The Finalists

The Ring of Fire

A swarm of wizards filed into a large ballroom, gasping as they saw a beautiful ring floating in the center. It emanated a pearly blue and fiery orange. Some students had to cover their eyes, struggling to embrace the beautiful figure.

"It's beautiful..." One wizard whispered, captivated by its golden glow. 

As everyone took their seats, the three Heads swiftly entered, matching their steps.

"Today's the day." Doojoon muttered under his breath, the other wizards nodding. "Good luck to all of you." Leeteuk said pleasantly, before parting to sit with his ELFs. Onew nodded at the B2uty Head and slipped into the crowd, searching for Jonghyun.

Doojoon was to make the first draw that day. He would be the first to announce the Chosen Applicants for his House. He was nervous and excited at the same time, new emotions brewing inside of him.

He was ready for anything and everything.

 


 

Step up to the platform...

The three Heads stood on the floorboard, bowing their heads and holding their wands across their chests.

Do you swear to play by the rules of the Ring.... To not challenge the Fire..... And to never question it?

"I do." They all chorused.

Then step up Yoon Doojoon, Head of all B2utys.... And seal your fate.

This was it.

It was time.

Doojoon tried not to tremble as he set down his wand, balancing on one knee. He swiftly bowed his head, holding out his hands. The soft beat of his heart hung against his chest.

"Please, Ring of Fire...." He could feel all of the students' stares burn into his back, and gulped before continuing, "Be honest and fair. Who is worthy of your tournament? Who is worthy of your our boastful power and energy?"

He could've said more, but the fire on the walls of the Ring brightened and let off a soft hiss.

He abruptly stopped.

Something about this Ring brought so much fear in him. It seemed to be unbearable. His hands continued to shake as he felt a piece of paper land on his unfolded palms. He slowly opened his eyes, staring down at the delicate sheet of white rice paper.

"Thank you..." He mumbled before gripping his wand and stepping down.

Who are the two Chosen Applicants representing B2uty, young Doojoon?

Doojoon fumbled with the paper as he unfolded it, his eyes widening as he read the two names scribbled across.

"Lee Gikwang and Lee Seo Yeon."

A soft gasp was heard from both of the applicants, as a clatter of a wand hitting the marble ground echoed throughout the room.

After all, Lee Gikwang and Seo Yeon.. were siblings.

 


 

Onew stopped for a moment.

He was actually afraid of the results.. of what would happen.

Most of all, he was afraid of his own reaction.

The Ring patiently waited for him, its glow warm and welcoming. He quietly mumbled a word of thanks before holding his right hand out, tightly gripping his wand with the other. The paper landed on his hands like feathers, and it made him flinch in surprise. He hesitantly unfolded the pieces of paper, not really sure of what to expect.

Don't expect too much....

As he saw the first name appear, his eyes widened.

Could it be, really?

He looked at the name written beside it.

The letters were unmistakable. It was there.

"Lee Jinki and Choi Hyomin."

Onew released a grin, proud that he had been chosen. His worries were drowned out, and tears of joy nearly escape his lids.

Then, out of nowhere, Hyomin boldly stepped up to the platform and stood beside him. She softly removed the paper from his hands, scanning it.

"I...I can't believe it..."

Onew smiled, his happiness unmistakable. "That makes two of us."

 


 

 

Leeteuk was calm. Nothing ran through his mind as he received the delicate sheet of rice paper.

Indeed, he applied for the tournament. However after seeing one Head and Succeeder take the positions, he wondered if an average wizard of no particular ranking would be chosen. It was a reasonable guess, taking his research on the previous Ring of Fire tournaments. He took a sideways glance at Donghae, who was smiling and urging him to announce the applicants. Then he turned towards Hyunae, his best friend since forever.

He unfolded the paper, a little quicker than the other two heads. His determination to see what was written let his heart skip a beat. He seemed pleasantly surprised with what he read.

"Cho Kyuhyun and Park Hyunji."

He eyed Kyuhyun as the younger male's mouth dropped open. So I was right, Leeteuk smirked. He was chosen.

Leeteuk gave a small smile to Hyunji, who couldn't believe the results.

"Good luck," Leeteuk felt a grin tug at his lips. "I believe in you two."

 


Congratulations Seoyeon, Hyomin and Hyunji.

You have been Chosen.