Chapter 4

Sequel of Ridiculous Promise : Adorkable Aunties

It still early in the morning when Yerin smell something delicious that wake her up. She open her eyes. Blinks to the ceiling. She slightly hear Geon's babbling. Yerin smile hearing that cute sound of her nephew, but then her smile fade away when she remember what happened last night. It make her not want to wake up and facing her Unnie. She doesn't want to talk about that matter anymore. She wish she never heard what Geon's said and regret why she asked directly to Sowon even more while all her group mates there. It turns out hurt them all.

 

Suddenly the room door open. There's sound of cheerful light steps enter the room. Yerin quickly closed her eyes again, pretend to still sleep. She not expect that somebody who enter the room will come up in her upper bunk where she lay.

Suddenly a wet peck landing on her cheek, "Aunty Yerin... wake up! Play with me!"

Yerin force to open her eyes to look at her nephew that chuckle happily right away seeing his aunty wake. "Good morning!" He greet her cutely. Yerin can't hold herself to smile.

Yerin grab that little boy and pull him into her embrace and tuck themself under the blanket. "Aunty want to sleep a bit longer, Geon-ah..." Yerin whine cutely while lock her nephew on tight hug. That toddler wriggling try to escape, but Yerin not let him.

"Aunty~.. come on, wake up! Let's play to the park." Geon whinning.

"Let me sleep a bit more, Geon-ah... Aunty still tired." Yerin tighten her hug.

Geon finally give up. He not wriggling anymore, even cuddled deeper.

 

Silence...

 

"Aunty, Mommy is sad. She told me that Aunties are mad at her. She ask me to help her to ask Aunties's forgiveness." Geon said. "I don't like my Mommy being sad. Forgive her, Aunty. Please..." he beg cutely.

Yerin open her eyes and stare at Geon. "Aunties are mad at your Mommy, because your Mommy is underestimated herself and planning to leave Aunties."

Geon frown, "Why? Mommy is love aunties very much. It's impossible Mommy want to leave aunties... Uhmmm... if aunties don't want Mommy leave then just tell her to stay."

Yerin smile at Geon's simple solution. "Is it that simple?"

Geon nod, "Eung! What so difficult? Everytime I ask Mommy to stay, she will stay with me. Or if I ask to go with her, Mommy will take me go with her. But sometimes when Mommy ask me to stay and can't take me then I have to do what she ask me to do also. But Mommy will tell me why and always have good reason. Mommy can't take me with her not because she doesn't want to be with me but for my sake. Like yesterday, she couldn't take me with her because she had very tight filming schedule and she might more worry about me if she have to leave me a whole day in the waiting room, so it's better for me to stay at home or I could stay with aunties if I keep my promise to not be naughty and bothered."

Yerin chuckle to hear long babble of her toddler nephew, "Geon-ah, how could you be so smart?"

Geon smile proudly, Yerin laugh.

 

"Now wake up and play with me, Aunty Yerin ..." Geon whinning again.

"Are other aunties already wake up?" Yerin ask.

Geon shake his head, "No. That's why I don't have playmates..." he pout.

Yerin smirk, "Let's wake them up!" Geon nod his head excitedly, "Let's go!"

 

Yerin get down from her second storey bunk, then help Geon get down too. They walk hand in hand out from the bed room heading to the kitchen where Sowon look busy cooking breakfast. From behind Yerin look at her tall-slender Unnie who wearing denim hot pants, loose t-shirt, appron on and messy hair bun. She look young and fresh, there's no hint of she actually married woman and have 3 years old son.

Geon about to call his Mom when Yerin stop him. She squat next her nephew and whisper, "Your Mommy is absolutely gorgeous..." make that boy smiling wide and nod excitedly.

 

Yerin stand up again while still hold Geon's hand. "Unnie..." she call her. Sowon turn to her right away and smile, "Good morning, Yerin. Breakfast will ready soon. Can you help me wake your dongsaengs?"

Yerin nod, "I'll wake them... after we talk."

Sowon look surprise to hear Yerin straightforward said. But then she nod.

 

Yerin told Geon to go to the living room to watch Baby TV channel. Then she take a glass of cold milk from the refrigerator then standing next to Sowon while leaning on kitchen cabbinet. She gulp her milk first then start to talk, "Tell me about your plan." Surprising Sowon.

"Uhmm... well... like I said last night, I feel as 'black hole' in our group. I think I should set all of you free for your better career forwards. My existance in group just restrain your shine. I think my acting career so far is also not enough give significant contribution for boost our group.." Sowon pause for a while and sigh, "But if on forward it also sagging then maybe I should just have to accept that I am untallented enough to stay on entertainment bussiness, then maybe I just have to be full-job-mom who just stay at home. Thank God I already have a husband and child to take care of." Then Sowon just force to smile. Yerin feel hurt in her heart hearing Sowon's confession.

 

Sowon put the last dish on the plate and set it on the table with the rest of other dishes. Suddenly Yerin hug her from behind. "Unnie, please... I beg you... don't underestimate yourself. You are tallented, Unnie. You are our precious leader. Our group doing great 'till now and on forward is because you lead us well. Don't leave us, Unnie. Without you our shine will dims. We will spiritless. We will clueless..." Yerin start to sob.

Sowon also can't hold her tears. She turn around to hug Yerin more properly. Both of them crying sadly.

When they part away Eunha, Yuju, SinB and Umji already stands at the kitchen door and also crying looking at them, seems heard the conversation.

"Sowon Unnie, don't leave us..." the girls beg then come closer then they do group hug.

 

"Mommy, Aunties... what's wrong? Why you all crying?" Geon ask and pouting about to cry.

The girls part away their hug and look at Geon who look confuse and about to cry. Sowon quickly soothe her son, "Nothing wrong, Baby. Mommy and Aunties are make peace with each other."

Geon's face turn to smile, "Really? You all gonna stick together?" The girls smile and nod.

Geon run to them and hug them as many as his arms can reach. "Me too want to stay together! I love you Mommy and Aunties!!"

They laughing at how sweet and cute Geon are.

 

*****

 

That morning they having happy breakfast together. The girls feel their bond are stronger than before and their love for each other is bigger than before.

 

 

Suddenly in the middle of their happy breakfast time, Sowon get up from her seat and rushing to the toilet. Later she's back with paler face...

"Unnie, what's wrong? Are you okay? You sound just like throwed up.." The girls are ask in worry.

Sowon smile weakly, but rather than answer the girls's concern, instead she turn to look at her also worry-son, "Geon-ah... you'll get your dongsaeng in few months."

 

Silence....

 

The girls are dumbfounding, while Geon is cheering right away, "Yeeeaaaayyy...!! I will have gwiyeoun (귀여운 : cute) yeodongsaeng (여동생 : younger sister) !!"

Sowon smile, "I'm sorry, Son... but Mommy can't guaranteed that this will be cute baby girl, or it might baby boy."

"It's okay, Mommy, boy or girl is doesn't matter. The important is I will have dongsaeng. Yeeaayyy!!" Geon start to jumping and running around to the entire dorm excitedly make Sowon chuckle.

 

"What did you said just now, Unnie?" Yuju ask still in dumbfounding face.

Sowon chuckle more, looking at those funny dumbfounding faces of her members, "Kids, I'm sorry that I just able to tell you now...honestly this is the exactly reason why I mentioned about 'Leader Replacement'. Because I have to absent for quite long again in few months later for my second baby. I hope you okay with this." Then Sowon look at Yerin, "Yerin-ah, I'm sorry but I really need you to replace me at that time. Please..." Sowon timidly beg.

 

Silence....

 

"Aawww~.... Unnieeee~....!!" the girls get up from their seat to give Sowon a tight group hug.

"We are so happy for you." Yuju said with flowing tears but happy smile.

"Geezz... Unnie, you should tell us earlier, so we didn't have to through hard time like last night. How could you?" SinB nag and pout but also with flowing tears and happy smile.

"You love to prank us... bad unnie~.." pouting Eunha playfully slap Sowon's arm pretended to mad.

"It's amazing!! You will give us another nephew/niece. I'm so excited!" Umji shout while bussy wiping her flowing tears.

 

"Unnie, how could you make me feel so embarassing right now because had bad thought of you? I feel my bad mood yesterday was so useless... I even couldn't do my best at the variety show yesterday because keep thought about you and how mad I am to you..." Yerin confess while sobbing.

"Oohh~... I'm so sorry Yerin-ah... that I make you felt so bad for that long." Sowon reach Yerin and pull that younger girl into her tight hug and Yerin crying even more also sobbing hardly, so Sowon rubbing her back, soothing. 

 

After a while...

The girls finally calm down. They are so happy about the new baby news ^^ and they also really happy that they completely cleared the missunderstanding between them.

GFriend will last long! Last forever!! Always together!! Unbreakable. Just like Glass Bead (GFriend debut song), it's beautiful eventhough seem fragile but actually strong, won’t break that easily. ^^

 

THE END