Good Night

Infinite Kids

A/N: Hi guys! I hope there are still readers out there who would be interested to read this even though I take too long to update. Thank you for your patience!

--

 


Myungsoo and Sungjong had had a long day.

It was a good thing that the group was currently on hiatus and that they didn't have any individual schedules for this week, because Myungsoo and Sungjong had enough worries to think about.

They could have used their free time to rest and relax before the preparations for their next comeback begin, but instead they are unexpectedly faced with something they never thought they will experience while they are still young and still living their idol lives: Parenthood (well, kind of).

It's only been a day, yet it felt like the day had stretched for so long.

After enough tantrums, toy fights, and diaper changes (Sungjong will forever remember the look on Myungsoo's face when he first changed Sunggyu's diaper after their baby leader decided it was time to defecate), the hyungs were finally exhausted. 

After dinner, Myungsoo and Sungjong set up a makeshift bed, composed of three layers of thick comforters and lots and lots of pillows, in the living room so they could all sleep there together (just like their debut days). They both find it easier to watch their hyungs sleep like that and not worry about them falling from their beds, especially Sunggyu.

Dongwoo, Hoya and Woohyun had fallen fast asleep right after they brushed their teeth and changed into their pajamas (which Myungsoo had fortunately bought as well). They were the most hyper ones earlier in the day, so it's not surprising that they are the ones to be asleep fast.

Sungyeol had insisted on finishing the cartoon show he was watching before he would go to sleep, so Myungsoo and Sungjong let him, too tired to lecture him about children needing to sleep early.

Myungsoo and Sungjong were now sitting on the couch dead tired and fully drained.

Sungjong was lightly tapping on baby Sunggyu's thighs as their leader was busy drinking his milk, eyes fluttering as he struggles to stay awake to finish the bottle.

"Sungjongie~" Myungsoo murmured with closed eyes.

"Yes, hyung?" Sungjong answered tiredly.

"I was searching for a way to turn our hyungs back to normal a while ago and I found someone who might be able to help us." 

"Really, hyung?" Sungjong's eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

"Yeah. He's kind of hard to find if one isn't particularly looking into the kind of problem that we have."

"How can we meet him?"

"I've contacted him earlier and I told him about our problem. He didn't laugh at me or thought that I was talking nonsense. Instead, he told me that he might be able to help but that he needed to see our hyungs for himself."

"Let's go meet him tomorrow, then." Sungjong has never been so eager to meet someone before this.

"About that. . . " Myungsoo turned from his seat so he could face Sungjong, "that person lives far away from here." Myungsoo couldn't help but sound disappointed.

"Well, we don't have any other options, and we don't have that much time. We can at least try that out." Sungjong says hopefully.

Myungsoo considered for a while and then he sighed as he finally decided, "Let's go tomorrow." 

 


"Mommy, I'm sleepy." Little Sungyeol said as he went towards Sungjong, rubbing his drowsy little eyes.

He had already turned the TV off when the end credits started rolling.

Sungjong's attention shifts to the little kid who was half-sleeping while standing in front of him.

"Come here, hyung.." Sungjong held both of Sungyeol's sides as he guided him towards the space he fixed for the toddler to sleep in.

Sungyeol removed his cute slippers from his tiny feet to settle into the makeshift bed.

"Mommy, can you sing me Barney's song before I fall asleep?" Sungyeol looks at Sungjong with big innocent hopeful eyes.

Sungjong looks at Myungsoo and the visual just smiles and nods his head once.

'Ugh. The things I do for Sungyeol hyung' Sungjong grumbles inside his head.

Sungjong inhales deeply before he started singing,
'~I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug 
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?~'

"I love you, mommy." Little Sungyeol murmurs sweetly.

"I-I love you too, hyung." Sungjong felt his cheeks get warm with his hyung's sudden declaration of affection.

Sungjong heard Myungsoo giggle from where he was seated, and before Sungjong can glare at him, Sungyeol murmured again.

"Where's my kiss, mommy?" Sungyeol asked, now struggling to keep his eyes open.

"W-what?" was all Sungjong could say.

"And my great big hug?" Sungyeol added.

"Hyung, can't you just sleep already?" Sungjong whispered not loud enough for Sungyeol to hear.

Sungjong clicked his tongue and went to hug Sungyeol. He also kissed his forehead so he could go to sleep already.

"Daddy.." Sungyeol called Myungsoo and both Myungsoo and Sungjong knew what their hyung was asking for with just that word. It was Myungsoo's turn to give him a kiss and great big hug.

It was Sungjong's turn to giggle as he faced Myungsoo. He wanted to see what Myungsoo would do with Sungyeol's request.

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders as if to show that it's not a big deal to him and went to give Sungyeol a kiss on the forehead and a big hug.

"Good night, hyung." Myungsoo said after the hug.

"Aren't you gonna kiss mommy too?"

Myungsoo and Sungjong both stiffened at their hyung's question and looked at each other for a few seconds before they quickly averted each other's gazes.

'When is this hyung really gonna fall asleep??' Sungjong yells inside his head.

Sungjong was too busy cursing at Sungyeol in his mind that he didn't notice Myungsoo going towards him until the older was already hugging him. Sungjong felt warmth in Myungsoo's embrace and it gave him fuzzy feelings.

When Myungsoo let go, he gave Sungjong's forehead a quick kiss and a soft 'Good night, Jongie' and left to go to his side of the bed, which was beside Dongwoo at the opposite end.

After a while, the dorm that had been noisy all throughout the day has finally become peaceful and calm with nothing but soft snores and even breathing can be heard.

Sungjong was tired and sleepy, but he doesn't think he would be able to sleep just yet. Not with what just happened.

 

 

---
A/N: Am I making Sungyeol's character too cringey here? Please do tell me so I can stop him lol xD