The confession.

My Capricorn Prince; My green tea

 

“I am going to woo you.” The guy beside her said as he poked her hand with one end of his pen.

Haneul looked at him, widening her eyes. The light from the sun seemingly to fall on her as she feel her face heating up.

Seobi stick her head out from Haneul’s back, her crescent shape eye narrowing as she checked out the guy that just confessed to her best friend.

It’s her first day of school as a freshman in the most prestigious university in the district, Yu-g University.  The university was a private school, hence the reason why half of the students here are either heir to multimillion business company or sons and daughters of some renowned family. Of course, there are exceptions of the over achieving students or those who apply for those un-popular courses.

Like the course she wss in, astronomy studies, was a good example.

The teacher continued scribbling away on the board in front of the classroom, absolutely oblivious to what is happening at the back. Haneul turned her head to face the guy who confessed to her, wanting to act as if she didn’t care, but right when she saw him, she regretted.

His slightly messed up hair, the way he dress, his lips and his cheeks all seemed to shine under the sunlight, radiating warmth; almost making him irresistible. For some reason, though she was pretty sure this was the first time she met him, he seemed so familiar to her.

Pabo, no way, do not even think about it. She shakes her thoughts away and looked at him, blinking her eyes for a few times before placing her hand on his forehead, “Mr., are you having a fever or something?”

“What?!” He looked at her before breaking into fits of laughter, that was the lousiest way to reject someone in Yu-g. “Nope, I am not having a fever.” He took her hand from his forehead after laughing and smiled gently at her.

Surprised by his actions she hurriedly pulled her hands back and wipe it by her skirt, not knowing what to say. The guy then held his hand out and smiled, “Nice to meet you Yoo Haneul, I am Lee Kiseop.”

“Keke… nice to meet you.” She smiled softly in respond and scribbled away in her note book, holding her head down trying to avoid looking into Kiseop’s eyes; afraid that she might succumb to the passion within them. The sudden confession, especially on her first day makes her unable to think straight, not willing to admit that he had stirred her heart.

“Nice to meet you too!” Seobi interjected and held out her hands to shake Kiseop’s hands in attempt to break the awkward situation.

<:>

Maybe our fate had been decided a long time ago… at the moment you left. My hand that you left hanging in the air, made my heart skipped a bit. As I expected, you didn’t recognize me at all. No matter how much the warning bell in my head rings telling me that you probably had forgotten me, I just can’t forget you. No, I am not going to give up. I am seriously going to scold you when you remember me though, Pabo. How could you let her hold my hand so easily...? I promised you that your hand would be the only one I hold do you remember…? You even pulled on my ear to make sure I promised that… is our memories really that easy to forget?

<:>

 

The lunch bell rings throughout the school as students rushed out from their classes. It’s the first day of school, which means it’s time for the freshman to sign up for their club activity and class modules. The class modules for the study of astronomy are only separated into two groups.

1)      Astronomy development; apparently revision for whatever that was learnt in the class. Instantly, a long line of student was seen.

2)      The psychology of a astronomy; one look at the title shows that nothing learned inside the module will be tested in exam, hence the current count of people choosing it is O .

“Haneul ah, which do you want to pick?” Seobi held onto her arm pulling her towards the class modules choosing section.

“What do you want?” She replied in a calm voice that showed she is in no rush.

“Psh, you know I will just follow you everywhere.” Seobi laughed and stick her tongue out at her.

She then smiled a knowing smile before looking at the paper with on her hand.

“This,” she pointed to the Astronomy psychology while at the exact same moment, another hand pointed at it too.

Same words, same direction. The girls turned around to look at who is it.

“Oh, it’s you Kiseop.” Seobi smiled, recognizing the guy first.

“What a coincidence.” He greeted cheerfully, a wide smile on his face as his gaze once again landed on Haneul.

Noticing this Seobi chuckled, “Is it really a coincidence?” she asked in a teasing voice. Psh I am not that dumb. Just after you say you want to woo her, the coincidence happen?

Just then a guy appears from behind Kiseop and shouted, breaking Seobi away from her train of thoughts “Yo! Remember me?”

“Of course!” Seobi chuckled, her crescent eyes sparkling with delight.

Kevin waited excitedly; glad that someone actually remembers hi—“You are Sunghoo right? I was laughing so badly just now when you wrote your name as Sunghyun”  at that, he almost fainted.

Kevin glared at her “Yah!!! Aish do you even know how to read Korean?!” he messed up his hair in frustration as both Seobi and Kiseop breaks out in laughter “Is it so funny?!” he pouted and locked his arm around Kiseop’s neck, messing Kiseop’s hair up “laugh more laugh more.”

Seobi stood there, folding her arms and looking at them in confusion.

“Arasso arasso, I wouldn’t laugh anymore” Kiseop said, trying to stifle his laughter and after Kevin let go of him, he patted Seobi’s head “You better hurry back to mars, its dangerous here on earth”

“Huh?” Seobi who was still confused merely tilt her head and look at him, isn’t mars very far? How am I supposed to get there?

“Aren’t we going to sign up?” Haneul said breaking up their nonsense, “Time’s running late, let’s go” without hesitation, she grab Seobi’s hand, pulling her away towards the registration.

Behind them, Kiseop is still looking at them with a smile, “Kevin, let’s go too.”

On that day, as the sunset shines into the school crowded hall, washing it in its crimson red light, the module Astronomy psychology has 4 more applicants.