The Boys

Silenced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked to the back the back of the room, keeping my head down. I pursed my lips as i heard the giggling coming from the girls as i walked by. I swear this was the longest 5 seconds of my life. I could also hear the the remarks coming from the guys who sat around Namjoon. Ms. Oh started talking about today's schedule and assignments.  

 

‘I really hope this new start isn’t as bad as it seems.’

 

Namjoon was already seated by the time i reached my destination. I looked at him as i pulled my chair out to sit next to him, he had a smile on his face. I just gave him a small smirk, i placed my bag on the hook of the desk and scooted myself in. i placed my elbows on the desk and brought my hands up to my face . i closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. I could hear Namjoon rustling through his bag. He was breaking my concentration, so i opened my eyes to see what the fuss was all about.

 

Namjoon leaned forward to talk to the guys in front of him and placed a hand on one of their shoulders.

 

“Hoseok, do you have an extra pen i can barrow? I left mine at home again.”

 

The boy turned his face, he had very strong face, in the sense he was able to give facial cues very well. He had a pretty disgusted and annoyed look on his face, that was kind of funny.

 

“You have a table partner now, you can steal her supplies from now on,” he struggled him off while giving me eye contact.  Before he turned back around to face the front he gave me a quick smile and wink.

 

I looked at him confused and then closed my eyes again.

 

“Aish,” Namjoon let out a quick sigh as he leaned back into his chair. He poked my shoulder to get my attention, i opened my eyes again.

 

He asked me in English, “Do you have an extra pen i can barrow?”

 

I nodded to give him a response. I started digging through my bag taking out my notebook as i was looking for my pencil pouch. I opened my pouch and grabbed two writing utensils and laid them on my desk. Before i knew it, Namjoon had snatched one of the pens. He had this joyous look on his face, like a three year old on christmas day, as he held the pen three inches from his face. I don't see what the big deal was, it was a blue pen with a little character face on the top of it. It looked like some type of bear, i guess?

 

Namjoon caught me staring at him. “This is Ryan.” he pointed to the figure at the top of the pen, “hes one of my favorite characters, can i keep this?”

 

I nodded again.

 

“You don't talk-.”

 

“Namjoon!” Ms. Oh interrupted him. We both immediately turned our heads to the front of the room. “There is plenty of time to talk later.”

 

Everyone started to giggle, i turned red and slouched down my chair trying to hide. Namjoon bowed his head to apologize.

 

A few hours had passed. I didn't focus in class at all, just doodled in my notebook the whole time. When a bell had finally rang and let's just say it scared the crap out of me. But, i needed up going back to my drawing.

 

“Ok class i'll see you after lunch,” Ms. Oh shut her books and walked out of the class room.

 

“Namjoon, are you going to join us for lunch today?” the boy from earlier turned around and asked.

 

“No, i think i have to do some duties and i should probably show her around.” he pointed to me.

 

I don't think they know i speak korean well enough to know exactly what they are saying. They kind of act as if i'm invisible. It probably doesn't help any i've kind of ignored the boys as they talked to each other while class was going on.

 

“Why not just bring her along?” he replied back.

 

“I guess, you don't think the others would mind?”

 

“Nah they should be fine,” he swatted the air and laughed. “I highly doubt they won't mind a pretty face around. What you think Angel?”

 

I looked up when i heard my name.

 

“Do you wanna join us?” Namjoon added in English.

 

“Aish, there he goes in english again.”

I shrugged my shoulders, i really didn't care. I didn't want to be a burden.

 

“Did you bring your own lunch or do you need to go to the lunch hall?” Namjoon seemed concerned.

 

I started to dig through my bag, trying to find the lunchbox Uncle Jun had packed for me.

 

Hoseok seemed annoyed since i wasn't responding, he stood up. “I’m going to head on down.”

 

I finally found my lunch. Namjoon wasn't by my side when i turned back around. I looked around the room, the classroom was mostly empty besides a couple pods of students. Namjoon was by the back door of the room and waved to me with a smile. I got up and walked to him slowly.

 

I don't know exactly where he was taking me but he pointed out every important spot as we passed. I stayed silent the whole time but Namjoon didn't seem to mind talking to himself. We finally reached a door that lead outside, he opened the door for me and lead me down the stairs to the soccer field. We must be at the back of the school. Once we reached the field you could here someone yelling.

 

“NAMJOON!!!”

 

There was a group of boys sitting on the bleachers one of which was standing and waving vigorously trying to get his attention. We walked towards them, Namjoon's walking speed picked up. You could tell he was excited to see his friends. He grabbed my hand out of impatience and started running. Everything went in slow motion for me. This action took me by surprise.

 

“Yah Namjoon,” we finally reached the group. Namjoon dropped my hand, “took you long enough.” pouted Hoseok.

 

“Well i could just walk straight here,” he sat down.

 

I wasn't sure what to do, i just stood there with my head down, my hair covering my face.

 

“Whos the girl?” asked an unfamiliar voice.

 

My face turned red, i didn't know what to do. It's not like i could talk to them or anything like that. I just bowed.

 

“Ah, thats Angel,” Hoseok spoke up. “She’s the new girl in our class, Namjoon’s child for the week.”

 

“Thats no way to talk about her.” Namjoon replied.

“It's not like she can understand us really,” Hoseok replied quickly.

 

“She has to have some idea of what we are saying,” Namjoon hit Hoseok over the head. “I don't think her family would send her to an all korean school if she didn't.”

 

Hoseok rubbed his head. “But, then why doesn't she talk?”

 

They all stared at me.

 

“She’s probably scared,” Namjoon seemed to be on my side. “What if your parents sent you off to another country for school, what would you do?”

 

“Party.” they all laughed.

 

“Angel sit down and eat.” Namjoon hit the spot next to him, “These boys’ barks are louder than their bites.”

 

I sat down at the base of the bleachers and popped open my lunch. Definitely not food i'm used to.

 

“Before we start,” Hoseok stood up. “We should introduce ourselves to Angel, how could we make such a bad first impression on our new and pretty friend.” he made some weird faces and swung his head back and forth, trying to act cute. He walked towards me and wrapped his arm around me to turn me around so my back wouldn't be facing the group. “Yah, Namjoon, make our introductions.”

 

Namjoon sighed as he placed his chopsticks down. “You have Jin,” he pointed to the one stuffing his face with food. He had a confused look on his face when his name was mentioned but he managed to smile and gave me a small wave. “He's two grades ahead of us, then you have Yoongi,” he moved his finger to the boy lying down. The only one grade ahead and he likes to sleep.”

 

“I'm not sleeping,” he lifted his arm to protest. “I’m disgesting.” he draped his arm over his face to cover his eyes.

 

“Next you obviously have Hoseok, no introduction needed for him.”

 

Hoseok gave Namjoon a dirty look he obviously didn't like being brushed off so easily. “I’m everyone's hope.” he raised his arms to the sky and shook his whole body while slowly letting his arms down and shaking his hands.

 

“ those two,” Namjoon continued. “Are Taehyung and Jimin, they are a grade below us.” he pointed out the baby faced boys sitting next to each other.

 

“You can't forget Jungkook,” Jin added.

 

“Oh, true, Jungkook is in middle school. So you won't see him around during class time, but he is our friend, you'll probably meet him one day if choose to stay with us.” Namjoon picked his chopsticks back up and started eating his food.

 

“Angel,” Hoseok started, “What you having for lunch.” it seemed more like he was testing my korean than being interested in my food.

 

I lifted my lunch box up to him to show.

 

“You ok if you share with me?”

 

I shrugged. I wasn't sure if i was going to eat the whole thing by myself anyways. The food Jun made for me seemed kind of out of my comfort zone for food.

 

Hoseok took my chopsticks ad took a bite of my food. “Mm not bad,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter