The Beginning

Silenced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes the hardest things in life come at the wrong time. I learned this the hard way but, when new people come into your life amazing things can happen. You'd never expect those things to come at the least inconvenient times, when your life is at its lowest. I know this is weird but i fell in love at the darkest time in my life. Let me take you the beginning of the this story of mine.

I was sitting on my knees sobbing in my hands. This was the worst day of my life, i never in a million years ever thought i would have to do this to my parents at the age of sixteen, a child should never have to barry both of their parents at this young of an age.

I felt someone kneeled beside me.

"Angel, it's not your fault, you know this right?" i heard my uncle's voice say to me. I looked up from hands. I could barely see him from all the tears forming in my eyes. But i could feel his hands on my shoulders, then he placed one of hands on the back of my head and pushed it into his chest.

My uncle was the only person in my life i had left. My father's parents are both deceased, my father was an only child, my stepmom's parents disowned her, and who knows where on earth were my biological mother was, i probably wouldn't want to live with her anyways. Uncle Jun kept in touch with his sister even though his parents would do the same if they found out he was talking to her. My stepmom has a very strict and traditional korean family, they disapproved of her marrying my father, a foreigner. They called him dirty and an unfit husband.

we were the last people at the graveyard besides the workers who were finishing up and rolling fresh grass over the graves. My uncle kept a grasped on me to help comfort me, he whispered comforting words in my ears, telling me it wasn't my fault, it could happen to anyone. I felt him scoop me up, he knew i wasn't going to get up on my own anytime soon, i wrapped my arms around his neck as i cried into the crook of his neck and shoulder. He gently placed me into the backseat of his car, where i just curled up in a ball, my eyes swollen and sore from all the crying, my body just physically exhausted from the emotional stress, it wasn't hard for me to fall asleep once the car started moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Angel, hun, we are so proud of you!" My mom was boasting in the car, she was always proud of everything i did.

"Yeah, you did an amazing job," added my dad. "We knew you would kick Susan's , her singing voice is nowhere near the same level as yours."

We were heading back home from the annual music competition that was held by the High school every year. Granted it was all in good fun, the competition was not meant to hurt anybodies feelings, they never actually gave anyone places or trophies. So it wasn't a real competition but everyone called it one anyways, cause the choir and band parents made it a huge deal.

"The storm is certainly picking up," I noted. "Good thing the competition ended when it did, or we might of lost power before it was over."

"No worries, remember, this father won best carpool mom award."

The car filled with laughter, when all of a sudden my dad jerked the car. You could hear the tires squeal. The car had flipped so many time i started to get disoriented. Everything went black, you could hear my parents struggling for air. I could feel a warm gooey substance running down my face. There was yelling being muted out by a high pitch ring. When i realized what was going on, I was paralyzed with fear, everything was a just a huge blur. All i could make out was red and blue lights. I was being drugged out of the car by the fires quad. The rain was cooling and tasted sweet compared to the iron already in my mouth. My sight started going in and out. Flashing, clear, black, streaks of color. I could vaguely make out what was going, it seemed like i was there top priority, and before i know it i was out again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was in my room but yet it wasn't, the walls were empty and boxes scattered the room. A week had passed since the funeral and this would be the last time i would stay in this room, in this house, or even in this country. I would be leaving to live with Uncle Jun in korea. It might be a challenge but i'll be fine, mom did teach me korean in hopes to take me one day, to show me where she grew up, some type of mother daughter vacation she was thinking of doing for my senior year.

I can't blame her, it was pretty cool. She showed me music videos, dramas, and differently variety shows. I found it all very interesting but nothing i could show my friends, i had a reputation to uphold. I couldn't be flashing around photos of GDragon and TOP. they would of found it weird and super uncool. I would be outcasted in a heartbeat if they knew.

I sighed while staring at a picture of my dad and mom, they looked so happy. How could i of been so stupid to ask them to take me to the competition such last minute. If susan would of left me alone that day and wouldn't of posted embarrassing videos of me sing to social media, i wouldn't of asked my parents. I usually don't let things get to me so easily but i had to prove her wrong. I was being a self centered teen. I was more important than my parents lives. I should've known better with how dark and gloomy that day was.

Tears rolled down my face i reflected the last happy moments with my parents, hitting the picture frame. A slight knock came from the door before it cracked opened. Uncle Jun poked his head in.

"Hey, you're up." He said with a smile.

I just looked at him, tears still running down my face. He lost his smile and started to walk towards me. He gently grabbed the picture from my hands. I didn't take my eyes off of him.

"You can't be quiet forever, hun. I know this is really hard on you, but everything will be ok, you'll be able to smile again. But, if you are choosing to stay mute, that's fine." he sighed as he grabbed my head to pull me in for a hug. "I just want you to know i'm always here for you, I'll never leave you. I just want you to open up to me." he lifted my head up and wiped away my tears. "I have a present for you, i don't know how much good it will do, but i'm hoping itll help, but you gotta come down stairs first." he released me from his grasped and help out his hand to help me up from my bed.

I followed him down the halls of the now empty house. I can still see where all the pictures would still be hung. All the smiling photos of our family. I touched the wall wanting to get strength from the house. But nothing came to me. The house had no life to it anymore, it was just empty, quiet, and eerie. Everything i loved was either gone or placed in a box.

We made our way to the kitchen table, Uncle Jun pulled out a chair for me and told me to sit. He went to go grab an item from a drawer in the kitchen before he sat down across

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter