1.1

My Solace Is You

There was nothing that he liked more than to sleep in, curled underneath his favorite blanket and bask in the warmth it provided him. He always felt safe here in the dark and quiet. Nothing bothered him while he was asleep. His worries or problems, they all vanished. His demons rested as well, they needed it too if he had remembered correctly, but he wasn't all too bothered with them. He had grown accustomed to their cries and wails and sometimes he even wanted them around. He tried drowning them once before but they just learned to swim so he let them be. 

His alarm rang, but he ignored it. He just wanted to sleep. Well, he always wants to sleep, but today was different. He felt heavy and actually tired for once. He didn't feel like getting up. He didn't feel like doing anything. All he wanted to do was sleep. And it wouldn't affect him in any way if he just took the whole day to lay in bed and do absolutely nothing.

But that was crushed when Namjoon entered his room, low voice booming. "Yoongi, it's time to wake up. It's almost noon. You didn't go to class today, did you? Hyung?" He groaned, sitting up slowly. "Whoa, You look like death. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Yoongi lied through his teeth. He wasn't fine at all, but would he ever tell Namjoon that. No. If anything the younger should know that nothing was alright. They had know each other long enough to see when they were lying or even hiding under false pretenses.

"You know sleeping isn't going to help you. Try getting up. Jin hyung is making lunch, come eat with us." Namjoon smiled sadly, hanging onto the edge of the door. "Don't forget to put on some clean clothes and take your vitimans. I'll see you in a bit."

"Yeah." Was all Yoongi could respond with. He didn't agree that he would be down to eat or that he would put on clean clothes, but sure he would get out of bed at least. The door was closed and he was left alone once again. He sighed, tossing the covers off himself. He rolled out of bed, hitting the floor with a solid 'thump.' "Hmmmm." He groaned, relishing in the feel of the cold hard wood floor beneath him. It felt even better than his bed, almost as if this is where he belonged. He would've stayed there, the dirt keeping him company, but it gave him a weird sense of comfort and he didn't like it. He stood much slower than he should've have, stumbling over to his closet. He was glad that his wardrobe described how he felt, dark, dirty, and void of all color.

He could hear Hoseok telling him that he needed some brightness in his life and offering him half of his clothes. If he had felt somewhat like himself, Yoongi would've laughed and told the younger to switch him hoodies. The purple one that was twice his size was his favorite, it smelled like Hoseok and it was warm (he wore almost every day in the winter as his small frame practically got hypothermia from the slight chill) enough to heat him up. But he did not feel at all like him and would much prefer to look how he felt; dark, dirty and void of all color. 

He slipped on a black hoodie that had the words 'Good Lie' printed in white on the front. He didn't bother changing his shorts, why would he need too. He wasn't going out today or tomorrow or maybe the day after as well. He wasn't looking forward to seeing the rest of his roommates. They would probably ignore what he looked and felt like, not intentionally he knew that, but he would have hoped that they could see what was wrong with him. He almost wished Taehyung would barge into his room and try to make a joke or get him moving, but then he didn't want to be bothered with his bright box smile and be reminded that he couldn't smile like that or joke around with the younger. He sighed, walking out of his room, waiting for the moment he could go back to sleep.