The Stranger the Sequel: Remedy

Spring Collection

Beep... Beep...

The flashing light on her phone reminded Yena that she's been spending too long of her time in front of the mirror. Her thumb sliding the screen to see who was the sender of the incoming message. A sweet smile curved on her lips as the name of the person that always distracted her mind was shown among the previous list of her inbox message.

The Thief.

That was the name she gave Jungkook for disguise on her phone, just in case she lost her phone someday. Well, aside from her members no one know about what had been happened during the party that night. Not even their mandoo manager.

Chaekyung tiptoed silently to surprise her dongsaeng. "Yena-ah~ stop staring at yourself for too long." she said in the familiar tone. "You might break the mirror by your beauty."

Big burst of laugh passed from the other member with the princess fineapple-like statement. It was practically the best entertainment that could bring a loud laugh among them.

"Aigoo~ my squirrel looked so pretty today." said Chaekyung pinching her bare fluffy cheek. "No wonder your Mr. Thief fall head over heels for you."

Sheepish smile plastered on her lips. 

Yena hurriedly took her towel and heading to the bathroom before Jinsol started to occupy the only bathroom in their dorm. It was a very hot day, and all she needed right now was a good cool shower.

She threw her tired body on the sofa after finishing her shower. Gulping her warm milk, Yena clicked the button of her phone. She got ton of message from her friends, but none of the coming message was from him. 

And it had been a week since the last time he ring her. 

Being with a superstar like Jungkook always been like dealing with mystery puzzle, you would never know how and what you might get in the between. Yena knew it would be the consequence of their relationship when she decided to demand him a responsibility of his action towards her. But...

'I need to get used of it...'

She put her cup back when she felt the vibration came from her phone. Finally, his number showed up on her screen.

Smile popped up on her red lips.

"Hey..."

"Yang Yena." it was his voice she secretly miss. It sounded bit deeper and hoarse.

Yena could heard his light coughing sound followed by some sneezing through the wire. Frown on her eyebrow. "Hey, are you ok?" 

She started to worry about him. Jungkook and his group had been through a hectic schedule starting from the earlier time this year. She's doubting that he could stay in good physical condition at this moment.

"Nothing really serious," he said with a heavy breath. "Just a common cold."

His lost of voice was the witness of his lie. She knew it. Jungkook was bearing it all for himself, just to make people surround him less worry.

"Do you miss me, Yang Yena?" Jungkook asked her out blue. He could only heard her soft breathing sound through his phone. Jungkook was not aware that something else was occupying her mind at this moment. Something was just stuck on , waiting to be said.

Yena was just holding it for some unknown reason.

"Jeon Jungkook..."

Never in his life Jungkook felt so happy when his name was called. It was sound so sweet when his name slipped through her lips. Even her sweet voice was so poisonous on him.

"You know what, Yang Yena." he chuckled with his hoarse voice. "I might get worse if you keep calling my name that way."

Jungkook really meant his words. Yena's voice was like a poison to his current mentally and physically bad state. 

"I miss you, really."

Yena secretly smiled to his sudden confession. He was always the one who told her his feel. It was not that she didn't feel the same, but she was just too afraid to reveal what she kept on her mind. She was not ready yet.

"Jeon Jungkook," Her eyes wandering on the darkness shown through the window, collecting all the gut she needed. "Do you want me... to come?"

The boy on the phone was astonished by her unexpected question. He smiled an ear to ear smile with her sudden suggestion. 

"I do.. I always do." Yena could hear his soft whispery voice. "But it was quite late now.. You might fall sick too if you come."

Yena heaved a sigh. His answer was beyond her expectation. Pabo-yah...

"Just tell me where you are, I will come.."

Because I missed you too... Really...

 

*****

 

Yena pushed the front door of the café she was not familiar with. It was not as crowded as she thought it would be. She tug off her hoodie as the waiter greeted her warmly. He seemed aware of who she was.

"Is he here?"

The waiter raised his eye brow, observing the young girl in front of him. He looked surrounded to make sure no one was putting their eyes on them. He nodded his head lightly and showed her the way to their back room.

"He was inside."

She followed his direction to the room at the end of the hall. Jungkook was telling him that he was at the coffee shop owned by his close hyung instead of their dorm. So Yena went directly there after she ended up their call.

Yena pulled the knob of the door and pushed it slowly. Warm smile marked on her lips as she saw Jeon Jungkook was sleeping quietly on the sofa. She put the groceries she bought for him on the way to the café on the floor after closing the door softly. She walked quietly to his direction before sit on the edge of the sofa. Jungkook's sleeping expression showed the beautiful side profile of him under the moonlight that made their way through the transparent glass.

She was about to brush off his beautiful locks when she was suddenly pulled into his hug by the sleeping man.

"Yang Yena..." She could hear his vibrating voice through his broad chest as she laid on him. "You're here."

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly as the sweet scent of the shampoo she used that left on her hair shoved into his nose. He her hair gently, telling her how much he missed her these day. He was rooting for a moment like this since forever.

Yena didn't bother to say a thing to him. At this moment she just wanted to enjoy his presence through the beautiful rhythm of his heartbeat that beating inside his chest. It was so calming.

He sat back on the sofa after sharing a moment of silent with his loved one. He took her hand on him, eyes still on her absorbing one, reassuring himself that Yang Yena was really there instead of his own hallucination due to his sickness.

"Are you OK?" He gave her his warm smile as her cold hand touched his warm forehead.

Tiredness could be seen on his face due to his illness, or maybe due to the side effect of the medication he took. But instead, Jungkook patting her head softly to make her less worry. 

Yena slapped his shoulder softly. "Stop pretending to be very well in front of me."

It's ok to be not OK in front of me...

Chuckles left his lips as Yena pouting her lips in protest. Jungkook put his big palm on her head, eyeing her with lovingly gaze he had. Her worried expression was just too adorable, giving him a hard time to restrain himself not to steal a peck on her inviting lips.

With all self control left on him, Jungkook sent her a light kiss on her forehead instead.

"Stop pouting, Yang Yena." he said half-jokingly. "I cant' guarantee that my common cold was not contagious for you."

She got what he was implying with.

Yena looked at him as Jungkook's hand caressing her cheek. His lovingly gaze and the longing feeling she had been kept for him leading her hand to cup his beautiful face and sent him a soft but sweet peck on his lips.

Jungkook startled by her sudden move, he didn't expect it at all. But instead of avoiding his gaze, Yena looked at him with her affectionate gaze. She felt ready to reveal all she got for him.

"I'm stronger than you think, Jeon Jungkook." Her playful smile broke the self-control that he'd hardly built.

He closed his eyes as his hand bring her closer. His warm breath that brushing on her nose induced smile on her lips before their lips met. Yena could feel the hot temperature caused by the fever on him, but she didn't care at all about it.
She just missed him, his warmth, his lips, his embrace. Badly.

Jungkook put his hand on her waist to bring her closer. His longing feeling for her was unbearable. The feeling of her warm soft lips on him worked like a painkiller that eased the pain he felt due to the fever that invade his body. Her soft delicate finger that brushing his hair just as a powerful tranquillizer that soothed his tensed body and soul.

He didn't need any painkiller, antihistamine or any other medicine. All he needed was her to be by his side. And her kisses was the best remedy he could get tonight.

Yena looked at his brown eyes when she pulled away for air. Smile plastered on both lips as the tip of their nose were touching each other, sharing their moment together.

"Feel better now?" Asked Yena, caressing his cheek with her thumb.

Jungkook nodded his head slowly before landing one more peck on her beautiful nose.

"But I think I would get a faster recovery if you give me one or two more set of your therapy..." 

Yena slapped his chest playfully before he claimed her lips for the second time. She was chuckling between their kisses when Jungkook tried to bite her lips and tickled her waist. It was such a sweet moment until...

"Hey wake up, Jeon Jung.......kook?!"

His oldest bandmate, Kim Seokjin, opened the door and broke into the room all of sudden. His eyes were wide opened when he saw their sick maknae was sharing some time with their hoobae.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook!"

Yena started to get panicked as she heard the voice of his other bandmate coming. But thankfully, Seokjin close the door fast to prevent to come inside.

"He's not here." His voice was loud enough to be heard from inside. "Let's go home already."

Jungkook chuckled soundlessly as his eldest hyung kept persuading the other member that he was not there and asked him to go home, leaving Yena blushed madly for not locking the door previously.

The door was opened slowly as the loud sound disappeared. Seokjin popped out his head through the gap, smirking.

"You owe me once, Jeon Jungkook." and closed the door fast before Jungkook able to threw him a bottle he got.

Jungkook brought his attention back to the blushing girl. He turned her head to look at him, playful smirk was on his lips. 

"Should we continue?"

The blushing Yena slapped his chest to make a protest, but she was silenced by him before she was able to make a sound.

 

*****

 

Two Days Later...

Chaewon brought a glass of water to her dongsaeng room. She looked at her half asleep dongsaeng helplessly. "Yang Yena, wake up and take your medicine." she put the medicine and water on the table and help her to sit on her bed.

Yena took the medicine she got from doctor and take it all. Her dizziness get better after a good sleep on her bed. But her coughing was still persisted.

"How can you got such a fever?" Yena beamed her mother-like unnie a aegyo grin as she help her with the wet towel on her forehead. "It was so unlikely you."

She chuckled secretly with Chaewon statement. Yeah, she's right. It was not so Yena type to fall sick easily if it was not only caused by the virus transmitted to her few days ago.

And that virus was called: Jeon Jungkook.

 

END