Chapter 2

Sequel of Ridiculous Promise : Adorkable Aunties

When GFriend filming their performance, as usual it's Buddy's turn to sitting Geon. That toddler is sort of Buddy's big boss, he mastering Buddy Fan Chant, he yell as loud as he can. Buddy also always eager to spoil him and love to let him sit on their shoulder so he will stand out higher among them, it's Buddy's favourite sweet prank for the girls, because it somehow force the girls to extra hold themself to keep focus on their performance than to laugh or even to run down from the stage to their adorable nephew.

 

After finish their schedule at TV station, GFriend's next schedule is at outdoor off-air event at particular university. At that sort of event, usually the girls will strolling around to try delicious snacks from stalls. That time is also the same, they bring Geon with them and it make peoples are crazier around them, not just because the girls but also for Geon. That little boy make a lots of Noonas (누나 : Older female (to males)) and Imos fall hardly in love to him. He makes them squeal crazilly and try to reach him, troubling bodyguards that his Daddy hire has to do extra work to protect them, but still happen, Geon get pinches and scrathes and those make him cry 'cause hurt. His loud cry make situation become more hectic. Yerin quickly pick him up and carry him, quickly try to find a way to get away from the crowd, the girls follow them.

 

They finally get inside their waiting room, Geon still crying, Yerin check on her nephew in details. "Geon-ah, what's wrong?"

"They hurt me Aunty~ Whoaaa!!!" Geon keep crying while show scrathes in his arms and red cheek.

Yerin can clearly see red pinch and scratch marks all over Geon's body and face, no wonder that little boy cry really hard. She hug him tightly on her chest and caress his back.

"Aunty, call my Mommy for me. I want my Mommy." Geon start to whine.

"Geon-ah, Aunty SinB will make warm milk for you. You like it, right?" SinB try to distract Geon's whine. Geon nod, his cry gradually reduce. Umji carefully put band-aid at Geon's scratch. She lift up her face to look at Geon's face and ask, "Is it hurt?" And that little boy nod with sad pout face, Umji then hug him, soothing, tell him with her gentle voice that the hurt will be gone soon.

"Geon-ah, here's your milk." SinB come while shaking milk bottle to mix the milk powder with the warm water. Geon look at SinB then reach out his hands. SinB give his milk bottle, that boy accept the bottle but not let down his arms, confusing SinB, she raise her eyebrow, questioning.

"I think Geon want to drink his milk with Aunty SinB..." Yuju guess. Geon nod. SinB's confuse face turn to warm smile. She sit next to Yerin then reach out her hands to pick her cute nephew up and put him on her lap. Geon drink his milk, then quickly drift to sleep, there some sobs left sometimes even at his sleep state. SinB's head down staring at her sleeping nephew on her lap. She can't help to scanning all over his small body, feel rueful at those pinch and scratch marks.

"You begin to immitating Sowon Unnie." Umji sudden said, confusing  SinB. She turn to look at her group maknae, "What do you mean?"

"You just scanning Geon, right?" Umji make a guess.

SinB dumbfounding for a while, thinking, but then nod. Umji chuckle, "That's Sowon Unnie used to do."

"You just can't help to do that, then begin to think how to keep Geon healthy, happy and do the best for him." Yuju join the conversation.

 

"Uhmm... I think all this time Sowon Unnie also train and prepare us how to be good mother." Eunha tell her opinion.

"Yeah, I think Eunha Unnie right. I just realize Sowon Unnie is become my role model of succesful-idol-mom supposed to be." Umji said. Other girls agree.

When the girls have to leave to perform, SinB carefully lay her sleeping-nephew on the couch. She tuck him on blanket. But when they about to leave, "Aunty SinB~..." Geon call in hoarse sleepy voice.

SinB stop her step then turn back and squat near him, that young girl somehow feel don't have the heart to leave that little boy who just call for her, but at the same time she also realize her obligation for her work and public's expectation, "Geon-ah, Aunties have to perform now. Staffs Imos will stay here with you."

"Aunties fighting! GFriend fighting! Yeo! Ja! Chin! Goo!!" Geon supprisingly fan chant even in sleepy voice and after that he drift to sleep again. His Aunties feel boost up and heartwarmed by his fan chant, their smile bloom unstopable.

"C'mon girls! Let's do the best!" Yerin feel her spirit become on fire after heard Geon's chant for them just now, try to 'infecting' and boost up other members spirit, and they not dissapoint her hope."Let's go! Fighting!" Then they leave to perform.

 

The girls finished their performed. They laughing and excitedly talk about their performance a while ago and how Geon's chant for them linger and keep burn up their spirit. When they arrive at their waiting room, Geon's cheerful welcome successfully make them happier. They running to him, competing to be the first who able hug Geon, end up they bumping to each other and fall scattered on the floor. They all laughing.

 

 

At GFriend's van...

Geon is sitting on his Mommy's seat munching his favourite biscuit, Yerin who sit on her usual seat next to Sowon's seat accompany him, while the other members are sleeping.

"Aunty Yerin, you must be tired, have a sleep, Aunty. The other aunties are sleeping too. Don't worry about me." Geon said. Yerin feel her heart warm of Geon's concern to her, she smile to him, "It's okay, Aunty Yerin still want to play with you, Geon-ah.." Geon smile to heard that.

"Aunty, Mommy said Aunty Yerin is the best leader to replace her." Geon's sudden said is surprising Yerin. She frown, "What do you mean, Geon-ah? Why I have to replace your Mommy become the leader?"

"I don't know." Geon just shrug his shoulder while keep munching biscuit.

Yerin think for a while, then ask, "Is your Mommy gonna go somewhere?"

"No." Geon shake his head.

"Then why she said about me replace her?" Yerin ask again. But Geon shrug his shoulder again, "I don't know."

Yerin feel upset about it, she can't hold to call her Leader-Unnie immediately to ask. She wait while on-hold tone ringing... Sowon not pick up her call. She try to call again. Waiting.... not pick up again. Yerin become more upset, she sigh heavily.

 

GFriend's next schedule is at talk show, but due to her upset and curiousity causing Yerin barely focus on the show, she rarely talk, respondless and her reaction and her face expression is blank. The other members are wonder and become worry. They ask as soon as the filming end, "Are you okay, Yerin Unnie? Do you feel unwell? You seem hard to concentrated on the show. It's weird you being like this... you are our group's ace for variety show."

But Yerin shake her head, "No. I'm okay. Sorry, maybe I just tired and hungry." She grinning try to convince them. As soon as they back at their waiting room, Yerin pretend to quickly grab her meal and eat her dinner edaciously when actually she really has no appetite for dinner, it's weird though for her to has no appetite, but her thoughts about 'leader replacement' is really bother her.

 

Gfriend's last schedule that day is at off-air performance.

Geon is playing with his aunties except Yerin who sit away from them, she try to call Sowon again but failed. She keep think about it, she finally decide to ask her Manager-Oppa.

"Oppa, is Sowon Unnie gonna go somewhere?" Yerin ask.

Manager-Oppa frown, "Sowon?... go where? Uhmmm.. she has to finish her drama series filming today. Then web drama series. Her schedule is full for 2 months. She even has to cancel or reject some offers. I don't think she can go anywhere beside her schedules for at least these 2 months."

"Okay, thanks, Oppa." Yerin then back to her seat before.

"Yerin-ah, why you ask? Are you tired because has to sitting Geon along your schedules? If you are, then I will tell Sowon to take care of her son by herself." Manager-Oppa ask.

Yerin quickly turn to face her manager-oppa, "No! No. I love sitting Geon. I love have him around. Don't worry, Oppa, it's not because of that. Instead, I will really angry to you if you tell Sowon Unnie about your thoughts just now!" That girl scold her manager sternly. Manager-Oppa just smirk.

 

 

At GFriend's van on the way back to their dorm...

Geon is on back seat with Eunha and SinB, they giggling happily. Yuju and Umji who on the middle seats also join them. While Yerin on her usual seat next to Sowon's empty seat behind the driver seat, is in deep thought. She try to figure out what Sowon's means by 'Leader Replacement'. Suddenly Geon's happy shout interrupt her thought.

"Mommy!! Mommy!!" Geon excitedly call his mommy and waving at the phone. They have a video call.

 

Sowon : "Geon-ah, baby, Mommy miss you so much!!"

Geon : "I miss you more, Mommy!"

Sowon : "Kids, were Geon bother you this whole day? I'm really sorry."

Umji : "No, Unnie. Geon is good boy, he not bother us. We are really having fun together today. Right, Geon-ah?"

Geon : "Yes. I really having fun with Aunties, Mommy. Oh yeah... also with Mamamoo Imos too."

Sowon : "Good. I'm happy to hear that. But, what's on your cheek, Son? Is that a scratch?" (Sowon frown)

Geon (touch his cheek) : "Eung. It's hurt~..."

Sowon : "What happened? Were you fell?"

Geon : "I fell. Look Mommy!" (Geon show his knee with band-aid on) "I was playing paper plane today with Maknaes Aunties, it was so fun, I ran but fell, then Aunty Yerin blew my knee like Mommy used to do then put band-aid on. It's not hurt anymore. Then when I was strolling on campuss stalls today, we had a lot delicious snacks. Aunty Eunha bought me chocolate ice cream with a lots of peanuts, it was so yummy. Mommy you should there with us. Aunty Yuju bought me Tteokbeokki, it's spicy but it yummy too. I like it. Aunty Umji bought me cake with a loooot of cream. It really.. really yummy, Mommy. The cream were all over my face but I them all. Hahaha...!! But then there were a lot noonas and imos, they pinch me, Mommy, they scratch me when they tried to touch me. It's hurt me, Mommy. I cried then Aunty Yerin saved me, she took me and brought me away from them. Aunty Umji put on another band-aid for me. Then Aunty SinB make a yummy warm milk for me."

Geon excitedly tell everything happened that day to his Mommy. All his aunties are watching him dearly. They laugh and sad with him. Sowon also pay attention on everything her son told her.

 

Sowon : "Kids, thank you so much for taking good care of my son. I've done my filming today, I'll be back to dorm to pick up Geon, so you can have comfortable rest tonight."

Geon : "Yeaaay!! Mommy will pick me up soon!!"

Umji : "Sowon Unnie, you treat us like we are somebody else..." (she said with sad tone and face)

SinB : "Yeah, I dissapoint on how you treat us, Unnie." (She said it with upset)

Eunha : "Geon, is our nephew. We love spend time with him, but why you act like we just sit him for order?" (She said it with pout)

Yuju : "You are mean, Unnie... how could you?" (She said it with dissapoint)

Sowon : "Aahh... Kids, don't missunderstand. It's not what I mean. I just don't want to bother and make you too tired. It because I'm worry and concern for all of you. I'm sorry if what I said insult you. It's not what I mean. Please, I'm sorry."

 

Geon look at his Mommy and Aunties. He confuse why all of them become sad. He doesn't like what he see and hear. "Why all of you become sad? Why Mommy apologized to Aunties? Why Aunties become sad and upset? Did I do something bad?"

SinB : "No, Geon-ah. It's not your fault." (She soothing Geon but glance a cold glare at Sowon)

Eunha hug her nephew.

 

Sowon : "Kids, I tell you what.... me and Geon better to stay at dorm tonight, afterall Hyun Oppa is still on his bussiness trip. Let's talk, we can't let something trifling like this break us apart... I'll see you at dorm, okay... just don't missunderstand me, please."

Then Sowon hung up the video call.

 

Silence...