"How did you know?"

 

"I ate one before going back here." The guy smiled cheekily.

 

"You cheater! I only got one and you got two?!" Tiffany huffed then took a big bite on her food.

 

"That's why I got you this." Taeyeon gave the gellato to her. "Am I forgiven?"

 

"Okay, forgiven." Tiffany nodded while blushing.

 

"Aww. You don't need to blush. I know I'm so kind and generous." Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"You wish."

 

Taeyeon was the first one to speak after they finished eating. "Hey, wanna see the firework show tonight before we go home? It will start in about an hour."

 

"Sure." Tiffany thought that will be a good timing to give him his present.

 

"Hey, what's on your jeans?" Taeyeon pointed her jean's pocket.

 

Oh my gosh! He knew?! He saw the necklaces?! Tiffany thought.

 

"U-Uhh..."

 

"Oh, the sauce from your footlong. You messy eater."

 

Taeyeon got a tissue and was about to wipe the mess when Tiffany snatched the tissue from him.

 

"I'll do it." Phew, that was close.

 

They toured around the park while waiting for the firework show when they passed by a game booth which gives a huge unicorn plush as the grand prize.

 

"Taetae! Can you get me that one?" Tiffany pointed the plush.

 

"The unicorn one? Okay I'll buy it." Taeyeon was about to get money from his pocket when a staff spoke to them.

 

"Nu-uh! You can't just buy that one. You need to play our game and if you win, your girlfriend will have the unicorn that she wants." The staff wiggled his brows while Tiffany blushed at the word 'girlfriend'.

 

"Bring it on." Taeyeon also wiggled his brows. "What should I do?"

 

"You just need to pop that small pink balloon at the center of the dartboard with only one dart, and you win." The staff handed him the dart. "Good luck man."

 

"You can do it Taetae! I love you!" Tiffany cheered at the back.

 

You and the things you do to me, Fany-ah. Taeyeon smiled while feeling his fast heartbeat.

 

"On the count of three,

 

One...

 

Two..."

 

"Yes!" Taeyeon pumped his fist in the air as he successfully popped the ballon.

 

"Yay! You did it, Tae!" Tiffany suddenly hugged Taeyeon which startled him.

 

"Okay, lovebirds. Here's your prize." The staff gave the unicorn plush to Taeyeon. "Congratulations!"

 

"Thank you." Both Taeyeon and Tiffany smiled to him.

 

"Stay strong!" He shouted before they left.

 

"We will!" Taeyeon shouted back then chuckled. "For you." He handed the plush to Tiffany and showed his chin dimple.

 

"Thank you, Taetae. You're so sweet." Tiffany in return showed her famous eyesmile.

 

Suddenly, they heard noises from above so they look up to see different fireworks coloring the night sky.

 

"Wow." They said in unison.

 

Tiffany remembered the necklace that she's supposed to give to Taeyeon so she called him.

 

"Taetae?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I have something to give to you."

 

• Fourth Page •

 

I became closer to her.

 

I'm here at my usual place in school, the library, when someone covered my eyes with their hands.

 

"Guess who?"

 

I don't need to guess who it is because I am very familiar with those long, slender hands and that sweet strawberry smell coming from her.

 

"Hmm... is this an old and loud ahjumma?" I decided to play with her antics.

 

"Yah!" Tiffany pinched my shoulder and hit it afterwards. "I hate you." She glared before taking the seat in front of me.

 

I chuckled and shook my head in amusement before opening another book in front of me, I need to finish my project before the deadline which is Monday next week. It's already Wednesday and I still haven't started it. Damn.

 

"Hey Architect, what are you busy at?" She scanned the pile of books beside me.

 

Over a month of friendship, we just realized each other's majors. Me, taking up Architecture, while she majors in Photography.

 

"I haven't thought of a good design for my project and I'm running out of time. Deadline's Monday."

 

"Not alone~ not alone~" She sang randomly which made me look up at her.

 

"I'm also cramming for my project, but deadline's next Wednesday. It's just... I can't find a model for my theme." She shook her head and sighed.

 

"What theme?"

 

"Summer season. Since I was born in summer, I decided to use it as my theme. But... I can't capture myself, right? It's against my prof's mechanics, so I need to find a model."

 

"Why not me?"

 

"Y-You?"

 

"Yeah." I showed my chin dimple to her and fixed my hair. "I got a lot handsome genes here."

 

"B-But..."

 

"But what?"

 

"Y-You're busy on your project... and... d-do you know how to model?" She hesitantly said.

 

"Well... I haven't experienced that but I think we can work on that. Besides, I need a break to clear my mind off these things." I pointed the books on rhe table. "What do you say?"

 

"I don't want to be a bother to you." She mumbled under her breath, but still audible.

 

"Trust me. You are never a bother to me. I want to help you." And so that I can see that beautiful eyesmile of yours again.

 

~

 

"One, two, three."

 

A Snap.

 

"Woah, daebak. I never knew you can look real good." She said while showing her eyesmile.

 

"Just good-looking genes running in the family." I wiggled my brows.

 

"One last shot and we can go home, okay?"

 

"Call!"

 

After finishing the photoshoot and finalizing her project, we went to a nearby restaurant to fill our stomachs.

 

"Taetae?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I have something to give to you."

 

"What is it?"

 

She looked down for a moment and took a deep breath before looking up and handed me a medium-sized box.

 

"Is there a ring inside this box? Fany-ah, I'm supposed to be the one proposing to you." I to ease the awkwardness in the atmosphere.

 

"Yah!" She slapped my hand then crossed her arms while blushing madly.

 

"Alright, alright. Can I open this now?"

 

"Go on." She nodded.

 

When I was able to do so, my eyes widened from what I saw.

 

"Fany-ah, but your project..."

 

Apparently, she gave me some of my pictures for today's photoshoot. And I tell you man, she's a real expert in capturing photos.

 

" I-I developed two copies of that. And I-I just thought that maybe, you might want to have some good pictures of yourself. And it serves as a t-thank you gift for helping me in this project."

 

Aww, she's co cute stuttering like that- Kim Taeyeon. Get a hold of yourself.

 

"Do you like it?"

 

"Like it? I love it, Fany-ah. Thank you for taking these pictures for me." I smiled and showed her my chin dimple.

 

~

 

"Close your eyes, Tae. Don't you dare peek." Tiffany said and Taeyeon immediately complied.

 

The girl went behind him and gently put the lock necklace she had bought.

 

"Okay, done!"

 

Taeyeon's hand went to hold the necklace. "A lock pendant?"

 

"Yep. This certain ahjumma said that the lock and key necklaces are good symbols of friendship."

 

"Then where is the key?"

 

"Here." Tiffany showed him the necklace on her neck. "No one can ever open the lock in your necklace except for mine."

 

"So you want to lock me for yourself for the rest of our lives?" Taeyeon grinned at her.

 

"Of course." Tiffany grinned back at him and they both chuckled.

 

"But really, thank you for this, Fany-ah. I love it."

 

"You're welcome."

 

~

 

A/N: Aaaaand I'm back! Sorry for being MIA this past few months guys, been busy about school and such 😆 But thankfully I'm on vacation now so I can update my stories more often 😁😍 This chapter is probably the longest I've written so far. Please keep on supporting my stories! xoxo