FINAL TEASER: mismatched

The Ring of Fire

B2UTY

"Argh!" Gikwang was snapped to the right as wizards shoved past him. "WATCH IT! I'M A SUCCEEDING HEAD! PAY SOME RESPECT WILL YOU?" No one listened to him as they continued to push him towards the ground, "AISH! HYUNG!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!"

Doojoon didn't pay attention as he scanned his clipboard.

That's all he's been doing, all day. Gikwang muttered in his mind. Looking at the clipboard and asking a bunch of girl wizards if they want to join the tournament.

Gikwang angrily stood up and snatched the clipboard away, leaving a frustrated Doojoon. "HEY! Give it back!!" Doojoon reached for his board, but Gikwang only tucked it away. Doojoon, unhappy and extremely tired from talking, pulled out his wand and whispered the words: "Leviosa..."

Quickly and swiftly, the clipboard landed back in Doojoon's hands.

"HEY!" Gikwang yelped, crossing his arms. He sighed in defeat, "This ..."

"We NEED more girl applicants, Gikwang." Doojoon muttered. "What about the guys?!" He argued. He quickly took a glance around the room and found a B2uty standing in the corner. He quickly pointed, "What about HIM?!"

Doojoon turned his head and saw Hyunseung fiddling with his wand.

"..."

He silently went across the room and spoke to the lonely wizard.

Gikwang carefully watched as Hyunseung slowly developed a smirk.

A smirk.

 

SHAWOL

Onew stared at Gikwang, the Succeeding B2uty Head, watch Doojoon silently discuss something with Hyunseung. He frowned as he stood there, in the middle of the Wizard Train Station.

Why were they here?

Tons of wizards pushed back and forth, struggling to reach their train... However, due to his status, the other wizards knew not to lay a finger on him.... After all, he was the Shawol Head. He even had a badge on his chest to prove it.

Jonghyun silently crept up behind him, stopping when he was a foot away.
"They're recruiting."

Onew nodded, "I know."

Silence befell them, as Onew continued to glare at the three B2utys.

"Don't you think it's a bit early?" Jonghyun said, trying to break the awkwardness.

"Exactly."

"Then what do we do?"

Onew finally turned his head, "We recruit as well."

Jonghyun nodded once, "I met a couple girls. They wanted to apply and I encouraged them to do so."

Onew only turned his head away in response.

This was awkward. Strange.

Onew NEVER acted so cold and distant before.

Never.

 

ELF

Kyuhyun stepped off the train and saw two Shawols having a very awkward moment. He noticed it was Onew, who was staring very carefully at a trio of B2utys. Then Jonghyun, who was having a tricky time gaining his Head's attention.

The young wizard shrugged his shoulders and proceeded towards the Exit. 

"KYUHYUN!!"

He turned around to see Donghae, the Succeeding ELF Head.

"I've been looking all over for you! Where were you?"

"I just came back from Seoul. I was visiting my parents."

"How did it go?"

"It was fine," He responded nonchalantly. "I showed them a couple magic tricks and treated them to dinner. Nothing crazy."

Donghae cocked an eyebrow, "And you performed magic for them... at home, right?"

Kyuhyun frowned, "Of course!! I'm not stupid!"

"I'm just saying! Your parents are muggles, we have to keep extra caution!"

"Are you saying my parents aren't trustworthy?" Kyuhyun threatened, reaching for his wand. Donghae raised his hands in surrender, "Whoa there, wizard. I'm just being honest. The last thing on my mind is getting in a fight with you."

"Then what do you want?" He responded curtly.

"Look at you," Donghae teased. "Getting all crabby."

"Just get on with it, I need to study."

"Alright, alright.... Well, you're one of the strongest wizards. You're great with the wand and all the teachers love you."

"...And so..?"

"I want you to apply for the Ring of Fire."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened, and he burst out laughing. "ME?! RING OF FIRE?! NO!!" Donghae crossed his arms, "This isn't funny, Kyu. And I'm being hundred percent serious. I want you to apply. Leeteuk even personally recommended you."

Kyuhyun lightly shuffled his feet in nervousness, and Donghae couldn't help but smirk. "I'll think about it." He responded, averting his eyes.

Donghae smiled, "Good."

It was good to have a variety of wizards. Some that were strong and some that were creative.

This was the tactic Leeteuk used for Wizard competitions, and most of the time it worked.

As he said: "It's always good to be..

Mismatched."