Day 53

Against The Current
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chloe POV (If you haven't already noticed, this story is going to mostly be from Chloe's POV)

....

March is coming to an end and we are finishing filming for our secret track. I've finished studio recording for my solo promotions and am currently preparing to sit down with marketing and other management to finalize detail for my official solo debut possibly in February of next year, but there was also talk of 'leaking' a sample track. We were also debating on turning it into a campaign against abuse and to bring awareness to mental health issues, as these songs revolve around an abusive relationship and my struggle with depression, body dysmorphia, anorexia nervosa, and the effects of my attempted suicide. I've been pushing for it, but management isn't sure if a political campaign is good for a solo debut. But, Jay has been for it from the start so I'm not too concerned about marketing and management's opinion because Jay's the boss.

BB have been super supportive, too. They've come to every rehearsal and recording, even to the photo shoots. I'm grateful for their support in this massive step in my career, and my growth. Over the past few weeks we've kept in contact with BTS, which at first was kind of surreal, but now getting a random meme sent to our group chat we made from Taehyung was nothing short of normal. Honestly, I feel like Blair and Taehyung enjoy torturing us with their little 'meme wars' as they call it, Yoongi sometimes leaves the chat if they start up. However, due to their upcoming comeback and our busy schedules to prepare for our Mnet debut, we haven't been able to see each other in person. 

"Yah, Clover, where's my Fender?" Bailey stuck her head into the little dance studio that had suddenly become mine. 

"Uhhh..." I shrugged, although I was in the middle of stretching. She huffed and went hunting through the closet in the far corner, but eventually left when she didn't find her bass. I continued to stretch my legs, using the doorframe to do a standing split. Once I was done I fiddled around with my stereo system, playing my song Yes Girl. I was still choreographing it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to have choreo in the mv that I had planned the concept for already.

Hours into my rehearsal, I'm so emersed in the music that I don't realize someone has been in the small practice room watching me, waiting for me to notice them until I look up and meet their eyes in the mirrored wall in front of me. 

"Oh!" I jump in shock, spinning on my heels to face the young woman who was sitting on the bench. I quickly bow to her. "I'm sorry, do you need the practice room? I've been in here for a while, now," I say as I turn off the music. 

"No, actually, Jay ssi called me the other day and informed me that you might need some help choreographing?" The girl said, "You are Song Chloe, yes? I'm Mina from 1Million Dance Studio."

"Ah, yes. Jay Oppa told me he had asked for someone to come help me. I completely forgot," I greet her properly and we began to assess the choreography I already had. Mina told me she liked my dance style, which thankfully was similar to her own. Which is probably why Jay chose her specifically. By that evening we had finished the choreography for Yes Girl, and we had started working on Song Like You, which would be one of three songs in my first EP, titled Chapter 1: Blue. 

"I think what your doing is amazing, Chloe. Honestly, Korea doesn't have a good system for mental health, even though suicide is so prominent in our youth," Mina si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter